Sign in to follow this  
billy

suggestions on restaurant in cebu

billy

does someone have a suggestion on a nice restaurant to take a (male) friend in cebu? that is for lunch

Edited by billy

jtmwatchbiz

hiya billy,,

depending on your locale, i would suggest for a good lunch i think my first choice would be "macaroon tango" located next to cebu doc's hospital in the jolibee plaza. it's owned and run by a french fellow who is a friend of ours and he has a good selection of sandwiches as well as the best pizza i have found in the city. you can't go wrong there.

enjoy wherever you choose!

• Like 2

MikeMS

Cafe A is good place. Irie is also good. Both have websites.

CCP

Timad French resto or osterica rica Italian deli in Banilad on the approach road to Maria luisa, not quite sure of the Italians name but it's a great place

Half Baked

I ate at Bigby's in SM Cebu City the other day. Had the "house specialty" baby back ribs. They were just ok. It was nice to have some mashed potatoes, though.

Not sure of what you and your friend would like, or the area of Cebu you are concerned with. Let us know.

CCP

Timad French resto or osterica rica Italian deli in Banilad on the approach road to Maria luisa, not quite sure of the Italians name but it's a great place

Antica Osterica thats the name, my favourite place 

jtmwatchbiz

Antica Osterica thats the name, my favourite place 

hmmm...i'll have to look into this place and the other place you mentioned. we haven't poked around banilad looking into the restaurants lately but always like to try new places. are they expensive?   

danoma

For good food I suggest Canvas (ayala mall, mostly western food), Siam (ayala mall, thai food).

For a nice decor, Tavolata (italian, as fortuna design center), Maya (mexican, crossroads Banilad), Anzani (western food, Lahug) and the restaurant on the roof of the Marco Polo hotel.

CCP

hmmm...i'll have to look into this place and the other place you mentioned. we haven't poked around banilad looking into the restaurants lately but always like to try new places. are they expensive?   

Not at all. Antica Osterica is owned by the wholesaler of most of the italian products supplied to hotels etc around, you can just order from the refrigerator by 100grams or pick from the menu, pizza, pasta and a fantastic mushroom risotto, bottles of drinkable wine start at about 240 peso, excellent value for money located next to the spa at cebu. Timad has excellent french dishes, pastries and crepes also a great place located just past Guiseppies 

Edited by CCP

Half Baked

u can try ayala as they have a lot of choices in one place. i like canvis (nice pies, home comfort food), cymo (gre8t greek wraps), persian (not sure of full name but inside near active, good skewer kebabs and indian style food), also spaggiti house is ok for budget pasta. check out lechon in food court too. 

Persian Palate

Kreole

A new restaurant just opened across Mango ave  from Robinsons at Fuente Osmenia.  (just to the south of the skywalk).  It is called The VILLA Philippino Restaurant, and has nice selection of foods, Filipino, Thai, Chinese.  I love Thai food and so ordered the Pad Thai with shrimp.  It was so good that I have come back several times in the last week, ordering Pad Thai and then trying other things on the Thai menu.  The owner and cook, who I met, worked as a chef in Dubai or somewhere in the Middle East for 20 years.  The restaurant is very upscale,  spotless, new with very attentive staff.  That is my best and only recommendation.  I have tried (2) other "authentic" Thai restaurants in the area and both were very disappointing.  One was just downright bad (at the Lloriente St. entry to the Sampaquita Suites, and the other was only mediocre which was just down the street about 2 blocks.  My only complaint is that today I ordered (2) servings of Pad Thai with shrimp.  When served, it had been combined into one double serving.  However, there were only (7) shrimp which was definitely unacceptable since one serving usually comes with more than that.  I mentioned it to the staff after the dinner, and said I hoped they would correct that the next time I came in.  I hardly believe anything like that is an accidental oversight in the RP, and it cheapens the experience.  On the other hand, it is well worth pointing out that customers can usually count, so it is best not to short them on the shrimp.   

Believe it or not, there is actually a really decent pizza to be had across the street.  It is called Greenwich and the Overload thin crust pizza is the way to go.  They give you a decent portion of pepperoni, italian sausage, onions, pineapple, and green peppers, with a sprinkling of black olives, and lots of cheese.  I highly recommend it if you are a pizza lover.  Again I have tried several other pizza joints in the area and they all sucked big time.  When the wait person brings you ketchup to put on your pizza, you know you are in for a bad meal.  Bon apetite!

Edited by Kreole

SomeRandomGuy

i was so sad as it used to my favorite resterant but im scered to go back to canvas at alaya now after that terrible experinece. i shuld have told the owner who was there but i think the waiter did not tell him of our horrible dining experinece.

u should of.... he is a nazi to them there in the kitchen and any one that calls himself a chef and is as proud of the food and his brand as he is wants to know this trust me....  he is a nice guy and would have understood and made an effort to make up for his staff's lack of care for your meal

Ken Oath

The new Vietnamese noodle house at Crossroads is good, they play good music from the 60's and 70's too

arentol

Nice restaurants not in a Mall (i.e., something different than the usual suggestions):

- Cafe Georg on Talamban Rd, 1 block from Salinas, shares building w/ Country Classics: Just had dinner there last night. Good lunch spot, selection of sandwiches and wraps, pleasant country decor.

- Tymad Bistro on Paseo Saturnino Rd (Maria Luisa Rd): French restaurant run by French expats. Good food, parking, relaxing decor. Across the street is Phoebe's Cupcakery, decorated in shabby chic decor, pleasant place to sit down and eat some dessert.

- Lantaw Restaurant and Mr. A's: Both in Bgy. Busay, more accessible if you're using a taxi or a private car. Beautiful views of the city, traditional Filipino foods. Both excellent and enjoyable spots.

- Antica Osteria on Paseo Saturnino (Maria Luisa Rd): Authentic Italian restaurant run by Italian expats. This is the real deal unlike La Tegola and Tavolata which, in my opinion, offer bland food at inflated prices. Antica Osteria is a small genuine Italian restaurant with great food. You can check out pics and review here.

- Simply J's: Nice café/restaurant not far from Ayala. Pleasant country decor with good food. Their Facebook page is here.

- On a budget? Try Mattias BBQ on AS Fortuna and Hernan Cortes St. Cheap and quite delicious.

...this thread would probably make the beginning of a good permanent discussion on Cebu restaurants...

Best of luck,

Aren

hyaku

Greenwich good? What happened. They wouldnt know a pizza crust if you hit them on head with one.

Edited by hyaku