Hello from Bacsidoc

Well I've been livingincebu for about 14 months now so I might as well say hello!  I chose Bacsidoc because I was a combat medic in Vietnam in 1969-70 and that is what they called me.  "Bacsi" was Vietnamese for doctor and I never told them I'd only had ten weeks of medical training!  I guess the two things I like best about Cebu is the fabulous music from my youth and some of the really great street food.  I have just used common sense about where I eat and have not had any problems yet with that.  I was a military brat as a kid and so I lived at every Naval air station on the east coast.  When to high school and college in Reno before the Army and then after the war hid out in the mountains of North Idaho for nearly 40 years before coming here.

SkyMan

Welcome and thanks for explaining your name.  I would have guessed you were a proctologist.  :)

And thanks for your service.  Lot of vets on here. 

shadow

Well I've been livingincebu for about 14 months now so I might as well say hello!  I chose Bacsidoc because I was a combat medic in Vietnam in 1969-70 and that is what they called me.  "Bacsi" was Vietnamese for doctor and I never told them I'd only had ten weeks of medical training!  I guess the two things I like best about Cebu is the fabulous music from my youth and some of the really great street food.  I have just used common sense about where I eat and have not had any problems yet with that.  I was a military brat as a kid and so I lived at every Naval air station on the east coast.  When to high school and college in Reno before the Army and then after the war hid out in the mountains of North Idaho for nearly 40 years before coming here.

Well, after 40 years in northern Idaho, you should fit right in here!

:)

Welcome

Headshot

Welcome Doc. Glad to see you decided to join.