Locked out

wingandprayer

wingandprayer

I was very recently given a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.  I'm very new to tablets and touch screen and such.  This was a gift from my Mother who had someone else set it up for her and she doesn't know the password as she was basically just using it to play games and apparently never logged in.  My sis-in-law who set up the machine doesn't know the password.

I started playing with it just to see what I could do and learned that without establishing the Wi-Fi connection (which was strong), I just just couldn't do much without the password.

I tried to set up an airplane mode and waked through the steps but kept getting the "Passwords don't match" reply after verifying the password I had just tried to set up.  I gave up for the night.  Now, when I turn the machine on I'm basically locked out from everything as I need a password to get in.  I don't know why this happened as the machine didn't accept my new set-up.  Still, this is probably a result of what I did.  My Mom says she had never seen that problem.

I've tried every kind of typo that may have happened, but it's like beating my head against the wall.

Now I'm like a guy who is trying to break into my own house, so to speak.  There has to be a way to get around this and basically re-format...I'm in the dark though.  I know just enough about computers to be dangerous.

Help?

Prob'ly something like this (search for Hard Reset, Factory Restore, etc.)

Want to hard reset?
Want to Factory Restore?
Forgot you password?
Bricked Phone?
Software Problems?
Stuck on logo?
Want to save money and do it yourself?

This is a possible solution for your android smartphone.

How to Hard Reset the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate by Att

WARNING: All data will be wiped out, erase, deleted and return the phone back to factory settings.

1.Power down device. Then remove the battery. Reinsert it.
2. Press and hold both the VOLUME DOWN/UP key simultaneously and POWER button until you see the second Att logo. Let go!
3. You will enter android recovery. Scroll with the volume button to Factory Reset. Select and confirm with the power button.
4. Next screen confirm and select yes delete all user data.
5. Reboot system now.
4. Done. Your Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897 is now Factory Restored.

Done this on my nipperes tab 2

dont remove the batery. i doubt you will get the thing open without

killing it anyway

just power it down hold the volume buton down and then power button together

follow the onscreen instructions to do a hard reset

An alternative would be to throw it on the ground, get a hammer, and beat it to bits. 

That would reset it. 

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)

An alternative would be to throw it on the ground, get a hammer, and beat it to bits. 

That would reset it. 

that's how i usually do it

wingandprayer

Thanks for the help.  I've made progress.  I'm not locked out, but still need to learn how to get my self connected online.  That's the 1st step in getting it set up for me as the user.  

I sure understand the throwing it on the ground and beating it with a hammer approach.  It's nice that they keep making these machines smaller as my approach in that I normally to want to throw it against the wall and then dance on the pieces before going out to buy another one that will make me crazier.