American citizen here, i have a few questions

seattlekid25

lets say i visit cebu and decide that i want to marry a girl there because i like her after staying there for 6 months.  So we get married in cebu and i end up staying there for many months afterwards.  What if i decide that i am bored there and i want to go back to the usa.  Based on my research i have come to the conclusion that i cannot apply for any visa for my wife to come to the usa because of income requirements.  The way i make my living is betting on sports and so it's not like i'll be able to submit my paycheck to uscis as proof of income.  If i could prove my bank account had thousands and thousands of dollars, i could see why i might be able to pass the uscis income requirements but i don't have this.  

The biggest hurdle that bothers me is the income requirements that need to be shown in the form of a paycheck from a legitimate employer so i realize if i want to bring my wife into the usa, i need to come back to the usa, find a job, work in the usa for over a year and then apply for my wife to come to the usa.  

i understand why the us government emphasizes income requirements so that my wife, future kids, and myself won't be taking advantage of the social programs here in the usa.  

I know that i can visit cebu for 2 weeks, taking a vacation from my current job, come back and start paperwork, etc, but i thought i would try this free forum first before i hire a lawyer to talk to for an hour.  I apologize if there are other threads that i have missed that might help find answers to my questions too so please direct me if that is the case.

Things can be very complicated in this world because there's always a system in place i like testing with questions that people might think sound stupid.  

No matter how much money i make from sports betting and no matter how much money one can have in a bank account, i believe you need to show a form of steady income and it makes a lot of sense.  So please tell me if there is a special visa out there or something that i can do.  What if i've been in cebu for 2 years and i get my wife that i married there pregnant, we have a baby, yes the baby would become an american citizen through me as the father.  

I have always enjoyed talking to the filipinas who enjoy their own place on the islands and would never mind staying there the rest of their life as opposed to the money hungry ones who only care about getting a green card.  I have also enjoyed meeting new filipinas who have very large families so that i can get to know all the brothers, sisters, cousins, aunties and uncles.  I make sure to get to know all their friends and neighbors too because if they don't let me meet all their people, that means there's a chance they are the jealous types and i don't like these types either.  Not only can i get to know the girl i want directly, but i can also get to know her indirectly to see what everyone else that i have gotten to know has to stay about her.  I love my technique even though there is still a chance i meet a bad apple.  

My wife might not care to come to the states because my family doesn't even approve of me going to the philippines but i like the flexibility of going to canada, uk, or even australia anytime with my wife.  Thank you for your time everyone.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• seattlekid25

• Lauie

• Davaoeno

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just two questions for you...       Who do you like to take the NL central this year?   and   Should I take the 40.5 over on the Bears/Steelers this Sunday?

given that you have come to the conclusion that any filipinas who want to move to the US only do so because they are money hungry and only care about getting a green card - why would you want to take

I don't know if you're serious or what, but this is the worst advice I've read on this forum so far.

Posted Images

Davaoeno

I have always enjoyed talking to the filipinas who enjoy their own place on the islands and would never mind staying there the rest of their life as opposed to the money hungry ones who only care about getting a green card.

given that you have come to the conclusion that any filipinas who want to move to the US only do so because they are money hungry and only care about getting a green card - why would you want to take one of them to the US ?

Just stay in the Philippines with one of the ones " who enjoy their own place on the islands and would never mind staying there the rest of their life "

• Like 5

Do You have a question?

Lots of members who can offer advice if some specific query is mentioned.

I live here as do many others and I am married.  My wife and I are happy to be here.  

Perhaps that is a criteria for a relationship you may enter into?

• Like 2

No pay statements, no bank statements, no records of investments (presumably), no tax returns (presumably) and yet you earn a living. Good luck with convincing a bureaucracy of your ability to support dependents. You could always suggest to them that you put up a bond and ask how big the bond should be. Wait...that would put you on the radar....

BossHog

I have just two questions for you...

Who do you like to take the NL central this year?

and

Should I take the 40.5 over on the Bears/Steelers this Sunday?

• Like 6

hmmmm:     WELL if push came to shove you could actually go back and get a JOB to provide documentary evidence of an INCOME.     I took my wife back to US with letter from a prospective employer without being employed. 

So whats the line for Alabama to  3 peat  this year? 

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

No matter how much money i make from sports betting and no matter how much money one can have in a bank account, i believe you need to show a form of steady income and it makes a lot of sense. 

That's not true, you can sponsor based on assets. 

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Folks, , let's answer the questions rather than digress.

deleted 

Edited by Davaoeno
HeyMike

If you can't prove income, you can get a sponsor (family member or other) to sponsor your future wife.

seattlekid25

given that you have come to the conclusion that any filipinas who want to move to the US only do so because they are money hungry and only care about getting a green card - why would you want to take one of them to the US ?

Just stay in the Philippines with one of the ones " who enjoy their own place on the islands and would never mind staying there the rest of their life "

ok lets say that 99% of the women there aren't money hungry and don't care about green cards, the 1% can never be overlooked.  500,000 people there may only be less than 1% of what the country has to offer, but that's still a lot of people.  And for all the women who are indeed money hungry and need that green card, what's wrong with being this way?  i'm not excusing this type of behavior but i understand how they want to bring back to their families.  

why would i want to take them to the us?  i'd rather take them to canada or australia but i realize if i want to do this i would have to take them to the usa first.

Davaoeno

why would i want to take them to the us? i'd rather take them to canada or australia    

I'll give you a clue why :  " Based on my research i have come to the conclusion that i cannot apply for any visa for my wife to come to the usa because of income requirements."

You can get a co-sponsor. My husband who was then 22 (year 2006) was a broke full-time college student working for Dominos at night and on the weekends when he petitioned me for a K1 (Fiance/Fiancee visa). Being unable to meet the income requirement, he asked his parents to co-sponsor him, which they had no problem doing. 

• Like 4
Davaoeno

Hahaha   Mom/Dad- will you co-sign so I can  get a mail order bride ??   

[Lauie- that remark is aimed at seattlekid not you !! ]    I know nothing about your circs , and a broke college student working nights is a long way from a guy who makes his living as a gambler  imho 

• Like 1