TABLET VS PC

lamoe

Couple of months ago laptop had to go in for repairs.

Rigged Acer 10" with mini Bluetooth keyboard from IPad case - $15 @ BB&B - and mini-mouse, sorry Mickey. Find I now use tablet almost exclusively for everything, texting, email, web browsing, except word processing (no cut / paste) and CAD work.

Like that I can take it with me where ever I am in house. WiFi capable so makes for some interesting SKYPE video chats. They seem to love when they see me

really cooking - gotta ya.

Anyone else?

Just picked up an HP 17.3", 8 gig ram x 750 gig memory laptop at K-Mart for $486.39 (19,500P?) total with tax. Anyone know what it would cost about there?post-15177-0-24351600-1381096372_thumb.jpg

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
liquido

Couple of months ago laptop had to go in for repairs.

Rigged Acer 10" with mini Bluetooth keyboard from IPad case - $15 @ BB&B - and mini-mouse, sorry Mickey. Find I now use tablet almost exclusively for everything, texting, email, web browsing, except word processing (no cut / paste) and CAD work.

Like that I can take it with me where ever I am in house. WiFi capable so makes for some interesting SKYPE video chats. They seem to love when they see me

really cooking - gotta ya.

Anyone else?

Just picked up an HP 17.3", 8 gig ram x 750 gig memory laptop at K-Mart for $486.39 (19,500P?) total with tax. Anyone know what it would cost about there?attachicon.gifIMAG4105.jpg

Im sure if you found it here it would be alot more money..When I arrive USA in Dec I will be picking up by then the new released Nexus 10.2 tablet...I think it will work well for my needs....

Edited by liquido
lamoe

I don't usually buy the latest of any electronics. Very older versions typically 25 to 40% cheaper.

Latest version of this PC is about $750 depending on where you buy it.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Just picked up an HP 17.3", 8 gig ram x 750 gig memory laptop at K-Mart for $486.39 (19,500P?) total with tax. Anyone know what it would cost about there?

I would say P30,000 - P35,000, more if it's a quad core. My friend paid about P42,000 for 14" LED, with a terabyte HD, quad core Samsung. Many times you don't even get software with a new computer here unless you pay extra.

A desktop PC would be less, with similar configuration.

You can get a decent net-book though for P12,000 and adequate notebook for around P20,000.

Edited by Salty Dog
lamoe

I have read that electronics can be somewhat expensive and hard to find.

I'll be bringing all my toys with me.

Just picked up a 220V to 100V 1600 watt converter for $1.50 (60P) at Goodwill and a 5,200 Mah dual amp USB rechargeable battery from Office Max for 400P

Also will bring maybe 6 MP3 players as gifts. 4 Gig Apple shuffle knockoff (550P each with charger)

liquido

I have read that electronics can be somewhat expensive and hard to find.

I'll be bringing all my toys with me.

Just picked up a 220V to 100V 1600 watt converter for $1.50 (60P) at Goodwill and a 5,200 Mah dual amp USB rechargeable battery from Office Max for 400P

Also will bring maybe 6 MP3 players as gifts. 4 Gig Apple shuffle knockoff (550P each with charger)

Almost all the china cheapo phones here have mp3 players in them..plus you can get mp3 players very cheap here..China electronics is here in force..quality a differant story..