Another Raid on Cebu Bars

greatplace

Headshot

Turned out she the girl was a minor.

That is definitely common in the brothels for the locals. The girls are brought in from other provinces, and are maybe 15 or 16 years old. However, those are NOT the places they go after. There isn't enough money involved and they can't nail any foreigners.

• Like 2
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spooks

• Alan S

• hyaku

• SomeRandomGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have any you guys visit the squatter areas? My friends live in Duljo and I go there on occasion to visit,maybe have a beer or two. Put yourself in the girls parents shoes. They are both in dire povert

If they were really serious about this, they would just close down every girlie bar and disco in the Philippines. They would totally dry up tourism, and all their troubles with "bad foreigners" would

owner sells bar to foreigner ... foreigner remodels bar ,,, bar gets raided.... old owner if Forced to take bar back and sell again... endless cycle 

Salaries

During the interview with law enforcers, she said, the employees of the bars revealed they allegedly have not received their salaries for some time.

This is very likely how these raids came about having one or a few complain to authorities to get back at the bar. I kind of believe this part of the story since one of these bar owners has owed me money for a month now and is completely ignoring text and emails.

Salaries

During the interview with law enforcers, she said, the employees of the bars revealed they allegedly have not received their salaries for some time.

This is very likely how these raids came about having one or a few complain to authorities to get back at the bar. I kind of believe this part of the story since one of these bar owners has owed me money for a month now and is completely ignoring text and emails.

Yes that may trigger a raid but it would be led by DOLE and would be a justified action that would not need fantasy tales of minors, dirty old men and the rest of the bola bola tele nova drama.

Then again where would we be without any of those :snap:  :yahoo:  

Edited by spooks

Back in the days when Ermita was at its peak,. the girls who were "rescued", were expected to "satisfy" assorted policemen when they got to the police station.

I guess that was a good reason for "saving" them!

so very true ,   still happens in many places of the country

Brucewayne

Back in the days when Ermita was at its peak,. the girls who were "rescued", were expected to "satisfy" assorted policemen when they got to the police station.

I guess that was a good reason for "saving" them!

I read that story once, but I think the term was "thank" instead of "satisfy".

Same difference though.

mactanfamily

Anyone care to explain how the city mandates sexually transmitted disease testing weekly for the girls?

What a fecking joke this place is. Who do they think they are fooling? 

If they completely abolish foreign run and visited bikini bars, the whole damn business would move to Ayala in about 20 mins. With GRAVE consequence to the girls. Be careful what you wish for Mayor.

greatplace

y Jujemay G. Awit and Rebelander S. Basilan

Thursday, September 26, 2013

THERE is no basis to close the two bars in Cebu City that were raided last Saturday night.    

This was what Mayor Michael Rama and officials of the Cebu City Police Office, Cebu City Inter-Agency Council against Trafficking (CCIACAT), Cebu City Anti-Indecency Board (Caib) and the Liquor Licensing Commission arrived at last Wednesday.

“Number one, there were no minors and there was no nudity. They also have the permits.

We cannot close them,” Rama told reporters in a press conference yesterday while he took a break from the Regional Development Council 7 full council meeting.

On record, Club Temptation, located on Jakosalem St., and p*ssycat Clubland, located on Gen. Maxilom Ave., do not have business permits for this year. But Rama said both establishments paid their taxes this year.

No guarantee

Club Temptation was given a temporary permit that expired last April.

City Administrator Jose Marie Poblete said the establishments may still need to submit requirements to the City Treasurer’s Office to explain why these don’t official business permits.

Rama, though, said this is not a guarantee that Club Temptation and p*ssycat Clubland are off the hook.

The City can still inspect both bars.

“It doesn’t mean that it’s the final position of the City,” said Rama, noting that as of yesterday there was no basis to issue a closure order.

Rama directed the City Legal Office to look into the matter and to determine the bars’ legal ramifications.

The meeting last Wednesday was also a signal that the CCIACAT was convened.

Councilors Lea Japson and Dave Tumulak were there.

Tumulak is Rama’s representative to CCIACAT meetings and will preside over future meetings. Japson is the vice chairperson as the City Council’s chairperson of the committee on women.

Japson returned the composition of CCIACAT because Rama, as mayor, should have been the chairperson and there was no provision in the ordinance that he could send a representative.    

But Rama said he has only one body and it is his prerogative to appoint a representative.

Since 2008, Japson has presided over the meetings as vice chairperson. This will be the first time another official will be presiding.

Japson also questioned the participation of Caib in the meeting.

Procedures

Rama said bars like Club Temptation and p*ssycat Clubland may involve indecent shows, which was hinted in the affidavits filed by the women purportedly rescued from the two bars.

In Mandaue City, Frank Guillena, community affairs officer of the City Legal Office, urged barangays to closely monitor entertainment bars and report to authorities any signs of sex trafficking.

Guillena said barangay officials and tanods should take the lead in making sure entertainment bars in their areas do not exploit women and minors.

Last Sept. 13, the City Legal Office padlocked a bar on A.C. Cortes Ave. in Baragay Guizo for operating without a business permit and for violating a City ordinance against human trafficking.

The International Justice Mission, which requested the City to shut down Sunrise Angels KTV Bar, submitted affidavits of sex workers rescued from the bar.

Last March, an anti-trafficking task force rescued 11 sex workers, ages 19 to 30, from the bar and arrested the bar’s cashier and manager.

A minor was also rescued from an adjacent bar last May, but the City has yet to close the establishment.

Counseling

Before issuing or renewing a bar’s business permit, Guillena said the City inspects the establishment and interviews the employees to make sure it’s not engaged in trafficking.

“Barangay officials play a big role. They should do surveillance and report suspicious activities,” he said in a news conference at Mandaue City Hall yesterday morning.

Pureza Tabuac of the City Social Welfare Services (CSWS) Office said more than 50 trafficking survivors in Mandaue now undergo group counseling.

The CSWS runs a center where survivors attend therapy sessions and livelihood trainings.

The center, built with the IJM, aims to help survivors reintegrate into their communities.

“We also conduct sessions on values formation, self-awareness among others for their personal development,” Tabuac said.

The survivors also receive cash assistance from the Department of Justice. Some receive free technical education from the Paglaum Training Institute.

Tabuac said social workers also visit the families of the survivors. “We assess the family before we return the survivors to the community,” she said.

Well that's the end to that..........what a load of bullshit

So what happened to the employees accused of trafficing?  Do they rot in jail while the clubs reopen?

So what happened to the employees accused of trafficing?  Do they rot in jail while the clubs reopen?

The usual answer is yes.  I suspect as the mayor has called bullshit on this that the staff will be released.

The usual answer is yes.  I suspect as the mayor has called bullshit on this that the staff will be released.

We can hope.

quit_yume

now the rescued are referred to as "survivors"?   i almost agree with that.  they will be lucky to survive the catastrophe brought into their lives by the raids.

SomeRandomGuy

In Mandaue City, Frank Guillena, community affairs officer of the City Legal Office, urged barangays to closely monitor entertainment bars and report to authorities any signs of sex trafficking.

it is all a fecking joke..... to closely monitor half the ktv's, bikini bars for signs of sex trafficking??????    seriously????    

I can't believe filipino's allow these people to lead them.....  I just do not get this country at all

tom_shor

now the rescued are referred to as "survivors"?   i almost agree with that.  they will be lucky to survive the catastrophe brought into their lives by the raids.

That is why they all run like rabbits when the "rescuers" show up.

Brucewayne

it is all a fecking joke..... to closely monitor half the ktv's, bikini bars for signs of sex trafficking??????    seriously????    

I can't believe filipino's allow these people to lead them.....  I just do not get this country at all

What do they cal those who escape the dragnet, casualties?