Why would anyone want to live in Cebu after reading this forum?

and the mods loved to kiss his a**.

The staff are closer to revolting here, than kissing my ass. Gosh, I need to find out his secret. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomaw

• smokey

• SomeRandomGuy

• msmith524

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would.   I noticed much more than the girls.   Maybe because I never came to the Philippines to find a girl and did not know about the bikini bars etc before my first trip. I just came for a hol

In my mind, I think more people DO end up visiting the Philippines due to the information offered on this forum. I feel this, because they don't get smoke blown up their asses when they come to this f

The forums members tell the good, the bad and the ugly of living in the Philippines so if anyone who has not been to the Philippines reads the bad stuff and knows that they do not have the temperament

Posted Images

Davaoeno

The staff are closer to revolting here, than kissing my ass. Gosh, I need to find out his secret. 

ah, now I understand - i asked one of the mods why they didnt kiss Paul's ass on linc and he said something about " revolting"  

• Like 1

Once you leave the big US cities... living can be cheap. I live in Florida near the beach and waterway for less than I spent in the phils... and have a much better house/lifestyle without all the phils hassles. Of course mileage may vary and this is just my story...

..... I just talked to my wife's sister who now lives in Newport Richey near Tampa Florida. She's been there about three weeks now since moving from Cebu on a Spousal Visa. According to her food from the supermarket there is about double the price of what it is in Cebu. She also said she can't find fresh seafood which I find hard to believe in a state surrounded by ocean. By ''fresh'' she might mean live seafood. Edited by tomaw

.... I think without spending too much money you can get a staff of Filipinas to do that for you! LOL !!!
SomeRandomGuy

Have you considered visiting or living in a MORE-developed nation?  Maybe a happy medium between the Phils and your own country?  Taiwan or Malaysia?  You're a younger guy so there's really no need for you to subject yourself to all the BS here just to have some sweet, young cutie in your bed.  You could probably manage that in any country.

yeah u are right.. I didn't care about girls still don't.

I do care about the girl I am with but that is me being all oa and all that.

I have spent a great deal of time in malaysia and it is a potential place in the future. RIght now I have the old travel bug calling me and since I retired at an early age I thought I would do it now while I am still unmarried with non dependants.

I came here sort of by accident and I am just waiting until after christmas to leave.

Very soon I will be putting some pics up for my furniture I have here in dumaguete to sell. I will be wanting to sell it all as one lot and it is everything someone moving or living here for awhile needs for his or her house.

I do plan on living in a slightly more developed nation but alas for now.. i need to roam.  But I have came to the same conclusion as yourself and I have to thank you for your advice as it just reaffirms what I have been thinking this last year.

Anyone want to buy a houshold worth of shit  lol

I just talked to my wife's sister who now lives in Newport Richey near Tampa Florida. She's been there about three weeks now since moving from Cebu on a Spousal Visa. According to her food from the supermarket there is about double the price of what it is in Cebu. She also said she can't find fresh seafood which I find hard to believe in a state surrounded by ocean. By ''fresh'' she might mean live seafood.

It's a TOWN surrounded by ocean. Google seafood and New Port Richey- appears to be plenty- or go down to the docks and buy from the fishermen. Lots of Filipino and Asian stuff too. Can't imagine prices are high there- median home value is $75k! (Hmmm. Lots of seafood, cheap houses, tropical weather ...)

.... I think without spending too much money you can get a staff of Filipinas to do that for you! LOL !!!

Or, I could just hire you as staff. Looks like you knew how to do it pretty well, in a previous post:

....... James, your posts as compared to a lot of other posts on this forum is like a rose popping out of a pile of manure. I wish everybody had your attitude and ingenuity. Good luck with all your projects particularly the lobster farm idea. How's that coming along?

:kissass:  :kissass: 

:D :D :D

It's a TOWN surrounded by ocean. Google seafood and New Port Richey- appears to be plenty- or go down to the docks and buy from the fishermen. Lots of Filipino and Asian stuff too. Can't imagine prices are high there- median home value is $75k! (Hmmm. Lots of seafood, cheap houses, tropical weather ...)

$75k for a median house in Florida???!!! If you are right we may be moving soon! I agree with you on the seafood. I don't think she spent much time looking. Not sure what she's talking about when she says everything else is double the price of Cebu's prices. Ideally I would like to have a house in both Cebu and the US. spending six months in each. While in the U.S. I'd like to spend time working in my previous profession as a realtor. If I can sell just one house a year that will take care of our plane tickets going back and forth. I'd also have social security to live on. I also want the Cebu house to be completely built and paid for before even thinking of moving there. Thanks for the info on the price of houses in Newport Richey Florida! We were thinking of Las Vegas but with Florida being that cheap we may just make it one of our new homes! Edited by tomaw
Headshot

Not sure what she's talking about when she says everything else is double the price of Cebu's prices.

Maybe she is converting pennies straight across to pesos. It happens quite a lot here by people who don't understand conversion...and sometimes by people who do understand.

BossHog

Maybe she is converting pennies straight across to pesos. It happens quite a lot here by people who don't understand conversion...and sometimes by people who do understand.

This is utter non-sense Headshot!!

And very true...and much more common than one might suppose.

.... I'll ask her to be more specific on some items and figure it out myself when I get home. I'm only on my cell phone at the moment because I'm currently at work, but when I get home I'll use the computer and use realtor.com to find out prices of homes in New Port Richey. Thanks again for the info. Edited by tomaw
ellenbrook2001

that simple what do you want in life if you have to much money then move in the paradise if not weight your option no one place perfect ,sure here they work with what they have we are only in a third country so no choice go with the flow one day lucky another day not so lucky a do not believed to get drunk, it wont solved the problem cause when you wake up in the morning your problem still here?but if you live here with a philippina women or make you very happy or give you what ever you have dream of it ,happy love life keep you younger, everyone have a choice but getting older we do not need much too be happy ,health then someone love you for real be there when needed that all in my opinion

• Like 1
Jim Sibbick

Based on some of the posts here, we will soon be renaming the United States of America the Utopian States of America

• Like 1
msmith524

Like the story of a woman that walks up to a well known author on a street corner and asks him-I am thinking of moving here,do you think I will like it-the author says to the woman-how was it where you came from-she replies-it was horrible with nasty mean people.the author says-you will find the same is true of here.On another day a man runs into the same author and says-I am thinking of moving here-how is it and how are the people-(You guessed it)-the author asks the man how was it where you came from-the man replied-I loved it and the people were wonderful-the author then said-you will find the same is true here.

I have spent many years in the Pinas and have encountered many of the experiences that some members find to be unbearable but yet they stay.All too many are so shallow that they brought who they were in there home country(of course) with them here and can't shake off the kano crap they carry.Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change.Why would anyone expect the Pinas to be Mayberry,NC or Bumfuk, New York ?A lot of the old farts spend there days in the Phil at the Malls trying to figure out why that older guy is with a pretty young filippina and having a great life living his own life fully while the other old fart is miserable with the filippina he is with,probably because he is an old stale fart wanting to rain on others parade.You'll see them everywhere-when you see them-Smile and walk fast.

That's easy to figure out, the guy with the pretty Filipina, she has his wallet in her handbag.

msmith524

..... I just talked to my wife's sister who now lives in Newport Richey near Tampa Florida. She's been there about three weeks now since moving from Cebu on a Spousal Visa. According to her food from the supermarket there is about double the price of what it is in Cebu. She also said she can't find fresh seafood which I find hard to believe in a state surrounded by ocean. By ''fresh'' she might mean live seafood.

Tampa is a BIG expensive City, so is any place CLOSE to TAMPA, Apples and Oranges. I lived in a SW City of about a million.

Food is about 20% cheaper than Cebu and the quality is MUCH better and the selection is MUCH better. Stores compete on sales and you get sales fliers weekly in your mailbox. Several things I had to give up completely, including berries whereas I could eat those DAILY in the USA. She is shopping at the wrong supermarket and living in the wrong city.