HTM

PhilHealth for foreigners

baby43

P17,000 a year is cheap for a foriegner, i was there over xmas got sick was in hospital for i week cost $2,500 Australian, lucky i haD TRAVEL INSURANCE put had to pay upfront when i left hospital with credit card, this good warning going on tourist visa have money on a credit card especally at retirement age you dont know if you going to get sick also medication expensive compared I pay for in Australia on the age pension

• Like 2

Headshot
12 hours ago, baby43 said:

P17,000 a year is cheap for a foriegner, i was there over xmas got sick was in hospital for i week cost $2,500 Australian, lucky i haD TRAVEL INSURANCE put had to pay upfront when i left hospital with credit card, this good warning going on tourist visa have money on a credit card especally at retirement age you dont know if you going to get sick also medication expensive compared I pay for in Australia on the age pension

You need to realize that Philhealth is a supplement, not a full insurance. They only pay for specific things, and then only so much. Don't expect them to cover all of your bills while you are in the hospital.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 5

to_dave007
54 minutes ago, Headshot said:

You need to realize that Philhealth is a supplement, not a full insurance. They only pay for specific things, and then only so much. Don't expect them to cover all of your bills while you are in the hospital.

Agree..  and they have published maximums for each 'diagnosis..  I think they call it Case Based Maximums..  or something like that.  So a broken collar bone will get you reimbursed to the maximum for that diagnosis, irrespective if you are in cheapest hospital in town or most expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

easy44

I paid the old price in 2017 to get the final 3 years they offered at that time at the old rate. My wife went into Philhealth office last Weds to see if I could be added to her account as a dependent, since mine expires in March. 

They said no because I am a foreigner. Price is now 17k per year for me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1