Something my Filipina G/F told me today.

batman2525

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jtmwatchbiz

• batman2525

• blaze pontaine

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these types of threads always crack me up. "filipinos" this and "filipinos" that.   doing business here for almost 10 years now and dealing with a huge number of filipinos on a regular basis, i can

Why would they be mad at the filipino husband?  Filipinos don't think its wrong to steal from foreigners.

Sounds like you already know where you stand since you are not one of the Nationals.The thing is, what will you do about it?

batman2525

Sounds like you already know where you stand since you are not one of the Nationals.The thing is, what will you do about it?

Well...first of all Ive been with this chick for almost 5 years....and I  know some other stuff that has gone on  with her family.

I have never ever had any intention of marrying her and never will...and she knows this.

What will I do you ask Sir.....I will play my cards close to my chest...thats what I will.,,,and watch to see what happens next.

• Like 2

I have never ever had any intention of marrying her and never will...and she knows this.

Wellllll, that probably also plays a part in her mind. If she knows you never have intentions of marrying her, and knowing that many, if not most Filipinas want marriage, the 2.3 kids, etc., she will never truly be yours anyway, not 100%. 

• Like 7
batman2525

she will never truly be yours anyway, not 100%

Thats ok with me.....anyway,there are lots of foreign guys out there who have married filipinos and had kids etc and in some cases their wifes are not with them 100 % either.

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

these types of threads always crack me up. "filipinos" this and "filipinos" that.

doing business here for almost 10 years now and dealing with a huge number of filipinos on a regular basis, i can say that there is absolutely no reliable generalizations i can make. i will say that if a foreigner comes here or anywhere else in the world with the attitude that they are above the locals, they will no doubt get their asses handed to them.   

Very true, if you earn their respect first than you will receive that respect. If you do not watch your business, oversee operations, and establish checks and balances than you are going to be subject to cheats, thieves, and swindler no matter what country you do business. That is why companies have accountants, bookkeepers, logbooks, surveillance cameras on cash registers and exits; and even then companies are embezzled, pilfered, and  stolen from. You would think businessmen would know this fact before doing business here.

But that then probably exposes the real heart of the problem. Problem is most who come here wanting to try to start little business really have never actually ran a business before and really do not know how to best insure these problems do not happen. They have been in the military were they did not manage money, or they were employees that were not involved in the finances of the companies they worked for. They are just poorly equipped and make bad choices.

Now the Britt in the OP had setup his business correctly he should have been able to hand the situation before it cost him his investment. In business trust no one, not even your accountant. You watch the employees, keep and accurate accountability of your inventory, and watch your money like a hawk. Remember a lock is only meant to keep honest people honest.

• Like 6

While I am sure this is, and certainly can be the case in some relationships, we are talking about your relationship, since you brought it up.

Either way, in the end, it depends on what you personally want out of a relationship. At least you both know where each of you stand. So, I guess that is more of a good thing, than bad, really. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 3

Having a casual conversation with my Filipina G/F today and she mentioned something I thought was a little strange.

She has two older sisters,one is married to a Filipino living in Cebu and the other is married to a Brit and they live in the UK.

The Brit who is married to her sister started a very expensive business a few years ago that recently went bust because he found out the other sisters husband(the Filipino husband) who worked for him was ripping him off BIG time and because of the ripping off by the Filipino husband all of the immediate family lost their jobs that some were getting 15,000 per month just to sign a form or do a little paperwork,so it was a big loss for everyone.

So,during our conversation I said to my G/F how do the rest of your family feel now that they know that the Filipino husband lost them their jobs.....she said...oh they are over that now, there is nothing they can do, the Filipino husband is part of the family9by marriage) what can they do she said,I said ok...but what about the Brit husband who is also part of the family(by marriage)...and what she said shocked me....she said,well the Brit husband is not a part of my family as much as the Filipino husband....why not I replied,did he not invest millions of pesos to start a business that your family benefited from,.... only to lose it all because of the Filipino husband ripped  him off resulting in the business going bust..???and he is married to your sister just like the Filipino guy is married to your sister...

Yes she said that is true....But the Brit husband is not  a Filipino is he she asked.

Ok I said...and left it at that....(now thinking where do I stand..... being only the boyfriend !)

i got the same type ans to me being part of the family when i lived with a soul sister .... her family would never accept me because i was not black so i can never understand their feelings or culture we broke up after her mother said that at a family BBQ which i supplied all the food

• Like 2
batman2525

Im actually wondering about my G/Fs brother in law....the Brit.....the poor bastard who lost a few million pesos....it was his wife,my chicks sister who talked him into buying the business and fabricating jobs for the family....Im the lucky one lucky man.

• Like 2

That simply goes back to rule number 2, concerning the Philippines. Never invest more than you can afford to lose. Personally, I would never, EVER buy anything that I cannot own outright, anywhere in Southeast Asia. 

• Like 8

Im actually wondering about my G/Fs brother in law....the Brit.....the poor bastard who lost a few million pesos....it was his wife,my chicks sister who talked him into buying the business and fabricating jobs for the family....Im the lucky one lucky man.

what type of business was it ?

Well...first of all Ive been with this chick for almost 5 years....and I  know some other stuff that has gone on  with her family.

What will I do you ask Sir.....I will play my cards close to my chest...thats what I will.,,,and watch to see what happens next.

Ok,sounds like you have figured it out.Since you have already saw what happened to the unfortunate fellow who lost all that money you can pretty much know what would happen to you with the same family.Since you are not promising marriage and she know this, then not much will change.You'l be in your world and she'l remain in hers and what she shares with you will be as much as you share with her emotionally speaking since you do trust her to the extent you do.I don't think marrying her would increase the likelihood you wouldn't suffer the same fate as the other guy but in any marriage you pays your fees and takes your chances.Since there are no guarantees in life this is true wherever you go and whoever you end up with.Good Luck Sir! 

• Like 2

Ok,sounds like you have figured it out.Since you have already saw what happened to the unfortunate fellow who lost all that money you can pretty much know what would happen to you with the same family.Since you are not promising marriage and she know this, then not much will change.You'l be in your world and she'l remain in hers and what she shares with you will be as much as you share with her emotionally speaking since you do trust her to the extent you do.I don't think marrying her would increase the likelihood you wouldn't suffer the same fate as the other guy but in any marriage you pays your fees and takes your chances.Since there are no guarantees in life this is true wherever you go and whoever you end up with.Good Luck Sir! 

friends with benefits 

• Like 2

Are there any more sisters[not attached]? The reason I ask is if there was another sister and she brought home a foreigner would you feel obligated to warn him about the money incident or let fate takes it's course?

batman2525

what type of business was it ?

Im sorry Mr Panther I cant divulge that information,It was a big ticket item that I believe cost the Brit in excess of £100,000 (I was told)

It was an unusual type business that was operating outside of Cebu.

• Like 1

Im sorry Mr Panther I cant divulge that information,It was a big ticket item that I believe cost the Brit in excess of £100,000 (I was told)

It was an unusual type business that was operating outside of Cebu.

Definitely enough money lost to cause me to tell the entire family to pound sand. If the family were lucky, that would be ALL I would do. 

• Like 2