it only took 3 years

panther

Be advised that they are apparently heavier than water- as a room mate discovered one morning while drinking coffee ...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• panther

• mabutiman

• broden

• Hy H

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well finally it happened I was dreading this moment for so long.I have a phobia about cock roaches ,last night I woke up with a motherfecker on my neck and woke the whole house up with my yell.I have

Ahh but the JPN ones are smaller and lower. The roaches bow before entering and clean their feet.

One night I went to bed. I was drifting nicely off to sleep when I felt a weird sensation over my neck and shoulders. I rubbed my hand over my neck, turned over and lifted the pillow...underneath were

this thread is a waste of bandwidth

Are you shittin' me? You, obviously, have missed some of the other threads on this site. 

The Japanese have these things called cockroach hotels. You can make one. A shallow wide box. Cut in roach sized doors in the bottom. Buy a sheet of sticky fly paper and fit in the bottom. Stick a small peice of bait in the middle. They come visit. Their buddies even visit and eat them?! This works better than some of the commercial traps.

WTF? Japanese, hell! We (Americans) have had "Roach Motels" since I was a little boy. Black Flag came out with a slogan, "The Black Flag roach motel. Roaches check in, but they don't check out." 

81kgETg7wCL._SL1500_.jpg

Oh, Panther, you aren't a mouse. You are a wuss. Big difference. Gettin' scared over a damned roach. I bet your g/f thinks you have gone round the bend, mate. If you are gonna be scared of something, be scared of something that can really hurt you, like a spider, or snake.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

My turn. 68, ChuLai, RSVN, woke up with one in my hand, closed it by reflex, and the damned thing flexed its wings (they can fly) opening my hand and flew away.

Some of you my remember we used WD40 and a lighter as a blowtorch. Burned down more than one hooch that way.

Roaches are gross and I don't want them around but they don't bother me much.

However I moved here with a spider phobia.... I'm used to spiders that wait for you to sleep then feed on you. Or the occasional black widow or brown recluse (during travel only for the recluse thank God).  So when I saw my first Tapaytapay (Huntsman spider) I was not pleased.  But I've come to accept them, and will even let them live as long as they aren't in the bedroom with me. They don't seem to want to mess with humans at all.

Now its the damned ants I fear. I seem to be allergic to them and it itches like mad when I'm bit.  I once took a drink of coke out of the bottle only to find out ants had crawled under the cap and were sitting on the rim. My lip swelled up triple size.

• Like 1

WTF? Japanese, hell! We (Americans) have had "Roach Motels" since I was a little boy. Black Flag came out with a slogan, "The Black Flag roach motel. Roaches check in, but they don't check out."

81kgETg7wCL._SL1500_.jpg

Ahh but the JPN ones are smaller and lower. The roaches bow before entering and clean their feet.

• Like 6

Be advised that they are apparently heavier than water- as a room mate discovered one morning while drinking coffee ...

Hehee.   :hyper:      Nice one.

well being from the u.k and fellow brits will back me up here we have very few in the way of bugs because of our weather .The most I see in my house will be a spider coming out the plug hole in the bath tub only ever the size of 5 pesos coin ,and the fly in the summer ,and maybe a wasp .so coming to a place like the philippines and seeing all the bugs here is a bit of a shock I can tell ya.lots of weird lookin critters most of them comin under my door ,maybe need to get a door strip fitted as ive got all windows meshed up .

Just killed a normal size roach here in Cambodia ...5 mins ago ...compared to the Phils they move much slower just a casual stroll across the floor....you rarely see them here at all ...not like the Phils thats crawling with them ...

I haven't seen a single cockroach here (somewhat to my surprise). Got woken up in the middle of the night by a mouse that had climbed into bed with me -- the guy in the next apartment heard me yell.

Other than that my only wildlife visitors have been ants and geckos. 

• Like 1
mabutiman

I haven't seen a single cockroach here (somewhat to my surprise). Got woken up in the middle of the night by a mouse that had climbed into bed with me -- the guy in the next apartment heard me yell.

Other than that my only wildlife visitors have been ants and geckos. 

Yes Cambodia is virtually free of flies and most other bugs ...probably more gekos than anything else .....many types of birds everywhere and.even a barking dog is unusual ....its as quiet and peacefull here at night as you can wish ....totally different to Phils ....

Ever been in the South during Lovebug mating season? Two bugs joined tail to tail and fly. So bad 1 year they closed the highway because they were clogging car radiators windshields.

• Like 1
Knowdafish

If you are gonna be scared of something, be scared of something that can really hurt you, like a spider, or snake.

...or a rat that ends up in the toilet.    :snap:

• Like 2

Prior to coming here I always pictured tons of mosquitos...I was pleasantly surprised that theres far less here than my native state of Michigan.  On the negative side, I got dengue from them here...and thats no fun at all.

Prior to coming to SE Asia I was researching various countries. One of them was Thailand. It looked beautiful but what turned me off to it is every time I came across some huge ugly bug online, it said "origin:Thailand" and I was having images of Indiana Jones and the Temple Of Doom. 

this thread is a waste of bandwidth

The standard of moderators is improving! :not_see:

Edited by Dutchpiet
  • Like 1

...or a rat that ends up in the toilet.    :snap:

I was hoping no one would remember that.

• Like 1