Selling our beach house in Bohol, need appraiser

Anyone had any luck with with estate appraisers? I'm looking for one. It's so hard to figure out how to price a piece of real estate here. There are fantasy prices, grandma needs surgery prices, and everything in between. I'd like to dispose of the land and building within 18 months and dont have a clue how to price it. Tips? Advice? Admonishments? Flames?

• Like 1
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ogami

• Davaoeno

• Skywalker

• panther

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

any close by similar been sold in last two years   why not post some pics and specs like lot size and floor size etc 

I build and sell houses and buy and sell houses here.  Whatever experience you have had with buying or selling a house anywhere else in the world forget it all !!!   Nothing you have done before can p

I used an appraiser before i sold my house in Cebu City. The fee was P4000. He asked for all the normal documents (lot plan,title that sort of thing),  took some photos, then he went to the local ta

any close by similar been sold in last two years

why not post some pics and specs like lot size and floor size etc 

• Like 3
Davaoeno

Anyone had any luck with with estate appraisers? I'm looking for one. It's so hard to figure out how to price a piece of real estate here. There are fantasy prices, grandma needs surgery prices, and everything in between. I'd like to dispose of the land and building within 18 months and dont have a clue how to price it. Tips? Advice? Admonishments? Flames?

I build and sell houses and buy and sell houses here.  Whatever experience you have had with buying or selling a house anywhere else in the world forget it all !!!   Nothing you have done before can prepare you for selling a house here.  

The more expensive the house the harder to sell . [ just ask Smokey and me lol ]  No one can get a mortgage/bank loan for over maybe 1/3 of the real value, and generally speaking filipinos with money want to tell everyone about the house they had built and wont buy a used house. Of course that consideration doesnt apply to used cheap  houses. Beggars cant be chosers .    Is your house exceptionally well built [ like the austrailans house north of cebu for sale here last year ? ] Well generally that quality counts for very little- people want cheap- and not good .  

You can approach several brokers and ask them what you should price it at - but expect the greed factor to be a major influence.  They will either refuse to give you a price, or give you a price really low - then try to get you to let them keep anything over that.  What we think of as a professional honest trained realtor is almost non existent in this country . [ and i have bought and sold real estate for profit in Canada, the US and in Mexico ]

Take some pics, give us some facts- size, quality,features , get some recent sales of comparable properties in your area on the beach ,    Just remember that Paul makes his living from classified ads here so be prepared to pay for one coz if you just try to sell it thru this thread you will likely run into trouble. But his price is cheap so you should consider going that route [ as well as running this thread ]

Do not expect to get market value unless you just plain get lucky !! And whatever you do do not fire sale the price - because no one here will ever pay what you ask nomatter how cheap it is . hehe  So always have some downside so they can think they beat you up on your price and stole it from you !!

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 3
Headshot

Definitely get with Paul and get this put into classified ads. You may not have intended this as an ad, but it will quickly become one. Ads only cost $10.

• Like 1

Sold one today but it was in two installments to a Filipino couple. Depends a lot on if it's titled. If not, no one will give them a loan to buy .

Chris stokes

I used an appraiser before i sold my house in Cebu City.

The fee was P4000.

He asked for all the normal documents (lot plan,title that sort of thing),  took some photos, then he went to the local tax office and checked out the price for land in that area.

He added his estimated build cost to the land value, that was his appraised value.

Not exactly rocket science but it gave me a starting point to set my price at. 

I dropped the price gradually until i got a bite. 

It sold for 75% of the appraised value, doing it this way i am confident that i got the best price i could for it. It is only worth what somebody will pay you.

I would recommend to be very selective about who you allow to act as agents. The same Realtor has sold both of my properties in Cebu. ALL of the Realtor s that could not show me their Professional id were trying to make a quick buck. EVERY relative of an OFW or Foreigner couple that was scouting round for them was trying to make some money on the side by bumping up the price. Best to only let The actual person with the money through the gate, the rest are wasting your time.

Good Luck!

• Like 3

I'd like to dispose of the land and building within 18 months and dont have a clue how to price it. Tips? Advice? Admonishments? Flames?

Selling at profit or just getting rid of it?

Figure out how much it cost you. Use this as a base price,   add zero to the end.

Advertise it then at 50% off.

Let them beat you down a bit from there. see how you go with that?          :)

Hang on a second...

Beach house in Bohol??

Well it depends on the location.

Panglao Bohol or Tubigon Bohol?

If its in Panglao... I`ll be your agent!!

Actually..If its a beach lot on Panglao,you won't need me..

Davaoeno

Figure out how much it cost you. Use this as a base price,   add zero to the end. Advertise it then at 50% off.

so if it cost you 10,000,000 you say to add a zero and make it 100,000,000 - then sell it for half of that ie 50,000,000 ?????

wow !! if that works my place just went up 40,000,000 in value . Will you be my agent please ??

• Like 2

so if it cost you 10,000,000 you say to add a zero and make it 100,000,000 - then sell it for half of that ie 50,000,000 ?????

wow !! if that works my place just went up 40,000,000 in value . Will you be my agent please ??

I know plenty of local agents here that use that math.

Do you want their number`s too?

JJ.

• Like 3

i have some experience, and indeed no real estate agency can give you a price what u can not come up on your own

give us,

size house,

size lot

build when?

and some pictures

between a few of us we might give you a rough estimate, and then its up to you what is the price you want for it and what makes you happy..

and i (and probably the others as well) do it all for free

Edited by toshi

i am looking at buying a place in or around bohol, please tell me more

could you give more imformation on size and place too, sorry to add this but i forgot

Knowdafish

Do not expect to get market value unless you just plain get lucky !! And whatever you do do not fire sale the price - because no one here will ever pay what you ask no matter how cheap it is . hehe  So always have some downside so they can think they beat you up on your price and stole it from you !!

This is very true! I've had more success with going up in price than down. If they observe you going down with the (advertised) price they will either think you are desperate or think something is wrong with the property. Either way neither are good. 

A_Simple_Man

I know plenty of local agents here that use that math.

I know the same kind of agents but the houses they are listing for those prices are the ones that make their 'slighlty overpriced' houses sell fast as they look cheap by comparison.  The grossly overpriced houses are there for the whales and are never expected to sell, definitely not in the 18 month time frame.

I like Davao's answer best.  In post 3

its not the cost of the house or how much its worth as much as who has the money .... no real bank loans come into play so the buyer has to have a boat load of cash and this gets harder to find when the houses go over 5 million peso and more.. Even if they had 20% and the rest at a reasonable bank interest real estate in the philippines would boom