Sign in to follow this  
Enuff

USA starts circulating the new $100 bill today

Enuff

Today the USA starts circulating the new $100 bill.

I know in the past money changers have had problems accepting the "older" $100.

I'm assuming that the current will still be accepted and I'm sure the new will be welcomed.

Please let me know if anything changes.

I'm coming in December for 2 weeks and want to make sure I bring the right style of bills to be exchanged.

Thanks

new-100.jpg

Enuff

the current $100 bill

265px-Usdollar100front.jpg

the old $100 (they will cash at a reduced rate)

265px-US_%24100_United_States_Note_1966.

MattFromGA

I read that N. Korea is a big source of fairly serious looking counterfeit bills.  If that is true, I hope these new bills can put a swift end to that type of crap.  I can only imagine how much currency that shit hole of a country has pushed out over the time.  Nobody deserves the ability to print their own USD, doubly so for a country like N. Korea who is using that to evil ends.  If any country truly fits into the definition of "axis of evil", it is N. Korea.

• Like 1

udonthani

you should watch out for fake $50s more.

smokey

I read that N. Korea is a big source of fairly serious looking counterfeit bills.  If that is true, I hope these new bills can put a swift end to that type of crap.  I can only imagine how much currency that shit hole of a country has pushed out over the time.  Nobody deserves the ability to print their own USD, doubly so for a country like N. Korea who is using that to evil ends.  If any country truly fits into the definition of "axis of evil", it is N. Korea.

well if they can find out where the printer is drop a 1,000 pound bomb on the building the us should start showing its super large military more ... no more turning the other cheek 

panther

if anyone got any spare ones going send them my way lol

Headed that way

Take twenties to the RP instead of larger bills. When you currency swap you don't have to list the serial numbers.

Enuff

I have never had to write serial numbers ever and I've never taken anything but hundred dollar bills . But my last trip I had an older one hundred dollar bill, two money changes wouldn't cash it and another one offered to exchange at a reduced rate.

I just don't want to show up with the wrong bills.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Headshot

Go to a bank and get uncirculated (new) bills to bring.

udonthani

there are definitely fake 50s out there, it is not only 100s that are faked. In Cambodia I always used to make a note of the serial numbers of not just 100s but 50s as well whenever I tendered one to pay a restraurant bill just to deter them from switching it with a fake one, which is not unknown. 50 dollars is still a large amount of money. It is likely to be more than two weeks wages for the waitress who is serving you. They are not above taking them round the back, switching them, and then coming back and saying 'sorry sir the bill you just gave us is a forgery'.

SkyMan

Today the USA starts circulating the new $100 bill.

I know in the past money changers have had problems accepting the "older" $100.

I'm assuming that the current will still be accepted and I'm sure the new will be welcomed.

Please let me know if anything changes.

I'm coming in December for 2 weeks and want to make sure I bring the right style of bills to be exchanged.

Thanks

Are these the ones with the tracking chips?

broden

wish they would circulate some my way

i think to save money the government should decrease the size of the bills to match their devaluation 

they could be down to about 1 square inch per now compared to the originals .. it would save paper and cost 

SkyMan

they could be down to about 1 square inch per now compared to the originals .. it would save paper and cost
True, and then you could just glue one onto envelope to save buying stamps.
  • Like 1

bahalina buong

If OP was coming this week, I would say bring some 'new condition' old bills.  It might take a while before the banks here are comfortable with the new currency, but most will not accept worn bills at all.  Check back a week before you leave and surely someone here will have had first-hand experience with this by then.  Good luck.