Sign in to follow this  
poby

Cebu colonoscopy - my experience. (warning graphic content)

mpt1947

Poby, 

Had to be one of the best Posts ever  - I especially like the recommendation of your Doctor  - I have all my medical work done by Docs at Cebu University, that also have offices at Chong Hua Medical Arts Center Think I will get a secondary recommendation from Cebu Doctors too

But thanks a lot

dHb

My brother had 3 colonoscopies done - the first 2 about 3-4 years ago and the last one in December 2012. On all occasions, he noticed some bleeding and went in for a check up. After the second one, he was told that he had a fatty liver and to lay off the hard booze.

In November 2012, he noticed blood again and then found that he could feel a lump in his abdomen - a biopsy showed aggressive liver cancer and he passed away in Feb 2013.

In regard to colon cancer, it has been found that there is increased prevalence of it in cultures where barbecued meat is popular.

Ogami

Geez you guys that do it cold turkey with no demerol. Much respect.  Have had it both ways, would never ever do it without drugs. "Mild discomfort" is obviously a highly relative phrase.

mexiwi

I have had a few colonoscopies. 

Dad had colon/bowel cancer in his mid 40s and now has a colostomy, granddad and great grandma died from it.

I first had the camera up the freckle at 29 and every 3 years since - 43 now and just a couple polyps removed.

The night before is the worst - but you always are nice and skinny the next morning on the scales after a night on the throne.