I-864 Affiidavit of Support for US Visa

Has anyone filled out the I-864?  I know I have to fill out one for my wife and her daughter who I have petitioned using I-130 form. 

Do I need to fill out one for our new born son? He has dual citizentionship?  I'm not sure?

shadow

Has anyone filled out the I-864?  I know I have to fill out one for my wife and her daughter who I have petitioned using I-130 form. 

Do I need to fill out one for our new born son? He has dual citizentionship?  I'm not sure?

No, you do not have to file an affidavit of support for your son if he is a US citizen, he does not need a visa.

• Like 1

No, you do not have to file an affidavit of support for your son if he is a US citizen, he does not need a visa.

Ok thanks shadow...another question on the DS-230 form, I know its replaced with DS-260, I think the DS-260 has this same question:  it asks for all cities that I have lived in for more than 6 mos after the age of 16.  Being retired military, I have lived in allot  of places and some  of them  I cannot remember the exact month and the exact year for some of the cites I have lived in...do you know if that will be a problem with the NVC, if I cannot remember the exact month and year?  Some cities I do remember the exact month and year....and others I don't.

shadow

Ok thanks shadow...another question on the DS-230 form, I know its replaced with DS-260, I think the DS-260 has this same question:  it asks for all cities that I have lived in for more than 6 mos after the age of 16.  Being retired military, I have lived in allot  of places and some  of them  I cannot remember the exact month and the exact year for some of the cites I have lived in...do you know if that will be a problem with the NVC, if I cannot remember the exact month and year?  Some cities I do remember the exact month and year....and others I don't.

Just make educated guesses.

Just make educated guesses.

Have you gone through the I-130 petition process for  immigrants before?

shadow

About 300 times, this is our website;

www.pinayvisa.com

• Like 1

www.pinayvisa.com

Ok thanks for your website...

SkyMan

Hahahaha, joke lang.

www.pinayvisa.com

question for ya shadow my sis n law applied for visit visa to the U.S to visit her future husbands sister she is 50 she got refused she is now applying for a fiance visa will she get knocked back again do ya think .she was married to another american before and is about to be annulled the marriage only lasted a few months.

SkyMan

I'm not Shadow but I can give you some incite I think. I could have guessed she would be turned down for the tourist visa because she has a fiancé in the US. They assumed she was going to go, get married, and apply for change of status which is substantially cheaper and faster. I'm not saying that was what she was going to do but that is what they were thinking. She should not apply for the fiancé visa until her annulment is complete. They will not grant a fiancé visa to someone still married and if she tries to hide that she could get blacklisted. Once she's eligible to marry the fiancé visa shouldn't be a problem. Having been turned down for the tourist visa should have no effect.

Edited by SkyMan
shadow

I'm not Shadow but I can give you some incite I think. I could have guessed she would be turned down for the tourist visa because she has a fiancé in the US. They assumed she was going to go, get married, and apply for change of status which is substantially cheaper and faster. I'm not saying that was what she was going to do but that is what they were thinking. She should not apply for the fiancé visa until her annulment is complete. They will not grant a fiancé visa to someone still married and if she tries to hide that she could get blacklisted. Once she's eligible to marry the fiancé visa shouldn't be a problem. Having been turned down for the tourist visa should have no effect.

What he said, I would add to tell them to make sure they can provide plenty of evidence of relationship. Then should be no problem.