• Non-prescription drugs and devices
  • Alcohol abuse or dependency treatment
  • Cosmetic surgery
  • Optometric services
  • Other cost-ineffective procedures as defined by PhilHealth
  • Like 1

HTM

Who are qualified dependents

(If they are foreigners, they must also live here)

The following also enjoy PhilHealth coverage without additional premiums
for each dependent:

• Legal spouse (non-member or membership is inactive)
  • Child/ren - legitimate, legitimated, acknowledged and illegitimate
    (as appearing in birth certificate) adopted or step below 21 years
    of age, unmarried and unemployed. Also covered are child/ren 21 years
    old or above but suffering from congenital disability, either physical
    or mental, or any disability acquired that renders them totally dependent
    on the member for support.
  • Parents (non-members or membership is inactive) who are 60 years
    old, including stepparents (biological parents already deceased) and
    adoptive parents (with adoption papers).

All of your qualified dependents shall be entitled to a separate coverage
for up to 45 days per calendar year. However, their 45 days allowance
will be shared among them.

Important:

Your dependents need to be declared and/or
updated with PhilHealth to include them in your PhilHealth Member
Registration Form or PMRF
, your official membership profile with PhilHealth.
Your updated MDR will make your benefit availments easier and convenient.

Edited by HTM
link

Monsoon

Your a registered alien. Tourist type says TOURIST

Huh?

Monsoon

Im going to do an experiment. I told my wife to go an pay PhilHealth and do whatever is needed to be current. When she has our baby I will see if it pays anything and will let everyone know if there were any discounts, coverage or if they call it a preexisting condition. Which it certainly is :-)   However, when I had Blue Cross in the states, and  I married my son's mom when she was already pregnant and it was covered 100%... Times they have changed. That coverage is hard to find in the states anymore and the cost of any that does cover it would be about 8 months of first class living expenses in the Philippines plus the actual cost of the delivery by any means there...

Edited by Monsoon

HTM

Huh?

Yes if your ACR say TURIST you can have it!

Half Baked

If we were married in the States, then came to the Philippines,and my wife got PhilHealth.... am I covered under her plan? Is our baby covered (born in the U.S.)? Yes, we live here... since Jan/2013.

HTM

If we were married in the States, then came to the Philippines,and my wife got PhilHealth.... am I covered under her plan? Is our baby covered (born in the U.S.)? Yes, we live here... since Jan/2013.

Yes BUT!

"Your dependents need to be declared and/or updated with PhilHealth to include them in your PhilHealth Member Registration Form or PMRF, your official membership profile with PhilHealth.

Your updated MDR will make your benefit availments easier and convenient.

She done that?

Monsoon

Yes if your ACR say TURIST you can have it!

Im not on tourist visa, and that wasn't what I was asking.

Half Baked

PhilHealth is giving us some BS about not "reporting our marriage" and not "reporting the birth" of our daughter with the Philippine embassy.

HTM

PhilHealth is giving us some BS about not "reporting our marriage" and not "reporting the birth" of our daughter with the Philippine embassy.

It means that your wife is not married to you in her NSO, and that your daughter is not registered here.

If you got married abroad she must notify the embassy, or you must notify the NSO.

Im not on tourist visa, and that wasn't what I was asking.

Sorry what is your question?

Denis

Thank you HTM.... I did not know anything about it so much appreciated.

Headed that way

They have a nine month exclusion for pregnancy, just looked into that for a friend.

I'm thinking of getting a plan to cover my girl's family to ensure that one avenue of emergency money requests is covered.  And yes they will be informed that that will be our contribution, they pay the rest.

easy44

Great info.  I was under the impression you had to be married to a Filipina to be eligible.  Thanks, I will be applying soon!

Jawny

This issue belongs on another thread, but to give you some assistance, HTM is giving you the correct direction to go.  If you had registered the birth with the nearest consulate shortly after birth, then you would have had an NSO document.  However, it is the BIRTH RECORD that becomes important for PhilHelath.  That is, the child needs to be clearly indicated as YOUR child.  I am guessing that the particular PhilHealth clerk you are dealing with is just accustomed to seeing NSO documents.

I would suggest you pursue the NSO birth record, though I can't advise you how to go about that.  Because you indicate you are here now, the NSO may ask for some sort of verification from your wife as to the child's birth.  I can assure you that the effort will pay off.  There is a strong tendency for many government offices to insist upon the NSO birth record, even though others will suffice.

My daughter had to submit an ORIGINAL NSO birth certificate just to participate in a school sporting event.  It was not returned.  A copy would not do.

In general, PhilHealth is trying to get more enrolled across the nation.  Some political candidates will make a big deal of issuing PhilHealth registration to voters, though they only pay the initial fee and leave it to the constituent to continue making the premium payments.  

Unfortunately, clerks of the world RULE and if you have to jump through some hoops, then best to learn to jump.  

Edited by MikeeW
  • Like 2

Half Baked

Remember!

Foreigners living in the Philippines can get Philippines, also single with tourist visas.

The requirement is that you are "permanent tourist", in other words that you live here . This can be proved by lease contracts and stamp in your passport.

But when I signed up, I used only my passport and ID card from BI (ACR).

This had to be copied and submit with my application (PhilHealth Member Registration Form).

Then I paid for 6 months, 900 pesos.(150 per month now)

Everything took about 40 minutes.

Which PhilHealth branch did you go to? Was it one of the "express" branches or the main office downtown on the corner?