PLDT finally installed my fiber

After 4 applications and many nasty emails. They finally got out here to install my connection. Woot!

I talked with the technician and the website is definitely not up to date with what their actual fiber deployment is. If you think fiber may already be in your subdivision you will need to get a survey team out to find out where the nearest box is. Don't settle for them telling you it's not on the website because the website definitely isn't up to date. My subdivision isn't on the website. http://pldthome.com/surf/fibr/fibr-villages

They're supposed to have 700 subdivisions covered by the end of this year: http://www.interaksyon.com/business/67740/pldt-to-cover-700-subdivisions-with-fibr-service-by-yearend

2990354095.png

Edited by senseless
  • Like 2
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

Mus be nice to live in an area with fiber. Where do you live?

BossHog

You lucky son of a gun!!

I'm at about 1/4000th of that speed. Really.

Don't think I've ever even heard of a ping as low as a 3.

Enjoy

Edited by BossHog

Would be interesting to see speedtest done to some serversi n usa

could you try the Irvine, CA  fireline broadband speedtest server

I am south metro, we were invited a month ago to  upgrade to the new package....long story short we are still waiting.

Just received my billing and they did as I asked and refunded the premium difference as they know they cannot deliver.  The cabinets or mini exchange boxes neither have the receive or send Ports required and the cables are not rated either.  there is a long long way to go.  usual over promise and  under deliver attitude 

Edited by spooks

Until last month i was living in a new condo in Ayala business center. A few months ago, representatives from pldt came to my building to ask me if i was interested in a fiber internet access. They could'nt give me specifics like prices, speed etc so I said maybe, give me the informations first and we'll see. 2 month later i received my pldt bill for the adsl and landline with php5000 overcharge. When i complained at the PLDT mabolo office they explained that the php 5000 was for the material upgrade to receive the fiber access. I told them i never ordered anything for heaven sake! They told me ok but now it will take 2 month for the manila office to process their error. In the mean time, they kept calling me everyday early in the morning to ask me to pay the php5000. I hate this company. I had outages that lasted for weeks, it took them 1 month to set up my adsl access and their technicians are useless.

• Like 1

Would be interesting to see speedtest done to some serversi n usa

could you try the Irvine, CA  fireline broadband speedtest server

Irvine server gave some pretty crappy speeds.

2990693451.png

PLDT's USA landing points are in LA. The LA result is below:

2990696981.png

Until last month i was living in a new condo in Ayala business center. A few months ago, representatives from pldt came to my building to ask me if i was interested in a fiber internet access. They could'nt give me specifics like prices, speed etc so I said maybe, give me the informations first and we'll see. 2 month later i received my pldt bill for the adsl and landline with php5000 overcharge. When i complained at the PLDT mabolo office they explained that the php 5000 was for the material upgrade to receive the fiber access. I told them i never ordered anything for heaven sake! They told me ok but now it will take 2 month for the manila office to process their error. In the mean time, they kept calling me everyday early in the morning to ask me to pay the php5000. I hate this company. I had outages that lasted for weeks, it took them 1 month to set up my adsl access and their technicians are useless.

If you can get fiber you should. It took me months of complaining and rude emails. But don't give up. You can get it.

Irvine server gave some pretty crappy speeds. 2990693451.png PLDT's USA landing points are in LA. The LA result is below: 2990696981.png If you can get fiber you should. It took me months of complaining and rude emails. But don't give up. You can get it.

Thanks, but I finally decided to move out of my condo to live on the hills of cebu because i couldn't stand anymore the polluted air, unfortunately fiber is not yet available where i live now.

Also, If i remember correctly, i think there is also a pretty big termination fee in case you want to opt out before a 2 years contract with fiber.

MattFromGA

Speed test to a server in the Philippines getting 15MB dowloads is great, but you still have to go through the same fiber routes to get to servers in the real world, which seem to bottle neck.  When I was there I could see traffic routing through Hong Kong and it was slow leaving there to LA.

Knowdafish

After 4 applications and many nasty emails. They finally got out here to install my connection. Woot!

I talked with the technician and the website is definitely not up to date with what their actual fiber deployment is. If you think fiber may already be in your subdivision you will need to get a survey team out to find out where the nearest box is. Don't settle for them telling you it's not on the website because the website definitely isn't up to date. My subdivision isn't on the website. http://pldthome.com/surf/fibr/fibr-villages

They're supposed to have 700 subdivisions covered by the end of this year: http://www.interaksyon.com/business/67740/pldt-to-cover-700-subdivisions-with-fibr-service-by-yearend

2990354095.png

Very cool! How much does it cost though if I may ask? 

I have a 30/30 fiber optic connection here in denmark

speedtest to the ervine server

2990936377.png

DreamHost, LA

2990963655.png

Local host, Denmark

2990976209.png

PLDT Makati

2990984950.png

GLOBE Makati

2990993181.png

MattFromGA

GLOBE Makati      

That would seem to prove that the connection to the Philippines from the outside world is overused.  I believe lots of call centers using VOIP is a big part of that.  I do read that spam email eats lots of bandwidth too.  Wouldn't surprise me if there is more than one major spam server located in the Philippines.