Why would anyone want to live in Cebu after reading this forum?

rainymike

For me, it's mostly because the decision to live in the Philippines had nothing to do with this forum or any other. That's a decision I made due to the luck of having to visit Asia as part of my job. I would not have made that major decision based on the opinions of other bozos. Boots on the ground for me.

But once I decided to live here, I found this and other forums useful. When I have a factual question, the answers are usually on the mark and doesn't take a million off the wall posts. The forum members are a good resource and there are some very knowledgeable people here. (LOL ... I still remember asking where to find gasul and other dumb questions).

When I have an opinion question, the answers are useful as well. LOL ... the answers are usually all over the damn place - but as an adult I know how to make a decision based on many different points of view. I don't see people's responses as rose colored or not. They are probably all valid for each of their individual perspectives, needs, and wants. Sometimes I will also throw my opinion in when there's an interesting question. It's just another opinion among many.

But, my best daily living decisions usually come when I evaluate the full range of possibilities. 

• Like 5
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomaw

• smokey

• SomeRandomGuy

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would.   I noticed much more than the girls.   Maybe because I never came to the Philippines to find a girl and did not know about the bikini bars etc before my first trip. I just came for a hol

In my mind, I think more people DO end up visiting the Philippines due to the information offered on this forum. I feel this, because they don't get smoke blown up their asses when they come to this f

The forums members tell the good, the bad and the ugly of living in the Philippines so if anyone who has not been to the Philippines reads the bad stuff and knows that they do not have the temperament

Posted Images

smokey

Haven't gotten there yet. Have to wait till my MeManson sells.

Have 2 options.

Stay in US and live modestly with only female companion choices being wrinkly old ladies who want to eat at 4 and go to bed at 7 ( to sleep).

OR, come there where I'm learning I can live rather more than modestly with someone at least a generation behind me.

I've no illusions about what my initial desirability will be. Not looking for true love, affection and respect will be more than enough.

sure would be a lot nicer if foreigners could also own land and not just the wife makes picking the right one a do or die deal 

• Like 4
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

sure would be a lot nicer if foreigners could also own land and not just the wife makes picking the right one a do or die deal 

Well said, but that's pretty much true whenever you choose someone to not only share you life but your finances. 

SomeRandomGuy

I have a habit of using this forum to rant a lil when I have had a bad day... my bad.

After many many months of having many bad days in a row me and the mrs had a lovely day yesterday and everyone we had ran into was lovely and it was really a nice change so maybe my bad karma is picking up. ( thinking on it I have had a house guest staying with me for quiet some time and I am starting to wonder if his negative energy was in turn being rubbed off onto us)

As to why anyone would want to live in the philippines..... first I came here as a base to tour around asia... then I stayed here as I met a woman.... then I don't know what happened as I am still here.

SInce the majority of filipino's would do anything they can to leave this country, sometimes I do wonder why we are all here... I mean unless u own a business here and have family here there are a lot of amazing places to live in the world.

Same some women  right?    I have never found it a problem to find a woman in asia... or anywhere else for that matter though I do admit quality versus quantity is something that does differ from continent to continent.

I also admit I have been quiet negative somewhat lately on these forums as I have just had a string of bad shit happen to me and poor attitude's and quiet possible ( gulp) maybe some of that poor attitude is actually my own.

You will always have good days and bad days here... sometimes a lot more of one then the other but food is amazing here ( fresh market food) people in general are quiet friendly ( wether or not that is to your face or not I am still not certain) and out in the provinces life is a much better quality...

IN saying that if i was an elderly person and had medical needs.... well this would be last on my list for countries to live in.... visit yes... live in no.

I have been misdiagnosed with tonsillitis here when I actually had dangue fever. Almost died... that was the first month i was in this country so I am somewhat negative to medical knowledge here... so forgive me those of u that have had great experience's here... just speaking from my own

• Like 2
liquido

It's da girlz, st-p-d! They make everything worthwhile!

Call me narrow minded but thats the only reason why im here...

• Like 2
SomeRandomGuy

5 years ago; hell even 3 years ago, Cebu was alright.... now it is polluted, more over populated then ever and the infrastructure is even less then what it was when i came here.

Gangs and shabu are running rampant, crime is getting out of control and people are less and less responsible for their actions.... and when things go bad lets just blame the foreigners after all its their fault.

Seeing kids begging on the street breaks my heart... I can not stand the cities here.

HeyMike

5 years ago; hell even 3 years ago, Cebu was alright.... now it is polluted, more over populated then ever and the infrastructure is even less then what it was when i came here.

Gangs and shabu are running rampant, crime is getting out of control and people are less and less responsible for their actions.... and when things go bad lets just blame the foreigners after all its their fault.

Seeing kids begging on the street breaks my heart... I can not stand the cities here.

You talking about Cebu City or New Jersey? But seriously, I could not live in the City. I'm a Green Acres sort of guy. I drive my jeep donning a suit and tie; instead of washing the dishes, my wife just throws them out the window. I like the countryside.

Edited by HeyMike
  • Like 1

Call me narrow minded but thats the only reason why im here...

Can you imagine Philippines/Cebu without the girls? Who would wanna live there? I am sure 99 percent of us would be gone the next day.

The girls make the place.

• Like 5
liquido

Can you imagine Philippines/Cebu without the girls? Who would wanna live there? I am sure 99 percent of us would be gone the next day.

The girls make the place.

AMEN

smokey

Well said, but that's pretty much true whenever you choose someone to not only share you life but your finances. 

but in the west its 50/50   here its 100/ the highway 

well you ;could move to Detroit houses are cheaper..

Jim Sibbick

Greetings! I am tired, worn out,  and trying to get drunk. ( without much success) The pain will not go away.

HOW can any sane person after reading the post on this forum EVER consider coming her to "Live long and Prosper: ? ( HOT D-M the spell check works!)

U can not bank here, buy anything U need, get medical care, educate your kids, own land, vote, have trash pick up, find toilet paper, be the only one sleeping with your wife, have a car that fits U, sit down in a CLEAN, COOL ,bar and have a drink without being drugged, poisoned by bad food, use the CR without providing your own TP.

If U go to the hospital, they will miss diagnose your condition, over charge U, do test till your money is used up, THEN send U to the public hospital, (and they cure U for free!), and no body really wants U here unless U are paying them for the air U breath? (W how! working spell check)

And please DO NOT FORGET to NOT sit under coconut trees!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the solution for you!

Stop reading!

• Like 2
smokey

oh the old heart yesterday i was on my way home from SM hit a long stop light and the skinny girl with the borrowed baby comes knocking on my window ... i know its not her baby so i just was not in the mood to be stupid and said no thank you ... keep knocking knocking louder louder then leaned into my car and turned around and left 10  min later i am home and what do you know a nice sized scratch down to the metal on the passenger door where she was... ohhhh what a heaven 

• Like 1

HOW can any sane person after reading the post on this forum EVER consider coming her to "Live long and Prosper: ? ( HOT D-M the spell check works!)

Spell checker may work but not the grammar/sense checker: shouldn't it be "coming here?"

Seriously though - please forgive my little dig - your sardonic post highlights the false impression given by many posts on this forum.  Yes, most of these horror stories are true.  Yes, we all get badly frustrated.  Yes, we can often see an obvious better way of doing things.  Yes, we complain but I believe most of the time the complaints are in attempt to make things better, they are not simply condemnations.

I hope and trust that people who have the influence to change things do read this forum. 

• Like 1
For Real

Cebu experiences are tenfold better after a dose adjustment (like a maximum of 14 days) longer than this get on a boat, a plane or get out of the city limits.

SomeRandomGuy

well you ;could move to Detroit houses are cheaper..

why on earth would I move to another country that is not my own bro?

oh the old heart yesterday i was on my way home from SM hit a long stop light and the skinny girl with the borrowed baby comes knocking on my window ... i know its not her baby so i just was not in the mood to be stupid and said no thank you ... keep knocking knocking louder louder then leaned into my car and turned around and left 10  min later i am home and what do you know a nice sized scratch down to the metal on the passenger door where she was... ohhhh what a heaven 

yet another reason I moved out of the city... the syndicate's begging all the time.... sirrrrr sirrrrr   give me money sirrrr.

I can only handle a few days in the city before i get all depressed and want to leave the philippines... when I come back to the province within a couple of days I am ok again.