I need direct help with visa................

Enuff

My story:

I have been dating a girl from Consolacion for a year now. Eventually we will get married, but in no immediate rush. I visit her 4 times a year and see her at least 2 times a day via Skype. She comes from a VERY conservative family and her mother rules the roost. She is going through annulment and has 2 children.

I'm only 44 and she 38, so I'm not ready for retirement but I can work for my current company via the internet, at a reduced rate. My income will be reported in the USA as well as my taxes. I have some money set aside for rainy seasons, hehehehe.

We are looking at a piece of property near Sagbayan Peak, buying from a relative, 4000 sqm for p30,000 (1 acre for $700 usd or p7.5 per sqm). Her father will build us a simple 3br/1cr house and my costs will be less than p300,000 for everything. So basically its not that much of an investment and I can walk away at any time.

Here are my questions:

1. If im still single when I move there, I need to either do the tourist visa with extensions or the SRRV with $20,000 usd deposit. $1700 fees & $360 usd annual fee. What are the pros & cons to each of these?

2. Balikbayan Visa - travel out & back with spouse each year for the 1 year stamp. (assuming we are married). I believe this is free, other than the annual vacation. Is this worth the hassle? Are there any special restrictions?

3. If I don't get married, are my only options tourist visa & SRRV?

4. If do get married what are my choices, since i'm married to a Filipina do I get anything easier, hehehehehe?

If there are any other visa tips, i'm all ears.

Thanks,

BigMook

the.lone.gunman

Try talking to Paul at Cebu Expat Services. He is very knowledgable about this sort of thing.

Headshot

1. I'm sure Davaoeno will tell you. He is an SRRV agent.

2. Once you are married, the BB option (it isn't really a visa) is probably the cheapest option (if you are planning to leave the country at least once a year). It is pretty much hassle free, but you have to be traveling with your wife, have a copy of your marriage certificate (having her passport in her married name wouldn't hurt either) and process through Immigration together (together in line). The agents don't have to give you a BB stamp, but if you follow their rules, they probably will. If they don't, then you will be on a tourist visa.

3. No. You could get a 9A visa (work). There are other options as well.

4. No.

Tourist visa is cheap and easy, about 46 USD monthly.

Davaoeno

1. I'm sure Davaoeno will tell you. He is an SRRV agent.

Davaeno will tell you to read the PRA site, where all the info is set out. Also I dont think you want to travel all the way to Davao to deal with me !! lol

btw-  ANYONE  can become a SRRV agent - all you have to do is to apply to PRA in Manila.  

• Like 1
Skywalker

Is there a benefit to being an SRRV agent?

Davaoeno

Is there a benefit to being an SRRV agent?

You get $500 usd for each person you sign up

• Like 2
stevensanph

4. If do get married what are my choices, since i'm married to a Filipina do I get anything easier, hehehehehe?

Not sure why others have said no, because answer is yes.

There is the 13a visa which makes you a permanent resident.  The only downside is that you have to pay resident travel taxes when leaving the country.  Advantages are you don't need to go to immigration and banks treat you like a local.  You still can't own land, but they will put your name on the title as 'married too'.

Be careful 'buying' from a relative.  If it has been inherited, or the title is in the name of a deceased relative, there WILL be a fight over who actually owns it - probably after you have built the house.

There is the 13a visa which makes you a permanent resident. The only downside is that you have to pay resident travel taxes when leaving the country. Advantages are you don't need to go to immigration and banks treat you like a local. You still can't own land, but they will put your name on the title as 'married too'.

With a 13a you still have to report to immigration once a year and pay 310 PHP

Terrance

Nothing is "easy" in the PI.  Any money you invest in land or a house you will never see again.  Make sure you want it before you buy it.  If you buy form a relative you are setting yourself up for some serious heartache and regret in the future.

OP - sit back, take a deep breath and another sip of your favourite tipple.  I really do understand your enthusiasm; most of us have been there, but ...  I know this is not the advice you want to hear; I know your situation is different (are you sure?); I know you believe you are the first true-love to hit this forum; ...

Never post financial details on this or any other forum.

Now ...

Do not consider marriage to a Filipina with two children unless ...  (and to understand that 'unless' you must be here for a decade)

She is 'going through' annulment?  You mean it's not complete?  How much more does she need to bribe the Church and officials.

'Conservative family?'  What's that?

No, no, no!  Do not 'buy' land - you can't.

I'm sorry to be so negative.  You may have found the 'one in a million' girls; statistically I don't think you have.

Come here on a tourist visa.  Extend it if necessary. 

Please read these forums

/

My story:

I have been dating a girl from Consolacion for a year now. Eventually we will get married, but in no immediate rush. I visit her 4 times a year and see her at least 2 times a day via Skype. She comes from a VERY conservative family and her mother rules the roost. She is going through annulment and has 2 children.

I'm only 44 and she 38, so I'm not ready for retirement but I can work for my current company via the internet, at a reduced rate. My income will be reported in the USA as well as my taxes. I have some money set aside for rainy seasons, hehehehe.

We are looking at a piece of property near Sagbayan Peak, buying from a relative, 4000 sqm for p30,000 (1 acre for $700 usd or p7.5 per sqm). Her father will build us a simple 3br/1cr house and my costs will be less than p300,000 for everything. So basically its not that much of an investment and I can walk away at any time.

Here are my questions:

1. If im still single when I move there, I need to either do the tourist visa with extensions or the SRRV with $20,000 usd deposit. $1700 fees & $360 usd annual fee. What are the pros & cons to each of these?

2. Balikbayan Visa - travel out & back with spouse each year for the 1 year stamp. (assuming we are married). I believe this is free, other than the annual vacation. Is this worth the hassle? Are there any special restrictions?

3. If I don't get married, are my only options tourist visa & SRRV?

If there are any other visa tips, i'm all ears.

Thanks,

BigMook

Listen to the people on this forumn. They know what there talking about theyve walked in your shoes before. Ive been coming back and forth for 14 years and live here for six years you should never buy property or build a house before your married under any circumstances. If you are married it is still not the best idea, but its a little different story. Tell her you want to wait till your married. You dont realize what your getting into. Relax we know you love her just wait. Good luck
  • Like 1