Sign in to follow this  
cebubird

Blue Bell Ice Cream Coming to Cebu

cebubird

Reading Tim's comments today about being back in Texas got me thinking about Wolf's chili and blue Bell ice cream. Just a few years before coming here they became available in florida.

Just read in paper today(sunstar)that Blue Bell is coming to Rustans and Metro. Can't wait to get some and hope I can keep it from totally melting before getting back to Argao.

samatm

Reading Tim's comments today about being back in Texas got me thinking about Wolf's chili and blue Bell ice cream. Just a few years before coming here they became available in florida.

Just read in paper today(sunstar)that Blue Bell is coming to Rustans and Metro. Can't wait to get some and hope I can keep it from totally melting before getting back to Argao.

I have already seen it at a Korean convenience store (of all places) in Maribago .    I took a picture of my daughter with  the display and posted it on facebook for the family back home to know its now ok to visit us in PI.    Bluebell - homemade vanilla is the best , but they did not have that flavor. 

as Kid, we took a school field trip to the lil creamery in Brenham and all got the lil personal paper cup size  as a freebie.... on my better days at school ! 

rfm010

is blue bell ice cream the same as blue bunny ice cream?  blue bunny has been available,off and on, for some time now in (dare i say it?) s & r.  being a northern boy i'd never heard of it until i got here.  not bad stuff.

always nice to have more real ice cream available.

jtmwatchbiz

Blue Bell is coming to Rustans and Metro.

hell i i don't need to be in a mall or grocery store for it to hit me.

(on topic key words: blue balls, can't wait to get some, lick ice cream off her _____,  damn i wish my wife would get home soon, etc)

Half Baked

is blue bell ice cream the same as blue bunny ice cream?

No.

Bluebell - homemade vanilla is the best

Yes.

Blue Bell slogans:

"Blue Bell, the best ice cream in the country!"

and

"We eat all we can and then sell the rest!"

samatm

No Blue Bunny is not the same as  Blue Bell   .   Blue Bell  is made in Brenham Tx.  I  think   Blue Bunny is a  Wal-mart brand knock off.  

Blue Bell slogan:  from the little creamery in Brenham. 

Guy60417

"We eat all we can and then sell the rest!"

I remember those ads.

Great ice cream -- and definitely not the same as Blue Bunny.

CardiacKid

If it does, just refreeze it like the store does. Have had really dismal luck with imported frozen food here,

udonthani

it should be OK if you pack it in a cool box with A LOT of ice

hope I can keep it from totally melting before getting back to Argao.

rfm010

I think Blue Bunny is a Wal-mart brand knock off.

may as well start some ice cream wars...

that quote caused me to do a google search and it seems you have done blue bunny a great slander!  from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wells_Enterprises

Wells Enterprises, Inc. is the largest family-owned and -managed ice cream manufacturer in the United States, based in LeMars, Iowa. It is the maker of Blue Bunny ice cream.

Wells is the third largest ice cream maker in the United States...

...In 1935, the Wells family decided to sell ice cream in Sioux City again.  Unable to sell their product under their own name "Wells", they decided
to hold a “Name That Ice Cream” contest in the Sioux City Journal. A Sioux City man won the $25 cash prize for the winning entry of “Blue Bunny” after noticing how much his son enjoyed the blue bunnies in a department store window at Easter.

In 2009, at a time when many ice cream companies (the majority being Dreyer's, owned by Nestlé) cut down the ingredients to ingredients that caused the marketing to "frozen dairy dessert", Wells' Dairy started putting a seal that says "Real Ice Cream" on all Blue Bunny products.

for what it's worth, consumers report did a taste test of butter pecan.  the results:

http://articles.courant.com/2013-06-15/business/hc-ls-consumer-reports-ice-cream-20130615_1_haagen-dazs-ben-jerry-vanilla-ice

When it came to butter pecan ice cream, Haagen-Dazs again claimed top honors in ShopSmart's tests. It is described as decadently delicious --
rich and eggy, with flavorful bits of nuts. But the fat and calories were off the charts, and at a cost of $1.12 per serving, it was among
the most expensive of the butter pecan ice creams that were tested.

Great Value (Wal-Mart) Butter Pecan ice cream, a ShopSmart bargain buy at 27 cents a serving, was rich, with a big butterscotch flavor and roasted
pecan pieces, and it was almost as yummy as Haagen-Dazs' Butter Pecan

Blue Bunny Premium Butter Pecan ice cream, which costs 35 cents a serving, rounded out the top three for its tasty flavor, but it lost
points for being sparse on nuts and a bit icy.

wal-mart brand rated number 2???  makes one wonder and yet, the best ice cream outside of homemade, is kroger's (a grocery chain) orange scream, their ice cream version of the orange creamsicle.  it is both tasty and delicious.

blue bell?  will be happy to try it.  again, the more real ice cream here the better.

• Like 1