Lonestar tried to cheat me

billy

Just want to let anyone know that lonestar bar will cheat you if they can. I was there last night, first time in a long time. I had five toska vodkas and sprites. I signed for drink each time 95 pesos. When i asked to pay bill i added it up they then took receipts and charged me 150 pesos over total. I then said theres a mistake. They said there billing me 125 pesos per drink thats what the computer said. I explained my bills that i signed says 95 pesos they said no the computer says 125 each.well after disagreeing for five or so minutes with different girls saying i have to pay extra i said let me get the police, well another gorl comes over and says its ok just pay the 95 pesos each per drink like you signed. I told them i wont be back. Grahm wasn't around hes probably hiding from the police. I told them a whole bottle of toska vodka is only 120 pesos your charging 95 pesos per drink thats enough. Any way people should be aware that lone star possibly could try to cheat you. So add up your bill before paying if you decide to go there.....

• Like 1

Dude! Post your threads in the correct forums! Dang, this is becoming habit forming. I will move this one now.

Um, if I may ask, why would he be hiding from anyone, anywhere?

I really would hate for rumors to start on this forum, concerning a guy whom I have known for years, to be straight up concerning his business practices concerning customers. 

• Like 2

Dude! Post your threads in the correct forums! Dang, this is becoming habit forming. I will move this one now.

Um, if I may ask, why would he be hiding from anyone, anywhere?

I really would hate for rumors to start on this forum, concerning a guy whom I have known for years, to be straight up concerning his business practices concerning customers.

Well just my observation hes usually around and since p*ssycat got busted hes not

Just want to let anyone know that lonestar bar will cheat you if they can. I was there last night, first time in a long time. I had five toska vodkas and sprites. I signed for drink each time 95 pesos. When i asked to pay bill i added it up they then took receipts and charged me 150 pesos over total. I then said theres a mistake. They said there billing me 125 pesos per drink thats what the computer said. I explained my bills that i signed says 95 pesos they said no the computer says 125 each.well after disagreeing for five or so minutes with different girls saying i have to pay extra i said let me get the police, well another gorl comes over and says its ok just pay the 95 pesos each per drink like you signed. I told them i wont be back. Grahm wasn't around hes probably hiding from the police. I told them a whole bottle of toska vodka is only 120 pesos your charging 95 pesos per drink thats enough. Any way people should be aware that lone star possibly could try to cheat you. So add up your bill before paying if you decide to go there.....

Okay. Thread relocated, and read. Now, I have time to reply to this.

1. You have been a resident of Cebu for how many years, now? You are not a newbie. You know they are not in business to make charitable donations to customers. You pay for drinks in a bar, and usually, more in a bikini bar. Common knowledge. 

2. Self admittedly, you had not visited that bar in how long, exactly? You said a while. Can you be more specific? Years? Months? Prices do go up. Which brings me to point number 3.

3. Perhaps the cost of the drinks went up. Perhaps the girls were still writing down the old prices? They had just not become accustomed to the new costs which may have been updated in the computer?

-----

Lastly, regarding Graham. He could be out of the country on vacation, in country on vacation, sick at home, or who knows? Man, please do not make such statements if you are not 100% sure of their validity. 

• Like 2

As far as the price per drink i signed one price but were billed another thats cheating. Yes grahm could have been on vacation

Okay. Thread relocated, and read. Now, I have time to reply to this.

1. You have been a resident of Cebu for how many years, now? You are not a newbie. You know they are not in business to make charitable donations to customers. You pay for drinks in a bar, and usually, more in a bikini bar. Common knowledge. 

2. Self admittedly, you had not visited that bar in how long, exactly? You said a while. Can you be more specific? Years? Months? Prices do go up. Which brings me to point number 3.

3. Perhaps the cost of the drinks went up. Perhaps the girls were still writing down the old prices? They had just not become accustomed to the new costs which may have been updated in the computer?

Thats like buying a product signing for it then they tell you our deal that we both agreed on is null and void

-----

Lastly, regarding Graham. He could be out of the country on vacation, in country on vacation, sick at home, or who knows? Man, please do not make such statements if you are not 100% sure of their validity.

• Like 1

Well, at least they did sort it for you. Certainly a good reason for signing one's bills in a bar, any bar. 

I pretty much look at most of my bills nowadays, unless I am in a place I have a reasonable trust for. I still keep a mental note of the costs of drinks, food, etc., while there. If it is more than a buck (USD are used here) over or under what I feel it should be, I just browse the bill. Usually it is a simple mathematics error. However, I am quite sure one can get screwed over in a bar in Cebu City. Been there, done that, moved on.

Well Graeme picked a hell of a good time to drop out of site on a vacation! Considering what just happened at a bar that he manages.

Scruffydog

Well, at least they did sort it for you. Certainly a good reason for signing one's bills in a bar, any bar. 

I pretty much look at most of my bills nowadays, unless I am in a place I have a reasonable trust for. I still keep a mental note of the costs of drinks, food, etc., while there. If it is more than a buck (USD are used here) over or under what I feel it should be, I just browse the bill. Usually it is a simple mathematics error. However, I am quite sure one can get screwed over in a bar in Cebu City. Been there, done that, moved on.

I don't live there but when i visit, i just give my wife the money. She deals with the cab drivers,waiters store clerks etc. She watches like a hawk and is  not timid to call them out over a few pesos. I also think  it takes out the Kanno tax factor.

Of course if I lived there, which I hope to at some  point I am sure i would get more accustomed to  dealing with the locals.

Well Graeme picked a hell of a good time to drop out of site on a vacation! Considering what just happened at a bar that he manages.

Again. And, considering I don't know you from Adam, keep comments like that off my site. I hope I am clear about this. 

Until it can be proven, one way or another, it is still speculation. I take the word of a newspaper, about like I do an internet stalker.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2
JamesMusslewhite

I just hate seeing hard feelings develop over what is approximately $3.

• Like 1

Well, James, I can understand what you are saying. But, I can relate to the fact that it is the principle of the thing, too. When someone tried to rob me, quite a few years ago now, they had no idea how much, if any, money I had on me. They simply wanted whatever I may have. Besides, if it were true, a bar could make a killing over the course of one night, if they screwed every customer out of $3.00. 

I may be wrong, as billy has communicated with me via PM. However, it certainly could be a simple accounting error, considering the difference in the computer, and what was written on his bills. Hard to say, since we weren't there. 

Of course, I do know billy personally. I have never known him to just make shit up about a place he does business with. 

• Like 1

Excuse me what does 3.00 have to do with it? I signed for one price then they raised it at the end when i was paying. Thats cheating. By the way your maid just steals a little like 3.00 out of your pant pocket once in a while is that ok? Stealing or cheating no matter howvmuch is wrong.

• Like 6
Scruffydog

Like I said i don't know any of these folks but it did not seem like a great deal of money. If the waitress said the  computer said another amount I would ask them to show me and it is possible a mistake was made.

If they were trying to overcharge you to me it would not automatically implicate the owner.

Heck here in Mid-GA we have had several cases lately in which the waitress altered the bill.When the manager  found out they were arrested.

• Like 1

As far as the price per drink i signed one price but were billed another thats cheating. Yes grahm could have been on vacation

You go to that kind of bar you pay more anyway. If your that tight you could drink at home. If the boss isn't there I always ask the staff and they tell me where he is. When he is he usually offers to buy me one. Depends what time you go in. When you run a bar you cant drink every night. I'm not mentioning names on an open forum.

Edited by hyaku

When I lived in AC, I only went to bars when I had visitors, usually foreigners. 

I soon learned that some bars could be trusted to  add up a stack of bills and get the right answer.

In all the others, or if I was unsure, I paid for each round of crinks as it arrived (and got a receipt each time).

Much the safest way.

• Like 2