Question about Bandwidth

To those of you who have, have had, or just know about the internet cafe business, how does that type of business "guarantee" a minimum bandwidth or, for that matter, a school that teaches online?  How does a business that needs reliable internet service get sufficient bandwidth?  Is there a provider that actually delivers a minimum bandwidth to business users?  Based upon my home experience with PLDT, I wouldn't want to rely on that service if my business relied on bandwidth. So, how do they (cafe and schools) do it?

Edited by Terrance
ellenbrook2001

nice comment about PLTD since 4 years ago had too ring them about every 3 months for the INTERNET speed work very good for 3 months then boom nothing they come too fixed but some idiot technician go on the exchange cabinet too connect others then they stuff up a had some young one come too fixed but they have non clue? but i know only a very good technician so a do request him too come or otherwise no one else will touched or they will stuff up. welcome too the philippines what make me grrr PLTD have so many promo for people too connect line or INTERNET but the system his already over crowded how they are going too cope a see everyday repair men in my street , you have too laugh

Answer: You can't. ISPs here are all pathetic shit that isn't suitable for anything but sucking cashing from their victims errrr i mean customers.

So, how do internet cafes stay in business?

littlejohn

I'm using PLDT for my internet cafe its the only choice I have here in my town. Had problems off and on but mostly its OK. Though we did have one outage for 6 days that really hurt but it was the local servers hit by lightning and the whole town was out. Generally you do get better service with the business line. Technically since they give you a guaranteed minimum speed you can take them to court if they don't live up to it but you probably wont since its to much hassle. To have an internet cafe you have to have a small business line mine currently costs me 5,500 pesos a month. I keep hoping we will get another provider here and I can have both with a load balancing router.

So, how do internet cafes stay in business?

People are used to the net sucking so it doesn't affect their business as much as it would in a developed country.

The net cafe owners I know have net problems too. In fact our net is from a neighboring cafe...we just ran a line to them.