I was an illegal alien in Cebu!

For three days because i forgot the date. So off to BOI and was very happy to undergo a completely normal 2 month renewal plus a 500 peso fine for overstaying. No hassle, no problem, no sweat!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Brucewayne

• hyaku

• tambok

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was three weeks late once, for a variety of reasons.  So I typed up a nice apology and explanation letter and took it into Tacloban, expecting the worst.  The Queen Bee called me into her office and

you shoulda hung out at the hardware store looking for day work

could you explain how it felt to be an illegal alien?  how did you lose those 3days? seems to be more than what is posted,  of course its LIVINING IN CEBU FORUM that makes it so great with topics li

could you explain how it felt to be an illegal alien?

how did you lose those 3days? seems to be more than what is posted,

of course its LIVINING IN CEBU FORUM that makes it so great with topics like this

• Like 2
bahalina buong

I was three weeks late once, for a variety of reasons.  So I typed up a nice apology and explanation letter and took it into Tacloban, expecting the worst.  The Queen Bee called me into her office and read the letter as I sat in front of her.  She looked up over her glasses, shook the letter, and said "We do not accept this apology."  Then she stamped my passport and told me to pay on the way out.  I wasn't even charged a late fee.  Wacky country!

btw, it's not "illegal alien".  the correct term is "undocumented ATM" :lol:

• Like 6
JamesMusslewhite

I went over when I came back from Maldives earlier this year I was stamped with the 21 day Tourist visa. I then sent my passport to the US Embassy to get additional pages added. By the time they sent it back to me I was 2 weeks overstay. I took the passport and the 21air package to the BI here in Surigao City. Paid a late fee and a two month extension. It was all rather painless and quite simple. 

• Like 1

could you explain how it felt to be an illegal alien?

how did you lose those 3days? seems to be more than what is posted,

Sorry to disapoint you Ed, but nothing to report of any interest.

The feeling was that of a normal alien going about his business.

As to the lost 3 days, got involved in work and forgot that the 24th relates to renewal. We had a meeting in the pm so was focusing more on that. To me it was just another day.

I have now set up a reminder in my phone (Note II)

• Like 1
udonthani

same thing happened to me and I overstayed inadvertently for 2 days except because it was just before New Year, the guy behind the counter said that because it was Christmas the government of the Philippines was going to let me off, and I wouldn't have to pay a fine. I thanked the government of the Philippines profusely for this. I even said that I knew a lot of people said some bad things about the government of the Philippines, but I always knew that despite what I'd heard, that the government of the Philippines had its good side.

• Like 2

For three days because i forgot the date. So off to BOI and was very happy to undergo a completely normal 2 month renewal plus a 500 peso fine for overstaying. No hassle, no problem, no sweat!!

yeah but it will be a different story for the guy I came across last week 2 YEARS overstayer .

Mine ran out on a Saturday on an unextendable visa. It was Monday before I could get it fixed. I feel really bad about it.

Brucewayne

yeah but it will be a different story for the guy I came across last week 2 YEARS overstayer .

That's nothing, I know a guy who overstayed for 19 years and only had tp pay P40,000 at P10,000 per month for 4 months.

He got a lecture, but no threats as he tells it.

• Like 1

That's nothing, I know a guy who overstayed for 19 years and only had tp pay P40,000 at P10,000 per month for 4 months.

He got a lecture, but no threats as he tells it.

he was a lucky guy then lol

19 Years overstay... Haha! So nobody checked his passport or did an ID control for 19 years? Lovely, that is.

With them only recently getting a database on computer I bet he wasn't even on record.
  • Admin (Retired)

• Like 3

Or sold balut at the highway exit ramps :)

Good thing this did not happen in the US or Europe or they would have done-----------------well nothing

• Like 2
Brucewayne

19 Years overstay... Haha! So nobody checked his passport or did an ID control for 19 years? Lovely, that is.

There was a documentary on local television a year or so ago and it was about Americans stranded in Manila for years.

They resorted to begging at, or near the U.S. Embassy and claimed since they were married and had children, they wouldn't consider going back to the states.

I would imagine there are a lot more undocumented aliens here than any of us could possibly imagine (this is assuming that the beggers can't afford to pay for a visa to stay here).