How to get a banned site reinstated on Google?

I have followed through with the BS red tape via Adsense, to get Danny's Taxi site reinstated, but nothing, nada. 

Let me go back a bit. I am not 100% sure it was banned, but I believe it to be. If you go to Google and type in "Cebu Taxi" or "Cebu Taxi Service", that site used to be the first result. Now, it does not come up at all. But, Google is the only search engine, so far, that this happens on. So, I am under the impression it was banned, for some reason?

Anyone let me know what I can do to contact the powers that be regarding this, and hopefully, get it reinstated?

Came up as number 5 on the list here

• Administrator
Salty Dog

When I searched Google for "Cebu Taxi Service" , it came up number 2.

Cebu (City and Province) Taxi Service, Danny has been serving ...
www.cebutaxiservice.com/‎
Cebu Taxi Service delivers you safely within Cebu City and Cebu Province. Contact Danny Noy if you are coming to Cebu!
Edited by Salty Dog

Huh? Damn. It doesn't come up for me at all. WTF!?

I must be losing my mind, then. 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Huh? Damn. It doesn't come up for me at all. WTF!?

I must be losing my mind, then. 

Maybe the service provider or government there is blocking it.

Try a free online VPN like http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy/

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 2

LOL. A taxi service site for Cebu? :D 

Would that be an IP blocking thing, or for specific sites only?

First time this has happened to me.

I don't really care if I can't see it in the results. As long as others are seeing it, that is all that matters.

Thanks, guys.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

LOL. A taxi service site for Cebu? :D 

Would that be an IP blocking thing, or for specific sites only?

First time this has happened to me.

Well if it's an IP block, you probably wouldn't be able to access Google.

Try going to Google through this site http://www.hidemyass.com/proxy/

• Like 1

I didn't think to use a proxy. But, I didn't think I would need one, in Cambodia? LOL Oh well, live and learn, I suppose.

Odd. Comes up as the 3rd result for me, now. 

I guess Danny has enemies in the Cambodian government. :D :D

Dragonladies.org

Google has been playing with the search algorithms.  

Where I'm at in the US, right now, he shows up as the second listing, after a tripdavisor listing.

(is he mentioned at the tripadvisor post?)

post-4936-0-31823800-1381070556_thumb.jpg

Maybe the return is different if you do a search in Cebu, or SE ASIA, which may be a problem if you are in Cebu and looking for a taxi.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I didn't think to use a proxy. But, I didn't think I would need one, in Cambodia? LOL Oh well, live and learn, I suppose.

it would probably be a bit expensive to take a cab from cambodia to cebu anyway

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Globe or Philippines Government blocks hundreds of sites. I have to use a VPN several times a week to access a site.

Globe or Philippines Government blocks hundreds of sites. I have to use a VPN several times a week to access a site.

Once, early in 2005, someone screwed up at PLDT and caused PayPal to be blocked for a length of time. I recall having to remote access a computer in the US, in order to log on to my PayPal account. It was a pain in the ass. But, they finally got it sorted. 

• Administrator
Salty Dog

Where I'm at in the US, right now, he shows up as the second listing, after a tripdavisor listing.

attachicon.gifScreenShot478.jpg

Maybe the return is different if you do a search in Cebu, or SE ASIA, which may be a problem if you are in Cebu and looking for a taxi.

Depends on how you search too. If you search with the words in quotes it will usually give you a different list order than if you don't. But I'm also pretty sure Google uses some pretty fancy  software to target searches based on location and you search history.

Hell even YouTube targets you based on your location. I used to get a notice that said, not available in your country due to copyright laws.

Edited by Salty Dog

attachicon.gifScreenShot478.jpg

Jim Sibbick may have mentioned Danny on posts or threads through some of those trip travel sites.  

Anyway, thanks again, guys. I am just glad it wasn't blocked / banned from the search engine.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Depends on how you search too. If you search with the words in quotes it will usually give you a different list order than if you don't. But I'm also pretty sure Google uses some pretty fancy  software to target searches based on location and you search history.

yeah google screws around with searches

they seem kinda like the media .. telling you what they want you to hear