Sign in to follow this  
Panserhansen

Blood donors needed in Cebu(A+)

Panserhansen

A Norwegian friend of mine, named Oyvind Hovland, is in urgent need of blood donors(A+) for an operation at Perpectual Succour hospital(room 416), Cebu City.

Please contact his wife 09399247587. Please share. Thanks.

ed villas

have you contacted  the AAP. the local RAO

or since he is from norway . the association that handles their own country men,

one should always be aware of the DANGER of not having a source of "good " blood,

since many of the "outstanding "forum members here dont know about that,

ITS OUR RH FACTOR  that is critical

Half Baked

I'd be happy to donate, but unfortunately I'm under the weather right now. I don't believe they would take it from me right now. 

Cebudog

I'm A positive but I take blood thinners.

Guy60417

I'm A positive but I take blood thinners.

I'm in a similar situation -- I'm A+, but have been told that I should not give blood because I take a medication that can be harmful to pregnant or nursing women. I wonder if they would allow a donation from me if it is intended for a specific individual who is obviously not pregnant or nursing? 

Panserhansen

I'm in a similar situation -- I'm A+, but have been told that I should not give blood because I take a medication that can be harmful to pregnant or nursing women. I wonder if they would allow a donation from me if it is intended for a specific individual who is obviously not pregnant or nursing? 

Thanks. Some medicin may be ok while others not. If you and any others that are in doubt will contact the hospital, it would be great. We have two donors now and it seems they need at least 4 more before the operation.

Really greatful for any help., boys and girls. Please share on FB or other social media, so we get enough donors.

Paul

If anyone can assist, please do. While in the Philippines, I am an active blood donor. It only takes a few minutes of your time, truly, to help someone else. 

Four more donors, at least, are needed, to help Lars' friend. 

Panserhansen

Hi, an update - only two more are needed now. Appreciate any help. If you cannot give, sharing on Facebook  or other social media to Cebu friends will also be really helpful.

Panserhansen

OK final update - they have enough donors now and the operation is scheduled for tomorrow. Thanks a lot to everyone who shared or donated, and to Paul for allowing us to use the  forum!

:)

• Like 3