bacolod immigration office

went for my extension today thinking i,ll be in and out in 20 minutes .when I arrived around noon ,there was nobody else there so I thought great this should be really quick (wrong ) after 15 minutes a brown out ,I thought feck what bloody timing ,anyway My g,f and I were sitting there and this american guy walked in ,he passed over his passport the immigration girl looked at him and said sir you have OVERSTAYED 2 YEARS well I spluttered into my coffee WTF.me being a nosey git and and I was right next to him listening in to the confersation .she said sir why have you overstayed 2 years ? his reply was I had a mental blockage .I looked at my g ,f and could,nt stop laughing and thought to myself boy is gonna cost you some $$$$$$$$$ .he said to her how much is this gonna cost as iv,e only got 40 thousand pesos to my name .she said you need to write a letter to manila and explain why you overstayed for 2 years ,so she sent him on his way ,so the poor fecker still did,nt get his extension .She later told me she has never come across someone overstaying that much before .but I think it will cost him more than 40k anyone got a clue as to how much this guy will need to fork out ? I finally got my extension an hour and half later not to bad I suppose.

Isn't it like double what you would have paid, if you'd used extensions?  In that case, 120,000 roughly.  Plus he should have left the country, so there would be a separate fine for overstaying past 16 months or whatever.

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

.but I think it will cost him more than 40k

Depends how he goes about it and whether he talks to the right person.  Sounds like he has already heard that this can be done for 40K but does not know how to go about it and he is starting out like a bull in a china shop.  So 'for him' I also think it will cost a lot more than 40k, but as with all things BI, your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

it was the way he said the words mental blockage very casual like .well his blocked mind and stupidity is going to cost him big time .his wife or g f was with him and never battered an eyelid lol.Will he be blacklisted over this ?  

My g,f and I were sitting there and this american guy walked in ,he passed over his passport the immigration girl looked at him and said sir you have OVERSTAYED 2 YEARS

One here managed 28 years. Got a doctor to help by giving him a bad medical rap for prostate cancer (which he didn't have) and got out on compassionate grounds.

Irony was he got home to Oz and went to Centerlink (Oz SS) to sort out his pension, said, I'm not feeling well and had a heart attack. A few operations and he's doing fine.

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

One here managed 28 years.

I hear that, but the one you are talking about was married.  The foolish man could have got a 13a and been legitimate years ago, but he didn't.  The one I'm thinking of is also married and never bothered to get a 13a.  (He's the one that just went to Singapore and back but we won't mention names here).

I hear that, but the one you are talking about was married. The foolish man could have got a 13a and been legitimate years ago, but he didn't. The one I'm thinking of is also married and never bothered to get a 13a. (He's the one that just went to Singapore and back but we won't mention names here).

Yes true but I was just trying to say how long you can get away with it without authorites doing anything. He did have a business visa and paid 400 a year then let it lapse. Damn, things were cheap back then.