Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

30 Day Visa extension?

hyaku

Dont wanna get flamed but I use passport photos these or 2x2 are ok. Scanned one and sent one to my courier she just prints when needed. Also a yearly power of attorney for the courier if you live a long way from an office and are sick to death of keep going to BI.

For me constant boat trips and hotels work out more expensive than having somebody do it for you. My nearest satellite office has a renewal stamp that fills up half a passport page. Paying out 12000 for a new passport thats full before its expired is yet another unwanted expense.

Edited by hyaku

goggleye

Went to the olongapo BIA office last Friday in the rain. I had on shorts but the guard waved me in says it's ok it's raining. Short easy visit to get my 30 day extension. Very courteous and businesslike and I'm out the door and off to the old olongapo base to the mall and pizza finally the habagat monsoon is slowing down.

Gus

Ive been looking through the forum but cant find it.....I have to renew my visa very soon because my first month is coming up,I remember reading that I could now renew the visitors visa at Grand Mall Mactan if this is correct can anyone tell me where its at?(Not the mall but the BI office in the mall)

Thanks.

The BI in Mactan Island Mall is in what they call the Annexe section ..the BI opens at 8am , but the Mall at 9.30 or 10 ...

The entry is from the Highway side ..ML Quezon Hway .. and the guard will let u in , if u going earlier.. there are a few snack and coffee places in that area, as SSS office is there too ..

The photo place didn't open until 9am last time I went ..

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

• Like 1

aussiekangaroo

I just renewed a few hours ago in JY mall. They now require a 2x2 photo and my visa cost 3,130 which takes me upto the 9th of August it was due today. Also I recieved a sticker for the first time instead of a stamp. The process took less then 20 minutes. The girls at the receiving window were very friendly. First time I have been in that office and looks like you don't need to wear long pants anymore either.

Edited by aussiekangaroo

TheWhiteKnight

I just renewed a few hours ago in JY mall. They now require a 2x2 photo and my visa cost 3,130 which takes me upto the 9th of August. Also I recieved a sticker for the first time instead of a stamp. The process took less then 20 minutes. The girls at the receiving window were very friendly. First time I have been in that office and looks like you don't need to wear long pants anymore either.

All of that is true. No more dress code.

• Like 1

Woolf

I just renewed a few hours ago in JY mall. They now require a 2x2 photo and my visa cost 3,130 which takes me upto the 9th of August it was due today. Also I recieved a sticker for the first time instead of a stamp. The process took less then 20 minutes. The girls at the receiving window were very friendly. First time I have been in that office and looks like you don't need to wear long pants anymore either.

The dress code has been relaxed a few years ago  01 October 2013

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/news/top-stories/78-top-stories/563-new-dress-code-policy

The sticker was implemented between mar 2014 and dec 2014

• Like 2

Derick

Why are you posting information that is at least misleading if not wrong

You do NOT need a visa to stay for more than 30 days

you can get the stay permit up to 59 days at the port of entry   cost is about 2700 php

or you can go to immigration and have your stay extended to 59 days at the cost of 3130 php

At port of entry getting 59 day stay at Cebu where is office located or what is the procedure, can you clarify please,

Woolf

At port of entry getting 59 day stay at Cebu where is office located or what is the procedure, can you clarify please,

Just before you go through immigration, look for an office to the right or to the left

last I entered the office was to the right 

last I went straight to the office and asked, jumping the lines

someone said that you have to ask the immigration officer

and he will guide you to the office

if he already stamped your passport with the 30 days  it is too late

• Like 2

SkyMan

You know, some of you are replying to posts over 1.5 years old?

Derick

You know, some of you are replying to posts over 1.5 years old?

Granted correct but if they pertain to current circumstances are helpful, thank you Woolf 

lucky138

I just went to a travel agent on Tuesday and dropped my passport off and was told 6 to 10 working days and it will return.  4500p and now I am walking around with no passport.  Tried to send money today via WU to old navy friend near Subic for his 65 birthday and was told I could not send without my passport. 

SkyMan
3 minutes ago, lucky138 said:

I just went to a travel agent on Tuesday and dropped my passport off and was told 6 to 10 working days and it will return.  4500p and now I am walking around with no passport.  Tried to send money today via WU to old navy friend near Subic for his 65 birthday and was told I could not send without my passport. 

Then maybe you need to change your member name.

• Haha 1

Woolf
30 minutes ago, lucky138 said:

There is NO 30 day extension

if you been in philippines for 30 days since last entry  then the extension is 29 days

after that it is 1, 2 or 6 months

the 29 day extension is 2130 php

Always have a copy of the information page and a copy of the page with the latest visa stamp

Edited by Woolf

lucky138

someone just told me that Monday is a holiday here so I was hoping to have it returned on Monday but that seems to be out of the equation for now.

samatm
16 hours ago, lucky138 said:

use Palawan Express... simple way to send money.   No Passports needed.. In fact I don't ever remember giving them any ID to send. 

BI is closed on Monday.. so I will see you there on Tuesday.  I have to take care of mine on Tuesday.     And the new operating procedures  aT BI are HORRIBLE.  

Edited by samatm