Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

30 Day Visa extension?

Kreole

I entered the RP on September 9th and was given a 30 day visa (instead of the previous 21 day visa).  I went into BOI yesterday to renew my visa.  I thought it would be renewed for 60 days, but it was only renewed for 30 days.  That seemed odd to me.  I put on my application that I wanted a 2 month extension.  However, I think now that the first extension is following the previous pattern, where you got 21 days and then your first extension was 39 days, which adds up to 60 days.

Skywalker

How much did you get charged for the 30 days extension?

Kreole

P 3030

udonthani

so the situation is almost totally unchanged. It still costs you 3,030 to get your extension but it takes you to 60 days, not the 59 it was before. 

Kreole

One week more before the first extension.  BFD!

Edited by Kreole
  • Like 1

SkyMan

That's what I figured.  I didn't think you'd get any benefit to the 30day waiver unless you only planned to stay 22-30 days.

hyaku

Lol what a con! I was wondering about the math that would level all the visas to one year. So no change except tourists get another visa free week. I wonder what percentage of tourists stay more than a few weeks anyway. Your average person has a job.

• Like 2

SomeRandomGuy

Lol what a con! I was wondering about the math that would level all the visas to one year. So no change except tourists get another visa free week. I wonder what percentage of tourists stay more than a few weeks anyway. Your average person has a job.

your average person realizes it is a shit hole in under a week

• Like 1

SkyMan

so the situation is almost totally unchanged. It still costs you 3,030 to get your extension but it takes you to 60 days, not the 59 it was before. 

It was 21 + 39 before, it's 30 + 30 now.  No change.

udonthani

are you sure. I thought you got a 38 day extension before not a 39 day one.

ancienrocka

It was 21 +38 legally, but always seemed to work out 2 months after you arrival date how ever many days there were in the month.

For Real

30 + 30 would have saved me money over the past 6 years. I was always renewing and flying out a few days later for other commitments - I am one of the few who like the new arrangement 

Edited by For Real

Woolf

deleted

Edited by Woolf

Bonjon

I entered the RP on September 9th and was given a 30 day visa (instead of the previous 21 day visa).

Are 30 days standard now?

Woolf

Are 30 days standard now?

I guess so

I arrived in Cebu October 2 and was given 30 days