the weather ...

smokey

in arizona where i was till last week its over 100 degrees and sometimes it was 115 hot as heck and i keep the air on to a very cool 82 and did well ... here its 87 and i sweat like a drunk sailor ... i know its the humid air... or moist air... has anyone picked up a DE humidfier and if so did it work seems you could save on not using the air con so much if you could get the water out of the room... anyone use one and if so where and how much was it...

also not the weather is wrecking my white pastie look and making me just slightly less gwapo 

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1

115 isn't hot if it's dry. Just use an electric fan if its 87 you need a floor stander to move the air around. Those ceiling ones are useless. Open all the windows and change the air. It's probably more humid inside than out.

anyone know where to buy a dehumidifier in cebu... appliance store or ????

BossHog

Not just for personal comfort, either.

I'd imagine a dehumidier would extend the life of your electronics, leather shoes, etc.

Sounds like a good idea.

Half Baked

We had a portable aircon shipped with our furniture. It worked great back in the states, haven't used it here... having window units. It has a dehumidifying setting that sucks the water out of the air pretty darn good. I would have to dump at least a gallon or two per hour back in Houston, TX.

Not sure how attached the wife is to it.

It would take a pretty heavy converter, though. I plugged it in to see if it still worked when it got here and blew the fuse in the converter that I was using.

Its about as big as a large suitcase when standing up. if not a little bigger. If I remember right, its for about a 600 sq ft space.