Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

USA starts circulating the new $100 bill today

Knowdafish

Take twenties to the RP instead of larger bills. When you currency swap you don't have to list the serial numbers.

This is not a good idea. Some places won't take twenties and the ones that I've encountered that do give a discounted exchange rate for them. Clean, crisp, 100's are still the way to go in my opinion. I haven't had to do the serial number thing for years. 

• Like 1

Headed that way

Every bank and Western union that I changed money at required the serial numbers to be listed on the form. But the form said only 50's and 100's required the serial numbers to be listed. Cashed twenties four times between the mall at Cebu City, the airport (twice), and once near Clark. No problems.

SkyMan

Every bank and Western union that I changed money at required the serial numbers to be listed on the form. But the form said only 50's and 100's required the serial numbers to be listed. Cashed twenties four times between the mall at Cebu City, the airport (twice), and once near Clark. No problems.

Well, bring 20s if you want but unless you're on a Whippy budget you're going to be carrying a fat wallet.

I prefer the old money.

572.jpg

Headed that way

Ha! that money has held all of its value since I was a kid. Still $50 to pass go isn't it?

2,000 in twenties is just about a three quarter inch thick fold. Most of it in the money belt anyway.

Glock

My HSBC ATM card works fine, with no fees, usually have $1,000usd for emergencies.

Paul

I can imagine what it is going to look like to Khmer's here in Cambodia, once they start getting them. They won't want to touch them, thinking they are fake.

you should watch out for fake $50s more.

And $20's as well. 

Wrye83

I just got handed these today. Had no idea they were doing a new bill, if it weren't a bank handing them to me I would have questioned what the person was trying to pull.

Posted Image

When these banks and governments finally pull their heads out of their rears they'll realize that electronic wallets are the way of the future and the best way to stock counterfeiting......of course that brings on a whole slew of other issues......mostly with old people not understanding how it would work.

Google started something with their wallet. Now we just need people to help it catch on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

broden

AC4Ui9P.gif

2e399nl.jpg

Monsoon

They are all over here in the Philippines. 90% of the 100's I got from the money changer 3 weeks ago were new design. 

Kim_

Does anyone know if there is any plan to remove the "old" 100 USD notes? If so, when will they become invalid?

Monsoon

Does anyone know if there is any plan to remove the "old" 100 USD notes? If so, when will they become invalid?

All designs of US currency remain legal tender regardless of when they were issued. But you will find that money changers abroad will eventually shy away from the old design in time just as they did when the last design came out. 

Edited by Monsoon

tim

The banks in the USA will slowly take them (the old 100 usd bills) out of circulation. As they order new bills each month, they will send back the old bills, as they wear out, too... (this is what I was told) but there is no timetable that I know of. 

jmho

exploringlife2

I brought both new and old bills mid Nov. Never thought it would be a problem. I went to exchange and they wanted me to fill out 3 pages of forms which I did not know the answers to, like my permenate address in the Philippines ( do not have one). So I just sent my girl friend to the exchange to take care of this. First time with an old bill and next time with a new bill. The exchange we used before refused to take the new bill and she found another and the exchange rate was lower.

Just what happened to me. Usually use the ATM, but not always is working.

SkyMan

The old bills will always be legal but it will be harder to spend them in the normal way.  Eventually only banks will take them but by then they may have a slightly higher value to collectors.