Something my Filipina G/F told me today.

batman2525

Problem is most who come here wanting to try to start little business really have never actually ran a business before and really do not know how to best insure these problems do not happen. They have been in the military were they did not manage money, or they were employees that were not involved in the finances of the companies they worked for. They are just poorly equipped and make bad choices.

And when they lose the entire investment is of course the Philippines there is something wrong with.... Most people who start a business don't know about all the requirements we have here to start and operate a business, it's these people who must pay bribes so that they are not closed. If you have all permits and all your papers in order you don't need to pay 5 pesos in bribes! If anyone claims otherwise, they are lying or very stupid!

• Like 4
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jtmwatchbiz

• batman2525

• blaze pontaine

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these types of threads always crack me up. "filipinos" this and "filipinos" that.   doing business here for almost 10 years now and dealing with a huge number of filipinos on a regular basis, i can

Why would they be mad at the filipino husband?  Filipinos don't think its wrong to steal from foreigners.

Sounds like you already know where you stand since you are not one of the Nationals.The thing is, what will you do about it?

I've work with hundreds of Filipino's, this is the exact attitude I see every day. There are only two types of people to them, Filipinos and then everyone else, lol.

well they are quite right of course.  thet are 100% right. There are filipinos and non filipinos.

• Like 2

well they are quite right of course. thet are 100% right. There are filipinos and non filipinos.

You're bad!!! :yahoo:

Scruffydog

being part of the site staff i'm sure you meant to say "those filipinos" and not all filipinos in general.

Having said that, and having been to Cebu three times..I have never experienced this from my wife's family..They treat me well when i am there and never ask for anything. My Brother in law shuttles me all over Cebu and back and forth to the airport, and  when I try to buy him a tank off fuel,he says that is a big NO. They have taken me out to eat several times and paid..I have helped out the Mother some,and sent 75 USD on birthdays to Nephews etc,,and we send a nice balikbayan box several times a year, but they have never asked for a handout, not any of them cousins or otherwise.

Having said that I hear the stories from other Fil-Am husbands  and warnings from my wife, just saying that  not  every Pinoy is like that.

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Having a casual conversation with my Filipina G/F today and she mentioned something I thought was a little strange.

Personally I would exit stage left, quickly. The attitude of this family sucks.

People should realize that not all Filipinos think / act this way. If you choose to intertangle yourself with a family who does then the consequences are yours to bear. Don't blame it on a race of people when you get dry set without lube or a reach around. 

• Like 3
Kabisay-an gid

If anyone claims otherwise, they are lying or very stupid!

Judging by many of the ex-pats who start businesses in the Phils, I'll have to go with the latter in most cases! :ROFLMAO:

• Like 2

Foreigners are for money, one way or another they will get your money, they will wait till you die or help speed the process along. Honesty and integrity are not Filipino traits.

• Like 1

I believe cost the Brit in excess of £100,000 (I was told)

I do not think the family members are unhappy about losing their jobs

They perhaps  too made some cash out of the poor Brit

Was only one man behind the scam? I doubt it

That 100K or part of it  could be very well in their bank accounts as we speak 

• Like 2

Seems to me that short stay non Filipino are shuttled around and treated like honoured guests. Living here is different.

The more Western concept of marriage is e.g. your a Smith so its a new Smith family. Here the wife's family name drops to the middle name and you join them!

You notice even if a Filipino family member loses income he contributed they just look elsewhere at who will help. So many girls here even falling out with family because they are "expected to help". My wife has to hide her money because if the family find out she has some the 'you should give me some' text will come flying in leaving her with nothing.

Supposed to be 'family' but very mercenary when it comes to money.

What pisses me off is they play the poor card and suddenly it turns out the own 6 hectares of land they neglected to tell you about.

• Like 7
rainymike

You are standing exactly where you choose to be.

In life and women, there is the good and the bad. Find a bad apple, you toss it. Find a good one, apple pie time. 

But it would be a mistake to assume all apples are bad because of one bad one. You'll miss out on some yummy pie with that attitude.

It would also be a mistake to assume that all apples are good because of one good one. You'll probably end up eating a lot of worms that way. Not so yummy to me, despite the protein.

Sorry, I can't tell you if the apple in your hand is good or bad. Can't tell you to toss or make pie. Some things you just gotta figure out for yourself. 

Mistake for you to ask my opinion about your apple that I've never seen before. Any wild ass guess on my part is just that. You've got all the evidence before you to help you decide. I think you already know the answer.

• Like 2

sometimes you just have to put the apple on top of your head and hope she is a good shot

• Like 4
A_Simple_Man

what type of business was it ?

the immediate family lost their jobs that some were getting 15,000 per month just to sign a form or do a little paperwork

Hmmm, Something pretty shady which may be why the B-I-L thought it was OK to help himself to some of the pork.  Its the way things are done here.
A_Simple_Man

What pisses me off is they play the poor card . . .  

I thought it may be a good idea to find a widow.  Someone who was already married to a (now deceased) foreigner so she is not totally dependent on my money.  Seems like such people think that all their money from their previous marriage is to go to their family and all my money that I managed to hold onto from my previous marriage is to pay all the bills.

So its back to looking for a girl with no mother, no father, few close relatives, and no Pinoy BFs.  They ARE out there.

• Like 3

She has two older sisters,one is married to a Filipino living in Cebu and the other is married to a Brit and they live in the UK.  

If you MUST have the desire to invest and help out the family, only do it if you are living here full time

He was NOT a hands on investor and that cost him

As someone myself who has lost similar amounts of money from investing I feel for the guy

• Like 1