A Country of Mistresses, Paramours, and Bastards

Salty Dog

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I think you are so wrong and that you have no basis for several contentions you make. Since I don't want to argue I won't go through them but know that your opinion is not the only one.

Most of it, I don't have any feeling about one way or the other. :idontknow:  I think they should be able to get divorced, but all that stuff about family dynamics seems to be just ramblings of someone who likes to hear themselves speak . He/she doesn't sound like any Filipino I've ever met or even heard on TV.

Some people seem to agree, but it would be nice to hear a different view. Go for it, :thumbsup: you won't be starting an argument, at least not with me.

Of course my opinion is not the only one, nor will it ever be, no matter what the topic. :pardon: I have to say that in many areas I'm one of those people who: "if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem". We each have to pick our own battles. Feeling strongly enough on a topic or post to argue about it, is not usually a battle I choose to partake in. :surrender: I prefer to stick to humor as much as possible and leave the battles to those with a flair for it.  :fighting0029:   

• Like 1
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salty Dog

• KID

• tomaw

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is his right as it is for all members.  I don't think any of us would post something we disagree with unless to see if other have the same disagreement.

Believe it or not, this showed up on Flipboard a few months ago. I think it was written by a Filipino as it is written in the first person..    

One affect of the no divorce rule is that more couples are choosing to shack up together without the legal entanglements of marriage.  Rather than allow divorce, why not abolish marriage?  At least in

MattFromGA

Rather than allow divorce, why not abolish marriage?  At least in a legal sense

I agree completely.  The concept of marriage has been convoluted and twisted into something more than what it was supposed to be.  As with anything else big government gets involved with, marriage has become screwed up with thousands of laws and complex arrangements.  Marriage was a religious institution first, but now it is more of a form of government control than anything else.

By now it is time for the government to step away from the concept of marriage 100%.  The only thing they should have any involvement in at all is how to handle children.  When the government starts telling churches that gays getting married is no different than straights getting married it is time for them to step aside and worry about the $500 hammers they can't seem to buy enough of.

• Like 2

The only thing they should have any involvement in at all is how to handle children.

totally disagree--- The parents should be the one to determine how to raise their children----------not the government

When the government starts telling churches that gays getting married is no different than straights getting married it is time for them to step aside and worry about the $500 hammers they can't seem to buy enough of.

Agree 100%

Some people seem to agree, but it would be nice to hear a different view. Go for it, you won't be starting an argument, at least not with me.

Why does it have to be an ARGUMENT ??

Discussion and debate are a good thing--------- I have throughly enjoyed some of the discussions on this forum and some have even made me look at things from a different view point and a few have even made me change my mind totally about the subject being discussed

I have never understood why 2 people on opposite sides of the fence could not discuss an issue and have a beer afterwords instead of being enemies

I can only think of one poster I would not invite to my home for a beer and BBQ--------  and that's only because he threatened to beat me up if we ever meet over an abortion discussion :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1
MattFromGA

The parents should be the one to determine how to raise their children----------not the government

I actually agree with that statement, however that isn't really what I mean't directly.  I was referring to the time when one of the parents walks away from the children and helping to support them in some way.  I definitely think the current child support system is totally FUBAR but there is a need for something.  I don't believe in anarchy, but I don't think that is what the constitution was about either.  We need parents to support their young children, but we don't need to do it the way we do it now; not by a long shot.

• Like 2
A_Simple_Man

We need parents to support their young children, but we don't need to do it the way we do it now

What is wrong with this idea:  Unwed/divorced mother tells 'deadbeat' dad what it will cost each month to raise the child.  'Deadbeat' dad (I call him that because its what we all get called back in Canada) either says  A: Yes that is fair I will pay that each month or  B:  You gotta be shittin me.  I'll raise the child and you can give ME that much each month.  

If the amount the mother is asking for is reasonable then she will get it.  If not, the father will raise the child and she will learn what it is like to be on the paying end.

• Like 3

What is wrong with this idea:  Unwed/divorced mother tells 'deadbeat' dad what it will cost each month to raise the child.  'Deadbeat' dad (I call him that because its what we all get called back in Canada) either says  A: Yes that is fair I will pay that each month or  B:  You gotta be shittin me.  I'll raise the child and you can give ME that much each month.  

If the amount the mother is asking for is reasonable then she will get it.  If not, the father will raise the child and she will learn what it is like to be on the paying end.

I don't screw around when it comes to my kids-------------I go for the throat like a pittbull on a fresh steak

The worst time in my life was the year after my first divorce and I did not have custody of my kids

Honestly---if it was not for those kids I would have ended up a drunk in a bar or a drug addict in the gutter------custody of my kids is just something I had to have in order to make my life complete and to make me into the man I am today---And I thank god for guiding me in my efforts to get them

It was never about the money------it was about the kids------ BUT I do know some guy's who got really really screwed on the child support to the point they were living in a room in motels while their ex wives were driving brand new cars

Shall we get back to the topic of Filipino culture, and not stray too far guys.

Believe it or not, this showed up on Flipboard a few months ago. I think it was written by a Filipino as it is written in the first person..

...... The post says it was contributed by Salty Dog but it also says edited by Headshot. I'm not sure who you want to blame or congratulate for this one, but it seems to be originally contributed by a Filipino. Also neither Salty Dog or Headshot said anything one way or the other about have they feel about what this Filipino had to say. The only person you can agree or disagree with is the Filipino since he is the only one who actually said anything. Edited by tomaw

It is interesting to think that IF the article is true, and assuming that the majority of members are not Mistresses of Paramours, that just leaves.....

Perhaps it is because he only cuts and pastes things that strongly reflect his own opinions? Just a thought

........ I understand Salty's cutting and pasting, but I just don't get the ''edited by Headshot''. What did he edit and what's he got to do with somebody else's post?
  • Admin (Retired)

........ I understand Salty's cutting and pasting, but I just don't get the ''edited by Headshot''. What did he edit and what's he got to do with somebody else's post?

i believe he put the quotation box around the article 

• Like 1

That is his right as it is for all members. I don't think any of us would post something we disagree with unless to see if other have the same disagreement.

..... Also let's not confuse the rights one believes in with what they themselves practice in their own lives. Salty Dog and Headshot can believe in the right to divorce but at the same time have happy marriages with no intentions of ever getting divorced themselves. In the same sense that both Presidents Obama and ex-President Clinton both believe in gay rights but I don't think either one of them is gay.

being the only country in the entire world not to allow divorce is sooooo wrong

.... According to my wife the Philippine government doesn't allow divorce but even after 10 years of marriage you can get an annulment. Exactly what the difference is, I haven't got a clue.
  • Admin (Retired)

.... According to my wife the Philippine government doesn't allow divorce but even after 10 years of marriage you can get an annulment. Exactly what the difference is, I haven't got a clue.

$

• Like 1