Why would anyone want to live in Cebu after reading this forum?

ed villas

oh the old heart yesterday i was on my way home from SM hit a long stop light and the skinny girl with the borrowed baby comes knocking on my window ...

i know its not her baby so i just was not in the mood to be stupid and said no thank you ...

pepper spray does mych wonders to these people. tho i dont have a car

works on jeeps and taxis,

the reaction of these "outstanding" ppl , well let me say, its "just amazing" 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tomaw

• smokey

• SomeRandomGuy

• msmith524

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would.   I noticed much more than the girls.   Maybe because I never came to the Philippines to find a girl and did not know about the bikini bars etc before my first trip. I just came for a hol

In my mind, I think more people DO end up visiting the Philippines due to the information offered on this forum. I feel this, because they don't get smoke blown up their asses when they come to this f

The forums members tell the good, the bad and the ugly of living in the Philippines so if anyone who has not been to the Philippines reads the bad stuff and knows that they do not have the temperament

Posted Images

Well, I see I should not have started this post!

So, did you get an answer to your question?

D'oh. Your subject line:

"Why would anyone want to live in Cebu after reading this forum?"

That was in reply to your stating you wish you hadn't started this thread. :P

:D

I would say living in the best area of NCR would be much better than living in Cebu in terms of environment (no dust, no exhaust fumes, better air), food (more imported varieties available), restaurants (more ’s, perhaps), better shopping opportunities (Vuitton anyone? ;)), better roads, better infrastructure, all depends on where you live...

I have been “living” in Cebu 4 days/3 nights every month for the last 4 years and objectively comparing these 2 cities, it is my considered opinion that the best area of NCR is better than the best area of Cebu… :D

I have never lived in any other part of the Philippines so I cannot comment but I would say "home is where your heart is..." Having visited most of the Philippines' "airport" cities, it's a beautiful country out there...

I once joined this site to get up to date on what is going on in Cebu as a preparation for a move there.

Before, going on I would like to mention I have lived in both Manila and Cebu, 2 years in Ortigas and 1,5 year in Cebu. Though it was 10+ years ago.

After beeing a member here for  2 years I have started to turn away from Cebu, I would now only look for south of Manila or Subic/Olongapo area. Perhaps upnorth Luzon.

Therefor, I thank you for your post!

Edited by Kim_

What makes no sense at all, is a lot of the guys that complain constantly about living in Cebu, have lived there for years. If they really don't like the place why the hell are they still there!?

Edited by tomaw
BossHog

What makes no sense at all, is a lot of the guys that complain constantly about living in Cebu, have lived there for years. If they really don't like the place why the hell are they still there!?

I can't understand the Americans who bitch incessantly about their country, its president, and society and it never occurs to them to simply leave.

• Like 1

You have a point there ...or not..... depending on how your statement should be analised..... myself think the best information comes from the  people living there..... but ofcourse they might have the coloured glasses on......

I can't understand the Americans who bitch incessantly about their country, its president, and society and it never occurs to them to simply leave.

.... I agree with you up to a point. It's harder to leave a place where you have lived all your life and have roots such as job, family etc. If a guy stays in The Philippines because he has a Philippine family that he can't get out right away such as USMC's case I fully understand. Other than that I just don't get their constant complaints and doing nothing about moving back to their own country.
InternetTough

It might be because they are afraid that if they leave, they will continue to bitch about the USA and people around them will grow increasingly uneasy.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

All is now cool in my world.  Once the deer in the headlight to fix the typographical error was corrected it only took 6 months for all documents to be completed (passports children and wife and visas and get to the USA).  Not to bad.  Just the first thing took 2+ years to correct.  It shows if everything is correct the process goes so smooth.  However put one fly in the ointment the Philippines has zero clue, more its your problem and no one knows how to problem solve.   

Edited by USMC-Retired
miles-high

After beeing a member here for 2 years I have started to turn away from Cebu, I would now only look for south of Manila or Subic/Olongapo area. Perhaps upnorth Luzon. Therefor, I thank you for your post!

You may wish to review some of the points raised in the following post:

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/65761-where-is-the-safest-place-to-live-in-the-philippines/

:)

Headshot

You may wish to review some of the points raised in the following post:

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/65761-where-is-the-safest-place-to-live-in-the-philippines/

:)

Manila definitely has its own risks. In addition to being a storm and flooding magnet, it has major fault lines and low-lying areas susceptible to tsunamis and storm surges, but geologists also believe it is surrounded by five super volcanoes. The one that everyone thinks of is under Lake Taal, but there is also one under Manila Bay and three under the Laguna area. Subic Bay area was heavily impacted by the Mount Pinatubo eruption as was the Angeles City area. No place in the Philippines is totally without risk from natural disasters.

Even with that, though, there is no place in the world I would rather live right now. The Philippines suits me (of course, I live on Cebu, where the risks are much less than those in the Manila area).

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2