UFC 165/ Jones vs Gustafsson

Beserker101

Beserker101

This event will take place Sunday 9/22 @ 10:30am, Balls Network - Skycable Ch 301 ...

the card looks ok, unfortunately the lhw title is the best fight slated, .. Gustafsson is tough and

definately has a legit chance to take the belt -

Event: UFC 165: "Jones vs. Gustafsson"
Date: Sat., Sept. 21, 2013, at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view (PPV)

UFC 165 Main Event:

205 lbs.: UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson

UFC 165 Co-Main Event:

135 lbs.: UFC Interim Bantamweight Champion Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland

UFC 165 Pay-Per-View Main Card (10 p.m. ET):

265 lbs.: Matt Mitrione vs. Brendan Schaub
185 lbs.: Francis Carmont vs. Constantinos Philippou
155 lbs.: Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

UFC 165 FOX Sports 1 Prelims (8 p.m. ET):

155 lbs.: Myles Jury vs. Mike Ricci

135 lbs.: Ivan Menjivar vs. Wilson Reis
170 lbs.: Chris Clements vs. Stephen Thompson
135 lbs.: Mitch Gagnon vs. Dustin Kimura

UFC 165 Facebook Prelims (6 p.m. ET):

155 lbs.: Renee Forte vs. John Makdessi

155 lbs.: Jesse Ronson vs. Michel Prazeres
135 lbs.: Alex Caceres vs. Roland Delorme
265 lbs.: Nandor Guelmino vs. Daniel Omielanczuk

jon-jones-alexander-gustafsson-ufc-165-p

• Like 1
littlePP

Yeah, looks like the main event is the best fight by far - still watching though. :drinks:

• Like 1
Beserker101

Yeah, looks like the main event is the best fight by far - still watching though. :drinks:

Can't make any pesos wagering on Jones or Barao, .. gonna parlay  Philippou > Wineland > Gustafsson

... looking to get out lol -

• Like 1

Great stuff - very entertaining main event.

For me it's been a few not so exciting recent months in the UFC but today was right on the money.

Edited by BlueFin
  • Like 2
Beserker101

Great stuff - very entertaining main event.

For me it's been a few not so exciting recent months in the UFC but today was right on the money.

Agreed, it was a good night of fights . I was disappointed in Menjivar/ Reis and Carmont/ Philippou going

the way of  "Lay n' Pray" ... also Wineland ducking into a ko spinning back-kick intended for his ribs that ended

a fight that had upset possibilities .

* Undefeated Nurmagomedov exposed the highly over-rated Bam Bam Healy -

* Enjoyed watching Schaub putting Meathead to sleep -

* Clements coming from the 15 month layoff made Das Wunderkind look like Bruce Lee -

* Prazeres dropped to 155 but still gassed, Ronson got robbed -

* Caceres (Bruce LeRoy) couldn't crack an egg w/ a sledgehammer -

Apparently Gustafsson was in the right place at the wrong time and the UFC Political Machine was more interested

in Jones' defense record than mma justice . The judge that scored the match 49-46 should remove his lips from

Dana White's nut-sack and look for employment elsewhere, maybe he could model clown-shoes for P.T. Barnum ?

99% of  legit mma fans had the fight 48-47 Gustafsson, I watched the fight 3 times and there is no way I could give

Jones round 1, 2, or 3 ... grant it, the Swede gassed in the championship rounds and that contributed heavily to the

decision, but you heard the live crowd overwhelmingly and deafeningly tell the mma world who won the fight .

btw, Gustafsson was a +700 underdog & Jones was the -900 heavy favorite ....

Jones simply could not deal with a stronger clone prototype that took him down for the first time in his career and

imo Bones will be ripe for the pickin' come the rematch . I assume both fighters will be under the mandatory medical

suspension, .. wish Gustafsson could have avoided it, bolstering the case for who won . Fight-Metric had the Swede

winning the striking/ takedowns, but I guess it was not meant to be on this given night -

Quote Dana White :

They took Jon out of the Octagon and took him straight to the hospital.

He was in an absolute war; he's got a massive cut. I don't know if

you've heard, but the doctors were going to stop the fight in the last

round because of the cut. Jones begged him not to stop the fight. And

from what I understand (referee John) McCarthy did too - pleaded with

them not to stop the fight.

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

• Like 1
littlePP

Agreed, it was a good night of fights . I was disappointed in Menjivar/ Reis and Carmont/ Philippou going

the way of  "Lay n' Pray" ... also Wineland ducking into a ko spinning back-kick intended for his ribs that ended

a fight that had upset possibilities .

* Undefeated Nurmagomedov exposed the highly over-rated Bam Bam Healy -

* Enjoyed watching Schaub putting Meathead to sleep -

* Clements coming from the 15 month layoff made Das Wunderkind look like Bruce Lee -

* Prazeres dropped to 155 but still gassed, Ronson got robbed -

* Caceres (Bruce LeRoy) couldn't crack an egg w/ a sledgehammer -

Apparently Gustafsson was in the right place at the wrong time and the UFC Political Machine was more interested

in Jones' defense record than mma justice . The judge that scored the match 49-46 should remove his lips from

Dana White's nut-sack and look for employment elsewhere, maybe he could model clown-shoes for P.T. Barnum ?

99% of  legit mma fans had the fight 48-47 Gustafsson, I watched the fight 3 times and there is no way I could give

Jones round 1, 2, or 3 ... grant it, the Swede gassed in the championship rounds and that contributed heavily to the

decision, but you heard the live crowd overwhelmingly and deafeningly tell the mma world who won the fight .

btw, Gustafsson was a +700 underdog & Jones was the -900 heavy favorite ....

Jones simply could not deal with a stronger clone prototype that took him down for the first time in his career and

imo Bones will be ripe for the pickin' come the rematch . I assume both fighters will be under the mandatory medical

suspension, .. wish Gustafsson could have avoided it, bolstering the case for who won . Fight-Metric had the Swede

winning the striking/ takedowns, but I guess it was not meant to be on this given night -

Quote Dana White :

They took Jon out of the Octagon and took him straight to the hospital.

He was in an absolute war; he's got a massive cut. I don't know if

you've heard, but the doctors were going to stop the fight in the last

round because of the cut. Jones begged him not to stop the fight. And

from what I understand (referee John) McCarthy did too - pleaded with

them not to stop the fight.

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

3-2 all the way Gus, and until that elbow late in the 4th and subsequent staggering around more gassed then anything else, Gus was raining on Jones. It was a bunch of fists vs a few hard elbows and non damaging fluff kicks - and Gus stuffed every take down Jones threw, even getting one himself. This was an obvious 3 rounds to 2 win - possibly 4-1 depending on how you scored the 4th. As you said, every take down, and defense, and strike count - all for Gus.

I do however give props to jones, as the guy battled to the end - gave 100%. Like or dislike the guy, he's proven he is tough, and game.

BTW, there is no way in hell he lasts in the heavyweight division - as we can see that once his obvious size advantage is taken away, he becomes ordinary. Put him in with some heavy hands that match his size and he's going to get destroyed - especially if the heavy handed fighter has a take down defense.

• Like 1