The real use for the *&^%$#@ keys on the keyboard

Terrance

The real meaning and use for the *&^%$#@ keys!

Today, after only 60 plus years on this planet, I finally found out the real use for the *&^%$#@ keys on the keyboard.  It is simple:  they exist to help us stay out of trouble.  Let me illustrate what I mean by using an example that many readers can probably relate to. Today, I had the distinct privilege of visiting the *&^%$#@ BOI office in our fair metro area. Did you see how those keys helped me right there?  Instead of saying what I really meant to say, the *&^%$#@ keys prevented me from getting into trouble by telling you what I really thought of that particular office.  So, instead of you thinking that I think that office is run by a bunch of  *&^%$#@#$% and *&^% @#$#, incompetents, you can revel in ignorance of my true feelings by thinking that I think that the office is run by a fully professional and well informed staff that is only interested in top notch customer service delivered in a professional and friendly manner.  See how it works?  Now,  lest you think that I am the teeniest bit pissed off as I write this, rest assured, that I am cool calm and collected, fully in control of my rational and logical mind, and not the least bit angry at the display of absolute *&^%$#@ and @#$%^&* stupidity that I just lived through this very day in that exemplary governmental office.

In late June I submitted all “required” paperwork for the 13A visa. I put “required” in quotes because that is the point of interest here.  The nice lady at the window accepted all the paperwork and scheduled my appointment for 3 days later, at which the *&^%$#@, *&&^ accepted all the paperwork, then said to me, and I remember what @#$ (Hey, these keys can also be used to hide gender too. They are amazing!) said verbatim, “Get an NBI clearance in case they ask for it.”  I politely pointed out that the printed instructions that I was given a few days before by the office downstairs (the nice lady behind the window) specifically exclude the NBI clearance if the application is filed within 6 months of your arrival date.  That observation went over like a lead balloon and the testy nature of the interview became even testier. Nevertheless, the interview was finished and I was instructed verbally, and on a slip of paper stapled to a photocopy of my application, to check the website or call such-and-such number after 1 to 2 months to check on the status of the application.

Being inclined to follow orders from officialdom and to ingratiate myself into the good graces of people who have power over me (I have failed miserably in the latter),  one month post-interview, I started checking the website and calling the number once a week.  Ever time I have called (9 times now for 9 weeks) I have been told, “Sorry Sir. The paperwork is still in Manila.”  “Well, that is OK”, I thought. At least it is in processing. You may have read an earlier post of mine regarding the absence of my name from the website, so I took some good advice that was offered in the responses. I went to the *&^%$#@ BOI 2 weeks ago to ask personally about my application.  I was politely told, “Sorry Sir. The paperwork is still in Manila.”, so I continued to wait. 

Today, I took my NBI clearance (which I obtained within 4 weeks of the original interview so I could have delivered it to the *&^%$#@ BOI after the first month) and I went to the office to check again on my application. I wanted 2 hours for the appointments to finish before I got it to see &^^% @#$%^&. I thought the first interview with *&^ was testy. Quite frankly, that first interview was just a warm-up.  First, I explained why I was there (3 month wait, no name on the website, no result from weekly calling) then I offered *&^ the NBI form that *&^ had told me to get “… in case they ask for it.”  Upon seeing that NBI clearance form, *&^ informed me that my application paperwork has not yet been endorsed and sent to Manila because the application was incomplete. *&^ told me that she had done me a favor by accepting my paperwork 3 months previously because it was incomplete. *&^ took the NBI clearance form and told me to wait outside, which I did. About an hour later I was summoned back into the interrogation room, and while *&^ was holding my original paperwork in her had, she asked me if my name had appeared on the website. I was dumbfounded by that question. I just answered “no”. *&^ then took my cell phone number and that was the end of the encounter. I was so *&^%$#@ angry that I did not say a word. I just left.  Maybe *&^ will call or text me, or maybe *&^ won’t.  I defer to Rhett Butler at the end of “Gone With the Wind” to sum up feelings on the whole issue.  

mrsdonnelly

Hi Terrance,

I feel your pain.  It's just the $h!"£y way they do things over here.  I have to 2 incidents to share: 1 involving the Register of Deeds and the other is CITOM.  My husband bought a 2nd hand car which is currently encumbered.  I had to go to RD in Lapu-lapu because I was told by the Register of Deeds in Cebu City that they don't deal with it as it is under Lapu-lapu's jurisdiction.  So, off we went to Lapu-lapu last week to start processing it.  I was told by the clerk to come back Wednesday the following week.  Anyway, I went there yesterday to pick it up.  First...   My husband drove from Cebu City to Lapu-lapu City Hall only to find out that the papers are not ready.  I was told that there is one missing signature....blah-blah-blah....no apologies whatsoever.  I was so f**%"!g angry but had to compose myself.  What a wasted journey and they don't give a damn about it.  

The other letdown was involving CITOM....my husband had an accident...we all went to the traffic investigator at the CITOM office.  After some time... we were told to pay P350 for police report to use for the insurance and any other disputes with the other party....so we paid him the money and guess what?! We went to the CITOM office to pick up the police report the following day and was told that he hasn't prepared it yet.  I'm so annoyed and frustrated.  Dealing with government agencies is like !"£$%^&&*(+)- :banghead: .

smokey

Hi Terrance,

I feel your pain.  It's just the $h!"£y way they do things over here.  I have to 2 incidents to share: 1 involving the Register of Deeds and the other is CITOM.  My husband bought a 2nd hand car which is currently encumbered.  I had to go to RD in Lapu-lapu because I was told by the Register of Deeds in Cebu City that they don't deal with it as it is under Lapu-lapu's jurisdiction.  So, off we went to Lapu-lapu last week to start processing it.  I was told by the clerk to come back Wednesday the following week.  Anyway, I went there yesterday to pick it up.  First...   My husband drove from Cebu City to Lapu-lapu City Hall only to find out that the papers are not ready.  I was told that there is one missing signature....blah-blah-blah....no apologies whatsoever.  I was so f**%"!g angry but had to compose myself.  What a wasted journey and they don't give a damn about it.  

The other letdown was involving CITOM....my husband had an accident...we all went to the traffic investigator at the CITOM office.  After some time... we were told to pay P350 for police report to use for the insurance and any other disputes with the other party....so we paid him the money and guess what?! We went to the CITOM office to pick up the police report the following day and was told that he hasn't prepared it yet.  I'm so annoyed and frustrated.  Dealing with government agencies is like !"£$%^&&*(+)- :banghead: .

use a fixer your live longer with all the stress you no longer have 

tobster

Its more @#$%^& in the Philippines.........and only getting @#$%^&* better each day.....