Another Raid on Cebu Bars

greatplace

If they were really serious about this, they would just close down every girlie bar and disco in the Philippines. They would totally dry up tourism, and all their troubles with "bad foreigners" would be over. Hey, if they are really, really serious, they can also close down all of the brothels that cater to Filipinos, and they can get rid of all the "bad men" completely. Then, there would no longer be any "girls" being victimized. What a joke these people are. They don't want to close down anything. They just want to make headlines at someone else's expense.

Sadly it is not just about the headlines it is the reason they need the headlines.

all about the money if it is from MGDF which is headline

or extortion for release which of course would never happen along with DSWD refusing to release ladies unless they sign waivers in blank etc including attempts to get illegal contracts signed confirming that they will not work in a bar again.   

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spooks

• Alan S

• hyaku

• SomeRandomGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have any you guys visit the squatter areas? My friends live in Duljo and I go there on occasion to visit,maybe have a beer or two. Put yourself in the girls parents shoes. They are both in dire povert

If they were really serious about this, they would just close down every girlie bar and disco in the Philippines. They would totally dry up tourism, and all their troubles with "bad foreigners" would

owner sells bar to foreigner ... foreigner remodels bar ,,, bar gets raided.... old owner if Forced to take bar back and sell again... endless cycle 

The vast majority of bars that are raided are those owned by foreigners or that attract foreign customers.

There are many other bars, often small places, that cater solely for the locals. These seem to continue to operate without interuption.

One interesting point, (according to a BBC documentary some years ago) is that foreign bar owners usually pay the girls far more and dont have a "quota" for them to achieve, unlike the Filipino owned bars.

Alhtough it is not my favourite was of spending an evening, the bars do attract custom, often foreigners who spend lots of money.

Thailand recognised this and allowed them to continue, knowing that the increased income would permit improvements in facilities and that some foreigners would come back again, with families etc. Whereas at one time, single males were 90% of tourists, now the majority are familiy groups.

• Like 2

It's like the pirate DVD places. They raid them then after a while it's business as usual.

I took my wife to PC a while back. Reason being a girl who we had helped through school hoping she would go on to better things finished with the BF, baby to feed and she ends up there. Gave her a bit of cash but little we can do. She seems to enjoy it and with her mentality there's little we can do. She is by the way of legal age.

Edited by hyaku

How come they are not filing a case against the owner of club temptation? That seems very suspicious! Also I thought Graeme from lonestar was the now the owner of p*ssycat? Who are these other 2 blokes?

I take my gf with me to those bars as well. Not many options for billiards in an aricon environment, p*ssycats had one of the best tables and have some locals that come in that are good players. I have met the guys mentioned in the article several times......they seem to be missing a name in the article.

I see this hypocrisy in AC quit a bit. They will raid one bar that is surrounded by 50 of the same type of establishments. Pretty obvious that someone didn't pay the right person or some politician needs to look like he's doing something.

Forced labor.......riiiight.

• Like 1

the problim is that ther are not many bars in cebu u can go and enjoy pool game or just with a nice bar and settings unless u go to mactan resoirts but are expesuv and out of the way. i sometime go to the girl bars cuz there is little other places to go for a drink. ok u can go toplaces like ayala, fridays or whatever is not too bad but not reelly that social.

ROFLMAO Well I hope your not giving my wife your number when we play pool. It's a long drawn out operation removing a pool cue from your nether region.

• Like 2
SomeRandomGuy

there is no way the owner ( whom I will not name here) would ever employ minors in his bar....  I know a lot of people do not like the guy but he is not that stupid...

This is all bs.... it is all bs.... Get rid of that bars and instead the pimps and mamasangs will be selling girls of all ages on the streets with drugs and beating for good and bad behavior ( atleast the bars give the girls a safer environment to pedal there wears from)

I get sick of this crap here.... either raid them all and close them all down... or stop wanking everyone's dick's and leave it be

• Like 4

there is no way the owner ( whom I will not name here) would ever employ minors in his bar....  I know a lot of people do not like the guy but he is not that stupid...

This is all bs.... it is all bs.... Get rid of that bars and instead the pimps and mamasangs will be selling girls of all ages on the streets with drugs and beating for good and bad behavior ( atleast the bars give the girls a safer environment to pedal there wears from)

I get sick of this crap here.... either raid them all and close them all down... or stop wanking everyone's dick's and leave it be

Ah   but there were dirty old men in a bar and they were foreign :yahoo:  and no doubt an NBI dentist on hand to prove it :kissass:

A_Simple_Man

but there were dirty old men in a bar

Thats another pet peeve of mine, why don't those guys shower before going out . .  ummm . . better not say anything else as I remember a few times going jogging and ending up at a bar so I could have been a 'smelly' old man if not technically dirty.  Funny, looking back on it, that no one ever complained (at least not to my face).

• Like 1

Over 400,000 Japanese visited here last year and most of them were men.

I know for a fact that many of these men sleep with a different girl every night

As mentioned..................... if they close the bars down they can say sayonara to the mighty Japanese Yen

This would be good for the long termers as real estate prices would fall and the cost of goods would get cheaper

• Like 3

Out of that 400.000 probably only 20% even speak English, Couldn't find a Japanese partner if their life depended on it and only get a holiday for ten days at New Year.

Over 400,000 Japanese visited here last year and most of them were men.

I know for a fact that many of these men sleep with a different girl every night

As mentioned..................... if they close the bars down they can say sayonara to the mighty Japanese Yen

This would be good for the long termers as real estate prices would fall and the cost of goods would get cheaper

and the police would not make money anymore .............  they are involved in any dirty business in RP