Jump to content

PhilHealth for foreigners


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, TheWhiteKnight said:

Bro you might already qualify as a lifetime member with no more fees due if you have been paying for 12 years.

Who are the Lifetime Members?

• Individuals aged 60 years and above and have paid at least 120 monthly contributions with PhilHealth and the former Medicare Programs of SSS and GSIS;

• Uniformed personnel aged 56 years and above and have paid at least 120 monthly contributions with PhilHealth and the former Medicare Programs of SSS and GSIS;

• SSS underground miner-retirees aged 55 years above and have paid at least 120m monthly contributions with PhilHealth and the former Medicare Programs of SSS and GSIS;

• SSS and GSIS pensioners prior to March 4, 1995

nope was paid under the wife's name not mine was her dependent

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • HTM

    22

  • TheWhiteKnight

    16

  • hyaku

    11

  • The Cold War Kid

    10

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to realize that Philhealth is a supplement, not a full insurance. They only pay for specific things, and then only so much. Don't expect them to cover all of your bills while you are in the h

I paid the old price in 2017 to get the final 3 years they offered at that time at the old rate. My wife went into Philhealth office last Weds to see if I could be added to her account as a dependent,

I ain't buying that. As far as I'm concerned my "fair share" is the same as everyone else pays. As for taking money out of their pockets that's BS too. I remember in the ferry terminal in Bohol there

Posted Images

TheWhiteKnight
Just now, tonny said:

nope was paid under the wife's name not mine was her dependent

I'm guessing the wife is not 60 yet either? So she doesn't even get the benefit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheWhiteKnight said:

I'm guessing the wife is not 60 yet either? So she doesn't even get the benefit.

Definitely not. She happens to be much better looking, as well. :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TheWhiteKnight said:

You inspired a new thread

 

I don't even apply for Health Care anymore because according to my Doc I should be dead already 

Edited by Paul
Write your reply OUTSIDE the quoted text.
Link to post
Share on other sites


Oh please. The tiered fees I was refering to, has nothing to do with being an expat. It's if you make more, you pay more. Now the fact that many expats were not paying what they were supposed to pay, may be why they now want to charge all expats more...

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk



Are you suggesting that under the old system, and until now, foreigners were supposed to pay variable fees depending on income? I find that hard to believe. If it were true, Philhealth staff certainly did not know about it... I was not asked about income, nor given any details of tiered fees, when I signed up with them a few years ago. I was just presented with a single fixed fee.
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWhiteKnight
2 minutes ago, Sven said:

 


Are you suggesting that under the old system, and until now, foreigners were supposed to pay variable fees depending on income? I find that hard to believe. If it were true, Philhealth staff certainly did not know about it... I was not asked about income, nor given any details of tiered fees, when I signed up with them a few years ago. I was just presented with a single fixed fee.

There are 2 tiers, but you are right when I went to Philhealth they just quoted me the P2400 a year and I said nothing.

Quote

Premium requirements

  • Individually Paying Members (IPMs) earning an average monthly income of P25,000 and below pay P200 monthly or P2,400 per year, while those earning above P25,000 pay P300 monthly or P3,600 per year. Premium contributions may be paid monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually.

 

  •  
Link to post
Share on other sites
Why should you as an expat be complaining because you have to pay your fair share. You claim to care about the poor Filipinos while you literally take money out of their pocket because you are too cheap to pay your fair share....


I disagree in principle with the "pay your fair share" argument here.
Certainly there are some situations where it's reasonable that someone who earns more, pays more into something. Income tax comes to mind.
But this thread is about health insurance. It does not seem reasonable, in my mind, that health insurance premiums should depend on income... as long as the service rendered is the same for all.
If the premiums should vary at all, they should rather vary with risk affecting the insurance in question.
Furthermore, if you really want the thing to be "fair", then you should focus on the sort of risk that reflect personal choice. For example, smokers should pay more than non-smokers. Now THAT would be fair.
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kabisay-an gid
35 minutes ago, TheWhiteKnight said:

There are 2 tiers, but you are right when I went to Philhealth they just quoted me the P2400 a year and I said nothing.

The price hike for foreigners doesn't take effect until July 1st of this year. Pay for an entire year at the old price now, and they shouldn't have to pay the increased price until their renewal comes up next year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWhiteKnight
Just now, Kabisay-an gid said:

The price hike for foreigners doesn't take effect until July 1st of this year. Pay for an entire year at the old price now, and they shouldn't have to pay the increased price until their renewal comes up next year.

Yup I plan to, I need to renew anyway. But I was referring to the existing two pricing levels P2400 if you make less than P25K a month or P3600 otherwise. I outta be paying P3600 but I'm ripping them off says Salty Dog :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
2 hours ago, Sven said:

 


Are you suggesting that under the old system, and until now, foreigners were supposed to pay variable fees depending on income? I find that hard to believe. If it were true, Philhealth staff certainly did not know about it... I was not asked about income, nor given any details of tiered fees, when I signed up with them a few years ago. I was just presented with a single fixed fee.

 

Not just foreigners, everyone.

Capture.JPG.6f113dbd28aa0a1662782c936de91a51.JPG

Edited by Salty Dog
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
1 hour ago, Sven said:

 


I disagree in principle with the "pay your fair share" argument here.
Certainly there are some situations where it's reasonable that someone who earns more, pays more into something. Income tax comes to mind.
But this thread is about health insurance. It does not seem reasonable, in my mind, that health insurance premiums should depend on income... as long as the service rendered is the same for all.
If the premiums should vary at all, they should rather vary with risk affecting the insurance in question.
Furthermore, if you really want the thing to be "fair", then you should focus on the sort of risk that reflect personal choice. For example, smokers should pay more than non-smokers. Now THAT would be fair.

 

It does work like a tax in a way. Remember many people in the Philippines don't pay taxes, even if required to.

Quote

 

According to its official website, the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation program, PhilHealth, was created to provide all citizens of the Philippines with accessible and affordable healthcare options that meet a high minimum standard of care. PhilHealth is a government-owned and operated tax-exempt corporation administered by the Philippine Department of Health.

PhilHealth states that the program is able to fund itself by collecting insurance fees from Filipinos capable of paying. This subsidizes the cost of the program for those who cannot afford it. 

By law, the cost of PhilHealth premiums is limited to 3 percent of a person's annual income. Those who cannot afford the full cost of premiums pay the least.

 

By the way. In the USA, people who make more pay more for their Medicare and it can go up each year.

Capture.JPG.855bdb4e0793ea1dd932ed36ba2d0245.JPG

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kabisay-an gid
10 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Not just foreigners, everyone.

Apples and oranges.

Your chart applies only to people who are employed in the Philippines and are having half of their PhilHealth premium paid by their employers.

Not the same as plans where individuals are paying the entire premium themselves - which until the recently announced price increase on foreigners has had only 2 tiers - 200 PHP a month and 300 PHP a month.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWhiteKnight
27 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Apples and oranges.

Your chart applies only to people who are employed in the Philippines and are having half of their PhilHealth premium paid by their employers.

Not the same as plans where individuals are paying the entire premium themselves - which until the recently announced price increase on foreigners has had only 2 tiers - 200 PHP a month and 300 PHP a month.

Yup, and no one could cheat on those employer plans it comes out of your check,.

Link to post
Share on other sites
NOSOCALPINOY

If a foreginer pays the P17,000 a yr premiums, will he/she get more of a reimbursement rate on medical services rendered?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..