Currency exchange at Ayala mall

the.lone.gunman

Kabisay-an gid

As an aside, when I first started visiting Bangkok back in 2000, I used to take Amex Travellers cheques, because the exchange rate was actually better than cash.  Not sure if that is still the same, because I stopped being a traveller a short time later, when I moved there to live.

Yes I know that sounds weird, travellers cheques being better than cash - but that was how it was.

Unfortunately, Thailand isn't the Philippines. Outside of Manila and Cebu, it has become almost impossible to exchange travelers checks. There aren't that many places in Manila or Cebu that accept them either, but there are a few.

As an aside, when I first started visiting Bangkok back in 2000, I used to take Amex Travellers cheques, because the exchange rate was actually better than cash.  Not sure if that is still the same, because I stopped being a traveller a short time later, when I moved there to live.

Yes I know that sounds weird, travellers cheques being better than cash - but that was how it was.

Yup, they still do. And, at a better rate than cash.

Jim in Cebu

Small place under the stairs where they sell DVDs on Fuente (opposite Robinson/Midtown) gives good rates. I have used them for 10 years. Shop around.

This money changer is called "Mims".  

I've also used them for a number of years as their rates have always been equal to or better than any other money changer I have seen.  However, having said that, sometimes the money changers at Robinson's and at Rain Tree Mall have offered the same rates.

--

I would love to find a money changer with good rates in the north Mandaue City / Consolacion area.  Does anyone have a recommendation?