New Dress Code for BI

My God, some of you people need to lighten up.

Firstly it was a tongue in cheek comment, and secondly what the f*ck has money in the bank got to do with it, and where exactly did I mention money in the bank?

Finally I guess they brought in the dress code in the first place, because people might well have been turning up dressed like bar bums.  IF THE CAP FITS, WEAR IT!

money has everything to do with it as you well know many people with money look down on people without money thats why you call them type beach bums .your comment was not tongue and cheek you made a matter of fact statement of how you judge people on what attire they wear.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skywalker

• easy44

• SkyMan

• GoHuk

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very sad day for good manners and common courtesy.  One day, every 2 months, you can dress up a bit, look less like a beach bum, and present yourself as a good example of a responsible foreign membe

A very sad day for the rental pants guy.

so according to you i,m a beech bum and irresponsible member of the public because I choose to wear shorts t-shirt and flip flops really ? well i,m cringing at your hoity toity comment so because you

Skywalker

The police are "smartly turned out in uniforms" too, but they don't enforce a dress code for people on the sidewalk.

That is a pretty poor analogy isn't it.  Pedantic for the sake of it.

money has everything to do with it as you well know many people with money look down on people without money thats why you call them type beach bums .your comment was not tongue and cheek you made a matter of fact statement of how you judge people on what attire they wear.

Actually it's the BI that are making the judgement.  Wind your neck in.

SomeRandomGuy

I dress to fit in with the locals... same as anywhere I would be in the world.

The old BI dress code was a bit much though. Glad someone got their head out their ass and realized it.

• Like 1
Headshot

That is a pretty poor analogy isn't it.  Pedantic for the sake of it.

It isn't a poor analogy at all, and hardly pedantic. Common sense is NOT pedantic. However, taking your dress standards and trying to apply them to everyone is ostentatious and overbearing at the very least. I am very happy that Immigration is making dress that is normal in malls acceptable in their offices. If all government offices had Immigration's old dress code, half of the population couldn't go into the offices (since many here only have a pair of slippers, and no alternative footwear).

• Like 1

awwwh :sadface: I had so much fun sipping the lower legs to my shorts and laugh of the stooges arguing whit the guard then shuffling over to me and the "pants for rent guy"

:D 

Skywalker

However, taking your dress standards and trying to apply them to everyone is  at the very least.

Not my dress standards - the standards as prescribed by the BI.  And those standards are "ostentatious and overbearing" ?  And the dress code was aimed at foreigners I suspect - which is why it's applied in the Immigration Bureau.

Incidentally there is a dress code to enter many churches.  Do you disagreed with that?

I am entitled to my opinion, as indeed are you.  But why didn't you take it up with the BI if the dress code offended your common sense so much?

MarinePride

A very sad day for good manners and common courtesy.  One day, every 2 months, you can dress up a bit, look less like a beach bum, and present yourself as a good example of a responsible foreign member of the community.

I cringe at the way some foreign people dress here.  Supposed to be representing First World standards?

The officials at the BI are smartly turned out in uniforms, and generally act in a very professional way.  Don't you think it is also respectful for us, to also make some small effort to look like functioning members of the human race?

I only have to do the annual report, so going to the BI is something I do once a year. It is downright uncomfortable in this climate to wear pants, socks and shoes.  Finally the BIR is becoming more user friendly and I applaud it, when in Rome do as the Romans do.  I'm not advocating looking like a full blown slob, but it's possible to wear nice sandals, shorts and  shirt.  I'm not working at the BI, just stopping by for a 5-10  minute transaction and nothing more.

Don't hold me to a higher standard.  As far as respect goes, it's there job to act respectful and I reciprocate appropiately.  How about all the disrespect that goes on when I drive here...respect--I'm sick of the word.

• Like 2
Headshot

Not my dress standards - the standards as prescribed by the BI.  And those standards are "ostentatious and overbearing" ?  And the dress code was aimed at foreigners I suspect - which is why it's applied in the Immigration Bureau.

Incidentally there is a dress code to enter many churches.  Do you disagreed with that?

I am entitled to my opinion, as indeed are you.  But why didn't you take it up with the BI if the dress code offended your common sense so much?

I wasn't responding to Immigration's dress code. I was responding to your comments.

While I don't know the dress standards of all churches, I can certainly go into any Catholic church here and attend Mass wearing dress shorts and leather sandals. Anybody who tells you differently is jerking your chain. Maybe you haven't been to church in a while.

I am very happy with the new dress code. If the new dress code offends your sensibilities, why don't you take it up with them the next time you go in. Yes, you have every right to your opinion. That doesn't mean that others can't disagree with it. If you put it out there, be prepared to defend it without being offended.

A very sad day for good manners and common courtesy.  One day, every 2 months, you can dress up a bit, look less like a beach bum, and present yourself as a good example of a responsible foreign member of the community.

I cringe at the way some foreign people dress here.  Supposed to be representing First World standards?

The officials at the BI are smartly turned out in uniforms, and generally act in a very professional way.  Don't you think it is also respectful for us, to also make some small effort to look like functioning members of the human race?

• Like 2
Skywalker

I certainly don't mind if people don't agree with me.

I just don't think someone, who doesn't know shit about me, should decide that I am making this an issue about money!  Not 'headshot' I hasten to add!

If dressing a bit better/smarter once every 2 months, or even just once a year, is too much for some people, so be it.   :rose:

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 1
SkyMan

Supposed to be representing First World standards?

Sorry, I missed that in the job description. I represent me. Anyway, I dress this same way in the US except in the winter of course.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I was in Mandaue BI office before lunch today and looks like no one had taken the change with outfit yet, all guys dressed up in long pants, shoes and collared shirts.

Saw two female travellers there with rug sacks and wearing rather tight fitting shorts and sports sandals getting their business done seemingly without problems.

SkyMan

IF THE CAP FITS, WEAR IT

Sorry caps not allowed.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Maybe the final comment belongs to one of the posters at the reference,

Julian Tanaka
I hope that this doesn't affect the transgender community negatively.
Reply · Today at 2:41am

:rofl:

• Like 1
BossHog

Saw two female travellers there with rug sacks and wearing rather tight fitting shorts

Are camel toes now permissible?

easy44

Are camel toes now permissible?

They are encouraged.

• Like 1