Converting from Balikbayan stamp to ACR card

I will be entering the country on the Balikbayan stamp (not a visa) with my wife and kids soon. How do I go about applying for the ACR or SRRV card.

What requirements do I need ?

I just don't really want to haul my kids out of the country every year to enter again for another stamp.

Jonny

SkyMan

If your kids are also your wife's kids then they can just get citizenship and a passport.  You can get a 13A visa but your BB stamp is good for a year so no need to do anything right away.  If you have a relative you can leave your kids with just take your wife out of the country for a day each year.  If you decide to go with a 13A you might consider doing that now at a RP embassy if there's one not too far from you.

• Like 1

Yes,..the kids are mines and my wife's,.... and the Phil embassy is away down in London,..too far to go for me at this late stage.

Thanks for reply,

(moving to not far from yourself in Liloan )

Jonny

Terrance

Keep in mind that the SRRV will tie-up a large amount of money in a low interest rate bank account.  If you have patience , you can apply for a 13A visa. If you do that here, you should prepare your police report, with apostille and authentication, before you leave your homeland. I say patience because I have been waiting for 3 months for my 13A visa, and am still waiting. 

• Like 1

I will be entering the country on the Balikbayan stamp (not a visa) with my wife and kids soon. How do I go about applying for the ACR or SRRV card.

What requirements do I need ?

I just don't really want to haul my kids out of the country every year to enter again for another stamp.

Jonny

A friend of mine is now going through the process of getting an SRRV but I suspect and have been told the 13a is basically the same requirements nowadays and the 13a is supposed to be better to apply for and get before leaving your home country. Below is a reply he got recently as to what he needed.

the police clearance and the proof of pension are the only documents that

you really need to secure from the US (in others case from your own country). Just make

sure that they have been authenticated by the Philippine Embassy there (meaning in your country).

Are the 2 documents authenticated already? It should

have the red ribbon from the Philippine Consul if it has been authenticated

already.

You also will need 13pcs. 2x2 ID picture with white background but you can 

get it here for less than P200.00.

You will also need to get you your medical certificate but you can also get

it here quickly for P600.00.

• Like 1