American citizen here, i have a few questions

You have some options.

A: assets. The requirement for USCIS if you have no income is 3 years support at 125% of poverty level for a wife, and 5 years for a fiance. However, Manila generally wants to see 5 years for both. For instance, 125% of poverty level now is roughly $19,000 a year for a two person household, X 5 is $95,000 in liquid assets, that is, something that can be readily turned into cash.

B: Income. Income can be most anything, as long as you can prove you have it. If it is taxable, you will need to show a tax return. If it is not taxable, you need to show where it comes from.

C: Combination of the above. Take the difference between what you earn and what you are lacking, times by 5, and that is what they will want to see. For instance you have an income of $10,000, minus that from $19,000 and you have a $9000 difference, times that by 5, so if you had $10,000 in income and $45,000 in liquid assets you will meet the guideline. If you can show $50,000 in cash and a job, ANY job, chances are you will pass muster.

D: Co-sponsor, most anyone can be a co-sponsor. They will have to meet the income guideline for their family and yours.

E: You do not need to have a job for a year prior to filing. We have had clients who filed the petition and got to the point where it was time to file the affidavit of support, then went to the US and got a job, set the interview date and were approved within weeks.

www.pinayvisa.com 

I have a Seattle phone number listed on my website if you want to talk.

Edited by shadow
  • Like 3
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seattlekid25

• Lauie

• Davaoeno

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just two questions for you...       Who do you like to take the NL central this year?   and   Should I take the 40.5 over on the Bears/Steelers this Sunday?

given that you have come to the conclusion that any filipinas who want to move to the US only do so because they are money hungry and only care about getting a green card - why would you want to take

I don't know if you're serious or what, but this is the worst advice I've read on this forum so far.

Posted Images

BossHog

1. There is a way to declare your “foreign” income (e.g., royalty, rental income, interest income, etc.)… Declare enough “income” on your tax return to qualify for the income requirements in a year or two;

Dude, this is brilliant.

I just now filed my taxes for the past three fiscal years. Turns out I made $97,599 in each of those years.*

Who knew harvesting copra and selling San Miguel to surfers was so freaking lucrative?

I'm stateside bound baby!! Spouse in tow.

First order of agenda: gonna buy a big-ass can of Steen's cane syrup and drown all my Denny's meals in that stuff.

post-5791-0-08324600-1379815257_thumb.jpg

Hell yea!

If the visa people ask where the income went I'll just say I dropped it all on the ponies at Santa Ana Park in Cavite.

post-5791-0-05558300-1379815366_thumb.jpg

Problems sorted. File taxes, don't pay*, qualify for spousal visa. Get fat.

Am I missing anything?

* the expat tax exemption is 97,600 bucks of overseas earning per year.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 2
ellenbrook2001

in fact in AUSTRALIA if you cannot show a study income or a pension or a large account in the bank,then you must have a residential address no way they let a future wife too come there to live under the social security a believed same has USA he become more difficult but if you liked here in the PHILIPPINES why bother if shes really love you then you can provide here $$$$$ you be fine a believed  before worry about too take her to USA just live here for 6 months then see how you cope maybe you will not marry her you never know men so much going here after 6 months your start see the good and the bad then you may make decision but please please do not rush to marriage he take years to know those beautiful girls they are adorable but when they get in bad mood run away ahahahah they are so funny ,those beautiful creature are from another world different culture or very hard to adapt but they are so lovely good luck men.

seattlekid25

Umm, you can do your sports betting from here, many do with no problem.

lol to answer your question yes i have a regular job right now aside from betting on sports especially since basketball isn't in season yet  : )

seattlekid25

in fact in AUSTRALIA if you cannot show a study income or a pension or a large account in the bank,then you must have a residential address no way they let a future wife too come there to live under the social security a believed same has USA he become more difficult but if you liked here in the PHILIPPINES why bother if shes really love you then you can provide here $$$$$ you be fine a believed  before worry about too take her to USA just live here for 6 months then see how you cope maybe you will not marry her you never know men so much going here after 6 months your start see the good and the bad then you may make decision but please please do not rush to marriage he take years to know those beautiful girls they are adorable but when they get in bad mood run away ahahahah they are so funny ,those beautiful creature are from another world different culture or very hard to adapt but they are so lovely good luck men.

yeah i like your response.  basically i was trying to gauge what might happen after 5 years of living in cebu, married to a wife, with a child or 2 and then all of a sudden we are bored of cebu and want to come to the united states.  

well compared with a pizza delivery boy groom running to mommy and daddy i think it's a fairly sound alternative, after all this is the woman one wishes to marry so loading her up with assets shouldn't be a problem unless you're saying all filipinas can't be trusted? my wife was "loaded up" way before i ever met her and she certainly doesn't need me or anyone else to qualify for a tourist visa, so it's also possible to find a filipina who is financially capable as well. my point is, there are ALOT of nice women here and if one is lucky to find their match, then needless to say she should be trusted to hold assets in her own name. if one has the attitude that filipinas are thieves, then why marry in the first place?  

How is that a better alternative to getting a co-sponsor? If Seattlekid "loads her up" because he likes to spoil her, who am I to tell him that's not a smart thing to do? But if he invests thousands of dollars on buying her properties mainly so she could get a tourist visa, now that's what makes miles-high's advice terrible. Because we're talking about big $$ here, and what gives you the guarantee that the girl would qualify for a tourist visa if Seattlekid bought her all these properties? 'Cause if it is, then it would have worked for people I know who instantly became landowners, businessmen, and whose money in their bank accounts suddenly quadrupled shortly before applying for a tourist visa. Consular officers don't base their decision to either grant or deny someone a tourist visa solely on their financial background. They focus more on the applicant's ability to prove that they have no reason or intention to remain in the US after the visa expires. Bottom line is, that technique might work... it might not, but it's an expensive risk to take. Another reason why miles-high's advice is bad is that even if the girl did get a visa, flies to the US and marries the guy as miles-high suggested, that right there is a planned fraud, and if caught, USCIS won't like it and they don't take it kindly. On the other hand, getting a co-sponsor is a legit, easy, and sure way.

• Like 1

Dude, this is brilliant.

I just now filed my taxes for the past three fiscal years. Turns out I made $97,599 in each of those years.*

Who knew harvesting copra and selling San Miguel to surfers was so freaking lucrative?

I'm stateside bound baby!! Spouse in tow.

First order of agenda: gonna buy a big-ass can of Steen's cane syrup and drown all my Denny's meals in that stuff.

attachicon.gifsteen's.jpg

Hell yea!

If the visa people ask where the income went I'll just say I dropped it all on the ponies at Santa Ana Park in Cavite.

attachicon.gifsanta ana.JPG

Problems sorted. File taxes, don't pay*, qualify for spousal visa. Get fat.

Am I missing anything?

* the expat tax exemption is 97,600 bucks of overseas earning per year.

Yeah, your missing that the income stream must continue when you move to the states.

;)

• Like 1
jtmwatchbiz

Yeah, your missing that the income stream must continue when you move to the states.

;)

could it trickle or does it have to keep streaming? :)

loading her up with assets shouldn't be a problem unless you're saying all filipinas can't be trusted? 

You're the one who gave my comment a meaning, so you tell me.

BossHog

I'll just take the Daily Racing Form with me to the embassy and explain how I got a sure-thing trifecta box going in the Preakness.

• Like 3
jtmwatchbiz

You're the one who gave my comment a meaning, so you tell me.

well...if you took the time to actually comprehend my post then you would already have your answer. if you merely wish to behave like a wounded child then take this downstairs where we can discuss this further without going too far off-topic.

could it trickle or does it have to keep streaming?

Mine comes in one big squirt, but I appreciate the extra effort my wife puts in to force as much as possible to come out in a steady trickle between squirts. Keeps her busy.

We are talking about money, right?

• Like 1

This is just great :(  I have to warn my Sis-InLaws please let us know your dates and what Island you going too.  Thanks

JamesMusslewhite

I don't know if you're serious or what, but this is the worst advice I've read on this forum so far.

I was 29 when I brought my wife to the US on a K-1. When I got out of the service I got a job to make money to purchase the license, permits, and tools needed to start a landscape company, than I started landscaping and grounds maintenance and purchased a small lot with utility hookups and a 34' travel trailer then accumulated $36K in a commercial bank account. I got out of the Service in April 87 and we were married in December that same year. I only had pay stubs from the first job and the quarterly from my accountant on my business. The process was greatly sped up because my wife was doing everything here in the Philippines to meet and complete all the requirements needed while I was working to accumulate the funds and assets to the requirements there.

The dwelling does not need to be a big home. Even a small lot and trailer will meet their requirements as long as it is paid for and titled. You only need $30k in the bank and show you earn enough monthly to support both you and your spouse.

• Like 1

You only need $30k in the bank and show you earn enough monthly to support both you and your spouse.

I've never heard of the $30K in the bank rule, and not everyone has that much money in the bank. From what I know, the sponsor has to at least meet the current poverty line.