Air conditioning deals

Looks like we might have a tenant for our house in Cordova Mactan , they are asking for air cons to be fitted in the bedrooms and the living area, so we would need 4 box type and one split system. Does anyone know of any good deals going at the moment or can recommend somewhere that might be able to give us a competitive price ? 

Cheers .... 

Skywalker

Can I suggest that you get the potential tenant into a contract situation, and get a fat deposit, unless you are prepared to take the risk that you do the installation, and then they back out.

You are talking about a substantial investment, and since you really don't want to do this too often, I would also suggest you go for a good robust, well made system that will last a few years.

• Like 4

If you are in the philippines now, I would say, look around at malls, for what you want and the prices

then I would go to Echo Appliance Center at Magallanes St,  center cross on this map.

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=10.294198&lon=123.900619&z=19&m=h&v=9

I have had some great deals there when paying cash, do not accept the first cash price they give you.

First ask for price of one unit, and go from there.

Once I had the sales guy go ask the manager 3 times  he he

Next day I went back and told the sales guy that the aircon was not working

huuuh  you should have seen the face of the sales guy,

well I told him hmm  I did not plug it in yet,  the other sales guys were laughing :D:yahoo:

Split unit type I do not know, anyway it will need to be installed, hard to do yourself

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1
Davaoeno

I dont know your circs but many places here when you rent them do NOT have air cons and its up to the tenant to install them  [ which of course is a concept not known to most of us in the west ], so if you are going to install them for a tenant make sure that you price your rent appropriately

put in the contract who will be responsible for cleaning them - and how often [ usually 300 pesos per unit, and at least 2x a year ]

unlike in the west usually here if anything breaks its on the tenant to fix it

i agree with William about getting a substantial down payment before spending all that cash - just ask Smokey about tenants walking away with no notice after spending money to get them everything they wanted in the rental place

• Like 1

From another point of view, i'd say that maybe he could pay for the aircons + pay a rental deposit (2 months rent) and then deduct it from the rent? Just an idea. 

or else just tell him to buy his own, i'd say. Since he most likely wants to pay for a 2 months deposit anyway. 

If that's not what you want, then it might be better for you to just purchase and install the aircons yourself, with or without an adjustment of the rent, or else, find a different tenant who doesn't need aircon (or who might bring his own?!). 

Cheers!

Edited by ThomsonJr

Good luck with this one! Have the future tenants promised a return on your investment by advance payment? Yeah, I thought not.

Thanks for the advice so far, at the moment we are going to offer them two air cons at the rent he is offering, 30k for a one year lease or the five for 35k with the one year lease. We will install the first two after he pays the bond and the other three during the first month after they have moved in. We are in Australia at the moment so my wife brother is looking after things for us there, will send him of to the Echo Appliance Center and get some initial pricing. 

Cheers..

Good luck with this one! Have the future tenants promised a return on your investment by advance payment? Yeah, I thought not.

I don't look at having a house in the Philippines as an investment at all, it is a place for my wife and kids to live if something happens to me. We are looking at refinancing it with the BPI so the payments will be around 30k so the rent will cover it in case times get tough here in Australia. My wife will return to work next year after our son turns one and we can put him in day care for a few days a week and her pay can go towards making extra payments on the house. If we can get this house payed of I will sleep a lot better know my family will have a decent place to live. 

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I don't look at having a house in the Philippines as an investment at all,

you might want to change your attitude a bit if you want to survive here  imho

a lot more people here will try to take advantage of you than you are probably used to . Here you are seen as a fat cat and treated accordingly

you might want to change your attitude a bit if you want to survive here  imho

a lot more people here will try to take advantage of you than you are probably used to . Here you are seen as a fat cat and treated accordingly

i sure hope he don't get a hard lesson in landlord lives far away ... anything goes..   wasn't there a thread just a week about about a case for 5,000 peso that went to the highest court and took 8 years over a payment for a lap top ,, post dated checks 

Edited by smokey
stevensanph

I don't look at having a house in the Philippines as an investment at all, it is a place for my wife and kids to live if something happens to me. We are looking at refinancing it with the BPI so the payments will be around 30k so the rent will cover it in case times get tough here in Australia. My wife will return to work next year after our son turns one and we can put him in day care for a few days a week and her pay can go towards making extra payments on the house. If we can get this house payed of I will sleep a lot better know my family will have a decent place to live. 

Any loan you take out with BPI is almost certainly going to have a life insurance policy attached for the value of the loan should anything happen to you...

A_Simple_Man

I have rented (tenanted?) a few houses in Philippines and none of them have even had lighbulbs in them, let alone aircons or other appliances.  Perhaps it is tradition, or perhaps the more practical reason is that tenants will break or steal anything that is there?

Edited by A_Simple_Man

I meant the investment n the aircons. It would really suck to invest money for 4 or 5 units & have the tenant move out after 30 or 60 days.

• Like 1

I meant the investment n the aircons. It would really suck to invest money for 4 or 5 units & have the tenant move out after 30 or 60 days.

Yea, I know what you are saying, however we don't have tenants lined up willing to pay the 30K + we are looking for, every month that goes by we could have drought two or three air cons, so better to make an agreement with this tenant and if they move out after a month or two then that's the way it goes...,, We won't be spending anything on air cons untll we have a financial commitment.. I suppose we could drop the rent to 20k without air but not ready to go there just yet. 

• Like 1
ellenbrook2001

my advise go for CARRIER a have only CARRIER for years no problems window type then split system a only buy at SM  in the department appliances they have deal sometime but the price his already fixed foreigner or pinoy same price they do not has some shop have they calculator on then show a price then say sir today special  a laugh bullsh?????????then walk away.

• Like 1