Parents Want To Sue Ex-NFLer For Outing Brats

broden

• Admin (Retired)

http://nypost.com/2013/09/20/parents-want-to-sue-former-nfler-for-outing-their-hard-partying-brats/

This is waaaaay offsides.

Parents of the hundreds of teens who broke into and destroyed former NFLer Brian Holloway’s upstate vacation home are threatening to sue him for outing their brats on Twitter — saying he’s spoiling their chances of getting into college.

“You would not believe the calls that have come in, threatening to firebomb me or hurt or sue me — any manner of things,” the stunned Holloway told The Post Thursday as he toiled away cleaning up the damage at his 200-acre spread in Rensselaer County.

“Some complained that this will ruin their kids’ college plans. Others have threatened me, saying ‘Take my kid’s name down or I’m gonna press charges against you.’

“You’re going to press charges against me? C’mon, now. If that were one of my children, they would be doing a year’s worth of apologizing,” said Holloway, a father of eight.

The former New England Patriots offensive lineman learned of the debauched bash — attended by some 200-300 trespassers — after many of the punks gleefully posted photos and texts on social media from inside the out-of-control crash party that left 10 shattered windows, urine-soaked carpets, gouged oak floors and walls covered in graffiti and holes.

Holloway estimates the damage at more than $20,000 and took to social media to try to track down the vandals so they could be held responsible.
A handful of parents have apologized for their kids’ actions — saying they hadn’t known about the party or that their kids lied to them, he said.

But only one parent and child showed up this week at a planned cleanup of the stately Stephentown home, about 25 miles from Albany and near the Massachusetts border.

Holloway said he has hauled away more than 10 massive trash bags of liquor bottles, and found drug paraphernalia strewn across his property.
“How is this OK? How did we lose our way, that this is acceptable behavior? And how do we find our way back?” said Holloway, who had to delay last week’s planned launch of his new women’s-oriented football site, HerLeague.net, to fly to New York and deal with the mess and an ongoing police probe.
The drama started on Aug. 31, when Holloway — home with his wife and kids at their year-round Lutz, Fla., home — learned from his 19-year-old son that dozens of kids were tweeting about a party at the New York country house.

Holloway watched in disbelief as the scene unfolded on Twitter. The revelers came from at least nine surrounding high schools and a local college.
“They had planned to stay there for three full days, if you can believe that,” Holloway said.

He was trying to reach local cops when someone tweeted that sheriff’s officers were on the scene.
“The sheriff came and got everyone out of the house without injury or violence, which is impressive with the amount of drinking and drugs going down and kids in a very dangerous state of mind,” Holloway said.

Holloway, who found “170 tweets from the party within its first three hours,” re-posted them to a Web site to help identify the house crashers and urge them to change their behavior.
The Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that the bash was under investigation.
“My intention is to help set them on a better path,” Holloway said of the public posting.
No arrests have yet been made.
Holloway is planning a picnic for military personnel and their families Saturday at the upstate property.
“I want the scar of this ­removed,” he said.

• Admin (Retired)

amazing

i hope he finds out who every last threat is from and who did every last bit of damage and sues them all in to the ground

• Like 3

Sorry assed parents need their asses kicked, for rearing children as they have. Had we done such a thing, our parents would have kicked our asses and we would have been working at his house until every single piece of trash were removed, the house cleaned up, and assisted the repairmen in working on any damages done to the property. 

Get over yourselves, you worthless fecks, bringing up children as though they do not have to be held responsible for their actions! 

No wonder our country is as fecked up as it is today. Jesus H. Christ!! What the hell is wrong with these people!!??!!

327-brianholloway.jpg?w=522

brian-holloway-3.jpg?w=420&h=236

130919142020-02-holloway-damage-horizont

hollowayone.jpg

hollowaytwo.jpg

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2
InternetTough

Anyone can say that they are going to sue. I doubt if he has to do anything to win against the arrogant. probably rich brats and their parents---they might be advised by their lawyers to not pursue it, as they have no case, and were actually the perpetrators and not the victim. They even included their own public incriminating statements on Facebook---how can they sue him for repeating their own confessions of a crime committed against him? He has already won in the court of public opinion.

He needs to sue the parents. Since only one parent and brat showed up for the cleanup, they obviously need to be forced to do what's right by the law.

The brats can go to state college, if they have to, which I doubt.

• Like 2
Mr. Mike

Spoiled A holes!

Notice anything odd about that second picture?

Spoiled A holes!

Notice anything odd about that second picture?

What?

Mandingo

I use to live in Stephentown, very near where this happened. It is a beautiful place and great little community, sorry to see it happen to him. Spoiled little punks and their arrogant parents should be held responsible for everything they did. Looks more than $20,000 worth of damage to me.

Funny on his website he asking for donations to repair his home and for volunteers to show up at his place with their own cleaning supplies after first checking in with his private security. To own 200 acres in the Berkshires means you have BIG money. When I was working in Pittsfield, Ma. and living in Stephentown, NY (where it happened) the home we rented was going for $400,000 back in the early ninety's.

Edited by Mandingo
  • Like 1
Irenicus

“I want the scar of this ­removed,” he said.

Poor feller.  I hope he recovers from this horrific event.

:itsokay:

Funny on his website he asking for donations to repair his home and for volunteers to show up at his place with their own cleaning supplies after first checking in with his private security. To own 200 acres in the Berkshires means you have BIG money. When I was working in Pittsfield, Ma. and living in Stephentown, NY (where it happened) the home we rented was going for $400,000 back in the early ninety's.

The feck?  Donations?

Holloway was overpaid and over rated.  That's why we kicked him out.  

tom_shor

I would most definately be filing charges and suing the parents after that reaction. Except probably for the one who showed up to help. Hope he also apologized.

What happened to parents that discipline their children and make them take some responsibility for their actions?

My parents would have dragged me back to his house by my ear to make me apologize and work off the damage. I would do the same if I had a kid that did something like that.

• Like 2

“Some complained that this will ruin their kids’ college plans.

No, your kids did that and in so doing proved they weren't ready for college.

‘Take my kid’s name down or I’m gonna press charges against you.’

And what is your kid's name again?

What happened to parents that discipline their children and make them take some responsibility for their actions?

Probably weren't spanked and the parents never home.

I didn't want to hijack the thread-So I started a new one

Here is why kids act the way they do today--- parents rights are being taken away from them

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/63854-do-you-believe-in-spanking-your-child/

Keep in mind that there is a difference between abuse and discipline

spanking on the ass is not a punch in the mouth !!!!

Edited by KID
  • Like 1
Davaoeno

I would most definately be filing charges and suing the parents

you are a lawyers dream client .

(CNN) -- Six people face charges including theft and trespassing in the aftermath of a wild party over the Labor Day weekend at a former NFL player's second home while he was out of town, police in New York state said Thursday.

Brian Holloway, a former offensive tackle for the New England Patriots, was in Tampa, Florida, during the holiday weekend when his son told him he was receiving tweets about a party at their home in Stephentown, New York, Holloway said.

"I thought it was a joke," he told CNN.

According to a news release, the six suspects, who range in age from 17 to 21, turned themselves at the Rensselaer County Sheriff's office.

Watch this video

Ex-NFL'er targets teens who trashed home

A 19-year-old was arrested for "organizing, advertising, and providing alcohol for the party," the police statement said. He faces two felony charges, including third-degree burglary, and two misdemeanors.

Three of those arrested are accused of stealing a granite eagle statue and are facing felony grand larceny charges.

Two others among the six arrested are accused of trespassing and providing alcohol to children.

The party made national news after the homeowner, a former offensive tackle for the New England Patriots, reposted pictures and tweets from the party online.

Brian Holloway said the 300 teens at the party did more than $20,000 damage to his home.

He said some of the kids had been to other parties at his house.

The investigation continues and more arrests are expected, police said.