American citizen here, i have a few questions

blaze pontaine

Get in contact with shadow if you're seeking accurate information for your situation. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seattlekid25

• Davaoeno

• shadow

• Lauie

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just two questions for you...       Who do you like to take the NL central this year?   and   Should I take the 40.5 over on the Bears/Steelers this Sunday?

given that you have come to the conclusion that any filipinas who want to move to the US only do so because they are money hungry and only care about getting a green card - why would you want to take

I don't know if you're serious or what, but this is the worst advice I've read on this forum so far.

Posted Images

Majorsco

You only need $30k in the bank and show you earn enough monthly to support both you and your spouse.

I've never heard of the $30K in the bank rule, and not everyone has that much money in the bank. From what I know, the sponsor has to at least meet the current poverty line.

My niece was just approved as a K1 visa to marry a guy making $9/hr as a security guard. He had no money in the bank but was above poverty line. No problem getting the approvals. They were married in the US three weeks ago.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

When ready, have her apply for a tourist visa, meet you there, get married and file an adjustment.

I do believe that even a spouse visitingon a tourist who got married would still have to have a petitioner who meets the income/asset threshold. 

miles-high

I do believe that even a spouse visitingon a tourist who got married would still have to have a petitioner who meets the income/asset threshold.

Yes, but if a tourist happened to have met you, fell in love then decided to get married, you would not need it.

I'll give you a clue why :  " Based on my research i have come to the conclusion that i cannot apply for any visa for my wife to come to the usa because of income requirements."

Why would you want to come to the USA, I thought you were a canuck? Don't want to bring your wife back to the land of snow, ice, and the McKenzie brothers? Ehhhhh hoser? LOL...

Davaoeno

Why would you want to come to the USA, I thought you were a canuck? Don't want to bring your wife back to the land of snow, ice, and the McKenzie brothers? Ehhhhh hoser? LOL...

please try to keep up and read every post rather than every 3rd one !!!!   :banghead:

Yes, but if a tourist happened to have met you, fell in love then decided to get married, you would not need it.

She would need to file an affidavit of support in order to adjust status and apply for a green card. Otherwise, she would become just another illegal alien.

Once you get all these things ironed out and you're ready to file a petition, just so you know, an immigration attorney is a waste of money and they're very expensive. All they will do is fill out the forms for you which even a 6th grader can do. My husband filed the petition without an attorney. When I got to the US, I filed all other immigration paperworks, from adjustment of status to citizenship by myself. An immigration attorney is only necessary if you have a complicated case. If you need advise regarding what step to do next, etc. there are plenty of sources out there. You'll be surprised how much help you can get from a forum, that you yourself will agree there's no need for an attorney.

• Like 3
Kabisay-an gid

I agree with Lauie that an immigration attorney isn't necessary in most cases.

Majorsco

Yes. Forms are easy and there is no advantage in the processing for an attorney. I did everything myself a few years ago including submission for citizenship. All processed just fine.

miles-high

Once you get all these things ironed out and you're ready to file a petition, just so you know, an immigration attorney is a waste of money and they're very expensive. All they will do is fill out the forms for you which even a 6th grader can do. My husband filed the petition without an attorney. When I got to the US, I filed all other immigration paperworks, from adjustment of status to citizenship by myself. An immigration attorney is only necessary if you have a complicated case. If you need advise regarding what step to do next, etc. there are plenty of sources out there. You'll be surprised how much help you can get from a forum, that you yourself will agree there's no need for an attorney.

That is true if you are well-educated, intelligent and have all the time in the world... If you are making a few hundred dollars an hour or so and have better things to do, then leave it to the lawyers, just like you have your maid clean the house, driver to drive, etc., etc.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Maybe so I cant refute your claim bbecause I haven't researched that situation. Ive only looked at the situation where a foreign spouse comes on a tourist visa and the citizen spouse decides to stay indefinitely.

That is true if you are well-educated, intelligent and have all the time in the world... If you are making a few hundred dollars an hour or so and have better things to do, then leave it to the lawyers, just like you have your maid clean the house, driver to drive, etc., etc.

howdy warren buffet 

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

howdy warren buffet

Hey of you only work a couple hours a week its.easy to dwarf a few hundred dollars an hour!

jtmwatchbiz

howdy warren buffet 

well some people work harder than others and don't mind paying.