Ian posted something in a thread that caused me to ponder how I felt.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• lamoe

• JamesMusslewhite

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife is 49 years old in this picture. I have known her since she was 19 and today she is still a knockout and makes me proud to have her on my arm. The smartest thing I ever did was marry that litt

Personally, looks are not that important to me. I would rather have, and be with a woman who is not so attractive, but is truly devoted, loyal, and caring for me, than a model type chick who would be

james i have only one question.... in your avatar your what age ??  in your now picture your what age??  in both your wearing the same shirt and its what age ?

Posted Images

My wife is 49 years old in this picture. I have known her since she was 19 and today she is still a knockout and makes me proud to have her on my arm. The smartest thing I ever did was marry that little girl. I married up and she know she married down. I once told her I was her trophy husband, she laughed out loud and said, "What twisted contest in Hell did she win?"; it is hard not to love a woman like that.

306929_2050240815496_385600679_n.jpg

james i have only one question.... in your avatar your what age ??  in your now picture your what age??  in both your wearing the same shirt and its what age ?

• Like 8
JamesMusslewhite

Actually try counting using you fingers this time and you will see that is actually 3 questions.

The avatar photo was when I first joined the forum in 2009 so I would be 51.

The photo of my wife was taken in 2013 so I would be 55.

Now as far as that being the same green wife-beater tee-shirt? I'm not sure as I have several that color as well as in brown, blue, and white. I find them to be very comfortable under dress shirts, sitting around the house, or when I go to the beach or swimming. They are quite fashionable as well as comfortable and it really is hard to beat such a classic and classy look. I get a couple of assortments packs mailed to me via balikbayan box every couple of years.. Why? If you want some you can find them at sears. But if it just happens to the very same shirt, it is still probably not near as old as the underwear your waring right now.

But that is another nice thing about Filipino women. They will gladly hand-wash your tee-shirts and tend not to be too critical how you dress while sitting around the house.

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 5

Now as far as that being the same green wife-beater tee-shirt? I'm not sure as I have several that color as well as in brown, blue, and white. I find them to be very comfortable under dress shirts, sitting around the house, or when I go to the beach or swimming. They they are quite fashionable as well as comfortable and it really is hard to beat such a classic and classy look. I get a couple of assortments packs mailed to me via balikbayan box every couple of years.. Why? If you want some you can find them at sears. But if it just happens to the very same shirt, it is still probably not near as old as the underwear your waring right now.

Nice explanation James, but you could have offered Smokey your 'hand me downs'! Washed and ironed of coarse!  :rofl:  :rofl:

Edited by Ozepete
  • Like 1

Roger that, cute is way better than hot.   The cute ones usually don't think they are hot and have a much better attitude toward life.   Most of the hot ones never realize that happiness is wanting what you have instead of whining about what you don't have.    

If I were into that, I'd rent the hot ones but no way would I want one to settle down with one.  Just started with my girl over there but she is a very cute little province girl that can climb coconut trees and use a machete to prepare them, and kill a chicken, no problem.  Really anxious to please, always wanting to help out, trying to stop me when I help her out of the back of the multicab (yeah, she will ride in back with no problems, two seat multicab, kanos in front Philippinos in back because they like it better cause it is cooler), says that I will spoil her.   Tight with money, worried sick that we will spend too much on her ill grandma right now (yeah, she is really sick, I met her, and I get receipts), just so damn grateful for the smallest thing.

Hardworking, resourceful, nothing will stop her from accomplishing a task.   Last week I had brought some equipment and supplies for making springs for my shop up near Clark, showed one of the hired hands how to do it and of course she wanted to try.   A four foot eight chick trying to work at a three foot high work bench.  Coiled spring wire so you have to hang on to both ends while you cut it and she couldn't use the cutters with one hand.  Off goes one of her flip flops, and she uses her foot to pin down the wire on top of the work bench while she cut the wire.

Filipinas are the best women in the world if you are careful and pick out one with a good heart.

[/quote

Roger that, cute is way better than hot.   The cute ones usually don't think they are hot and have a much better attitude toward life.   Most of the hot ones never realize that happiness is wanting what you have instead of whining about what you don't have.    

If I were into that, I'd rent the hot ones but no way would I want one to settle down with one.  Just started with my girl over there but she is a very cute little province girl that can climb coconut trees and use a machete to prepare them, and kill a chicken, no problem.  Really anxious to please, always wanting to help out, trying to stop me when I help her out of the back of the multicab (yeah, she will ride in back with no problems, two seat multicab, kanos in front Philippinos in back because they like it better cause it is cooler), says that I will spoil her.   Tight with money, worried sick that we will spend too much on her ill grandma right now (yeah, she is really sick, I met her, and I get receipts), just so damn grateful for the smallest thing.

Hardworking, resourceful, nothing will stop her from accomplishing a task.   Last week I had brought some equipment and supplies for making springs for my shop up near Clark, showed one of the hired hands how to do it and of course she wanted to try.   A four foot eight chick trying to work at a three foot high work bench.  Coiled spring wire so you have to hang on to both ends while you cut it and she couldn't use the cutters with one hand.  Off goes one of her flip flops, and she uses her foot to pin down the wire on top of the work bench while she cut the wire.

Filipinas are the best women in the world if you are careful and pick out one with a good heart.

Sounds like you have found yourself a keeper. There is no better wife than the one you describe here - one completely lacking pretentiousness and who is willing to help out with anything.

In a previous life I was married to a looker and did she know it - those were the worst years of my life. I learned my lesson though. Ever since my first flight to the Philippines the best years certainly followed.

unsuccessfully edited - got to get to work

Edited by Hamm
  • Admin (Retired)

if you are picking just for looks and you plan to be together for a long time.. you better get a good look at her mom and if possible grand mother to see what you'll be in for down the road

• Like 7
A_Simple_Man

I've known more 'not so pretty' girls who screw around on their old man than beautiful girls who have done the same.  But both do it, the beautiful ones because they can and the less than pretty ones because they are desperately seeking to build their self esteem.  (IMHO)

I've known just as many 'not so pretty' girls who are lazy as I have known pretty girls who are.

I have thus formed the opinion that prettiness plays no role in whether a girl is of good character or whether she makes a good life partner.  I further discovered that physical attraction is damn nice in the beginning of a relationship and very pleasant to have while deciding if the other factors are compatible.  If either partner's looks fade after a year or ten then who gives a rats?  If your in love it won't matter and if you are breaking up it won't matter either.

• Like 3
Headed that way

Wiser words were never written, gotta take a look at the mom cause the daughter is likely to turn out just like her mom.

But one of the advantages of going 33 years younger for a partner is that by the time they hit their fifties I'll be in my mid eighties. Shouldn't be that big of a deal. Here in the states I see plenty of men dragging around a slattern of a wife in their own age range and I say to my self "That dude's life is over! Put a bullet in my head if I ever have to sleep with something like that."

But yeah, I think she is a keeper. Grandma getting ill sent a shiver up my spine though although so far everyone is content with a little help. Late last night I had to talk both of them into staying at the hospital till all the testing was completed, both wanted to leave because they didn't have the money and didn't want to impose. So far it has been fairly cheap by American standards, less than $200 spent on lab work and medicines, might be half that or the same for the doctor and ward fees. Time will tell.

• Like 1

Personally, looks are not that important to me. I would rather have, and be with a woman who is not so attractive, but is truly devoted, loyal, and caring for me, than a model type chick who would be high maintenance, or who would live as though she were too good to do the simplest things.

The old Harry Belafonte/Jimmy Soul song comes to mind... "If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife".

jtmwatchbiz

I further discovered that physical attraction is damn nice in the beginning of a relationship and very pleasant to have while deciding if the other factors are compatible.

there's other factors?

• Like 1

there's other factors?

money

I am high maintenance :)

Edited by KID

First time attaching pic. Learning curve.

I was fortunate in that I feel my wife was somewhat good looking, stayed with me through Vietnam, 10 months hospital afterwords, and 1 year shrink after that. She always worked and managed our money very well.

Pic is from about 20 years ago. Now she's on medication that caused a 40 kilo weight gain. Lived with that for 10 years no problem. I loved the person not the image.

Unfortunately, her medicines caused a radical personality change. Even then I could live with her as long as I was working and could avoid her as much as possible.

She can only take one type and it's either take it or die.

Retired 2 years. 24/7 had proven to be to much. Getting a divorce.

So, even if you do find a good looking lady and she's everything you want, if her personally and compatibility changes it can still destroy a 46 year marriage.

That's why when I get there I'm not looking for a hottie. I want someone I feel comfortable with.

post-15177-0-41639300-1379857864_thumb.jpg

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

it can still destroy a 46 year marriage.

Daaaauuuummm! 46 years! I'm sorry to hear this, mate. 

Thanks,

Even our daughter said she was surprised I waited so long. Not PW'd as was intimidated in another thread. Loyalty and love can make a person endure many things.

Reply sad part was signed separation papers on day of 46th anniversary.