Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

30 Day Visa extension?

ancienrocka

Are 30 days standard now?

Yes

batman2525

Ive been looking through the forum but cant find it.....I have to renew my visa very soon because my first month is coming up,I remember reading that I could now renew the visitors visa at Grand Mall Mactan if this is correct can anyone tell me where its at?(Not the mall but the BI office in the mall)

Thanks.

Edited by batman2525

Jeepney

Island mall, mactan. Or jcentre mandaue.

• Like 1

Jeepney

Just ask security when entering the malls, or take a babe there, and ask her to ask

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY
For the single regular tourist, It is still refered to as the 59 days of stay or visa, which consists of the initial 30 day free entry permit and then the additional 29 day 9(a) tourist visa extension, hence called the first 59 days of stay in the Philippines and thereafter one can stay longer, which ever visa extension one decides to choose, ether the every 2 months or the new LSVVE long stay every 6 month visa!  

For a stay of more than 30 days, a traveler must apply for an appropriate visa at the Philippine Consulate General.  A visa generally allows a stay of until 59 days in the Philippines.

Visitors wishing to stay beyond 59 days may apply for an Extension of Stay at any office of the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines before the authorized stay runs out. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the two types of visa extensions available to tourists before their 59 days of stay expires

Here is the old procedure

Please be informed that foreigners holding temporary visitors’ visas may extend their stay in the Philippines every two (2) months for a total stay of sixteen (16) months. The applications for extensions within this period can be filed at any of the Field Offices of the Bureau of Immigration (BI).

The extensions of stay after sixteen (16) months up to twenty-four (24) months need the approval of the Immigration Regulation Division Chief while extensions of stay beyond twenty four (24) months need the approval of the Commissioner. For this reason, applications for extensions beyond 16 months must be filed at the Visa Extension Section at the Bureau of Immigration, Main Office at Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila.

The temporary visitors who wish to extend their stay for more than 16 months but less than 24 months must write a letter addressed to the Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division (IRD) requesting for further extension of stay.

Once approved by the IRD Chief, applicant must proceed to the Bureau’s Visa Extension Section for an assessment of the corresponding fees to be paid. This office is located at the Ground Floor of the Bureau of Immigration, Main Office at Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila.

Here is the new law

Foreigners holding temporary visitors visa pursuant to Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 and aliens admitted under E.O. 408 may extend their stay in the Philippines every 2 months for a total stay of 16 months. Extension of stay after16 months, up to 24 months need the approval of the Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division. Extension of stay after 24 months need the approval of the Commissioner. (MCL Memorandum dated 31 July 2007)

The new law was passed on June 4, 2010 even though the act is called Immigration Act of 2009. It refers to Senate Bill 3404 Section 42, about the 24 month visa extension!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the info from BI: site just Google LSVVE:

LONG-STAY VISITOR VISA EXTENSION (LSVVE)

Who can apply?

All temporary visitors, regardless of nationality and not otherwise disqualified, who wish to extend his/her tourist visa during the last thirty (30) days of the previously issued LSVVE, or upon the expiry of a regular visa extension.  The total duration of extension shall be not more than six (6) months from the time of expiration of authorized stay.  

Where to apply?

BI Main Office

What to bring?

1. Checklist with complete documentary requirements

2. Application Form

3.Additional Information on Applicant's children  (if needed)

How to apply?

Secure the CGAF from either at the Public Information and Assistance Unit (PIAU) at BI G/F Main Office or from the official BI Website.

Submit the completely filled-out application form and attachments together with the passport to the frontline officer.

If the applicant has no derogatory records, a BI Clearance Certificate shall be issued. Otherwise, the applicant must proceed to the Verification and Certification Unit for Clearance.

Get the Order of Payment Slip and proceed to Cashier for payment.

Pay the fees and get the Official Receipt.

Submit the Official Receipt with the application form, attachments and passport to the receiving/assessment Officer.

Claim the passport stamped with the requested extension of stay.

How much does it cost?

For Visa-required nationals

ITEM DISCRIPTION

AMOUNT

Extension Fee

Php 3,010.00

Application Fee

ACR

Head Tax

ECC

Certification Fee

I-Card

Express Lane Fee

Express Lane Fee (Cert.)

Express Lane Fee (I-Card)

TOTAL

PHP 13,900.00

For Non visa-required nationals

ITEM DISCRIPTION

AMOUNT

Extension Fee

Php 3,010.00

Application Fee

ACR

Head Tax

ECC

Certification Fee

I-Card

Express Lane Fee

Express Lane Fee (Cert.)

Express Lane Fee (I-Card)

TOTAL

PHP 11,500.00

*Fees are updated as of 06 March 2014 and may change without prior notice.

1Php 510.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below.

2No Head Tax for those below sixteen (16) years of age.

3Php 210.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below.

4Rate may change depending on US dollar exchange

5Double Express Lane Fee.

6Php 510.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below.

7No Head Tax for those below sixteen (16) years of age.

8Php 210.00 for fourteen (14) years old and below.

9Rate may change depending on US dollar exchange

10Double Express Lane Fee.

As stated above this Visa is only issued at the main office.  They affix a special stamp there at Intramuros.  Did not see anything in the news releases of the new BI offices that states they will be allowed to issue LSVVE stamps.

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY

batman2525

Can I get the photos in Island Mall ?

Woolf

For the single regular tourist, It is still refered to as the 59 days of stay or visa, which consists of the initial 30 day free entry permit and then the additional 29 day 9(a) tourist visa extension, hence called the first 59 days of stay in the Philippines and thereafter one can stay longer, which ever visa extension one decides to choose, ether the every 2 months or the new LSVVE long stay every 6 month visa!   

For a stay of more than 30 days, a traveler must apply for an appropriate visa at the Philippine Consulate General.  A visa generally allows a stay of until 59 days in the Philippines.
Visitors wishing to stay beyond 59 days may apply for an Extension of Stay at any office of the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines before the authorized stay runs out. 

Why are you posting information that is at least misleading if not wrong

You do NOT need a visa to stay for more than 30 days

you can get the stay permit up to 59 days at the port of entry   cost is about 2700 php

or you can go to immigration and have your stay extended to 59 days at the cost of 3130 php

Edited by Woolf

NOSOCALPINOY

Why are you posting information that is at least misleading if not wrong

You do NOT need a visa to stay for more than 30 days. Wrong, it's required! So what's the 30 days + 29? The 29 days is an additional visa extension and the 30 days is the initial free entry permit aka the 59 days of stay in the Philippines!

you can get the stay permit up to 59 days at the port of entry  cost is about 2700 php

or you can go to immigration and have your stay extended to 59 days at the cost of 3130 php

I think you should reread my OP! I DO NOT post misleading information when it comes to important immigration issues!

Besides, links have been provided for anyone to read and they can verify fees since they change constantly! I just didn't mention about getting the extension at the airport or at any BI Field Office! 

I didn't make all this up! So please! DO NOT shoot the messenger!  

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY

Woolf

Where ever you found the information does NOT matter, it is still misleading

NOSOCALPINOY

Where ever you found the information does NOT matter, it is still misleading

I'm not going to argue with you! People can read for themselves,

since I only provided the links as proof as to what I've only posted

to help members on here! So, do not shoot the messenger!    

platonic

Can I get the photos in Island Mall ?

The other guys seem to be busy doing other things,

I do not think you need any photo's for your 29 day extension,

but, if you do need them, plenty photo shops in the Island mall.

• Like 1

NOSOCALPINOY

I entered the RP on September 9th and was given a 30 day visa (instead of the previous 21 day visa).  I went into BOI yesterday to renew my visa.  I thought it would be renewed for 60 days, but it was only renewed for 30 days.  That seemed odd to me.  I put on my application that I wanted a 2 month extension.  However, I think now that the first extension is following the previous pattern, where you got 21 days and then your first extension was 39 days, which adds up to 60 days.

This is just to confirm what I wrote in my first OP! I hope first time tourists now understand how the procedure works after arriving in the Philippines for the first time or thereafter and want to stay beyond the first free 30 days and or after the additional 29 day visa extension, which makes up the 59 days of stay in the Philippines. So, before the 59 days expires, one can choose the varying types of extensions (mentioned below) if one desires to stay even longer in the Philippines beyond 59 days.    

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/extensionofstay

1. I am a foreign national under a Temporary Visitor’s Visa, I can stay legally in the Philippines for thirty (30) days however I want to extend my stay, how do I go about this?

Foreign nationals who are admitted with an initial stay of thirty (30) days may apply for a visa waiver first, granting an additional stay of twenty nine (29) in the Philippines. Thereafter, you may apply for one (1) month, two (2) months or six (6) months extensions at least one week prior to the expiration of your valid stay.

1. How long can I extend my in the Philippines?

Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months.

Note: The said periods shall be counted from the date of the applicant’s latest recorded arrival.

1. What are the requirements for me to extend my Temporary Visitor’s Visa?

For visa extension requirements, kindly bring your passport and submit a filled out visa extension form at any BI offices.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/VariousApplicationsForms/CGAF%20for%20Tourist%20Visa%20Extension.pdf

1. May I send a representative on my behalf to file my visa extension?

You may send a representative to file for your visa extension given that you will provide a Special Power of Attorney (SPA).

1. How many days should I allot for the filling of my visa extension to avoid overstaying?

You may file for your visa extension application seven (7) days before your Temporary Visitors’ visa expires.

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY
  • Like 1

Woolf

The other guys seem to be busy doing other things,

I do not think you need any photo's for your 29 day extension,

but, if you do need them, plenty photo shops in the Island mall

A photo is needed

2 x 2 inch white background

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

batman2525

Went to Island Mall...asked the security guy where the immigration was....followed his directions,went into BI, asked if I needed any photos,yes the guy replied you get them over there....I went to where he pointed...the nice looking lady took my photo and said 50 pesos...wait 5 mins she said....she got the photos and cut them to size..I went back to BI and completed the forms,gave them to the guy behind the counter who checked them,after about 30 mins he called my name and I took the forms and my passport plus 3130 pesos to the cashier,15 mins later the cashier gave me everything back and I was gone.

Note.Knowing they like you to be suitable dressed I wore a pair of levis jeans that were stuck to my legs with sweat.....I can confirm that there was about 6 foreigners extending their visa while I was there.....4 were wearing shorts and myself and a Brit were wearing long pants....next time Im keeping my shorts on.

Thanks.

Hy H

Went to Island Mall...asked the security guy where the immigration was....followed his directions,went into BI, asked if I needed any photos,yes the guy replied you get them over there....I went to where he pointed...the nice looking lady took my photo and said 50 pesos...wait 5 mins she said....she got the photos and cut them to size..I went back to BI and completed the forms,gave them to the guy behind the counter who checked them,after about 30 mins he called my name and I took the forms and my passport plus 3130 pesos to the cashier,15 mins later the cashier gave me everything back and I was gone.

Note.Knowing they like you to be suitable dressed I wore a pair of levis jeans that were stuck to my legs with sweat.....I can confirm that there was about 6 foreigners extending their visa while I was there.....4 were wearing shorts and myself and a Brit were wearing long pants....next time Im keeping my shorts on.

Thanks.

Good for you getting it done on Mactan. Yeah casual clothing is fine now. I did same in the J-Mall today, what a PIA it was there today. Big guy was back at entrance counter. Place was packed. First time in 2 half year experienced nearly 3 hour wait there. Appeared like many new staff there. Could not pay with a card at cashier..sori sir ..not working...same as BDO ATM at supermarket entrance. Mind you time went over the lunch break as well, so had to stop by Mc D`s for bite. Traffic there and back also very heavy. Might just be the festive season causing this. 

• Like 1