I only went to the shop.

Britishandproud

If she started threatening to leave etc then I would obviously not want her to. But I wouldn't put up with it, I'd tell her to go.

In my situation it be easier than the other thread because there's a kid involved.

Right right, I'm sure that's what the OP in the other thread said at first too. ;)

I'm a bit guilty at times of putting up with this stuff myself......although my girls reasoning for being jealous/possessive are usually valid ones. She only sticks around for the improved living arrangement and monthly allowance I'm sure.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Britishandproud

• udonthani

• hyaku

• Wrye83

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was about 20 mins at the shop, her last message before I went shop was "she's doing something on the net" so I left her to it.   I came back with messages of her being in a little strop, Which I fo

good thing the OP finds it amusing. what's not amusing is him referring to this chatter as his girlfriend. 

Obviously  she was sitting there waiting for you to talk to her and you are absolutley indifferent to her  needs . I think she needs to find a new boyfriend      And I think  your publicizing priva

Posted Images

Britishandproud

made me giggle ..

however I wont judge her after what I have seen in this ..

She could have had a shit day and been waiting for you a long time and from what I see it is 8 in the evening for you and that = 1 or 2 after midnight for her ?

she is tired and feeling insecure

.. her family i.e dad ask money for renovations , mom ask money for food and a dress ,sister 1 ask money for her bedspacer upgrade, sister 2 also want an upgrade, brother 1 wants a 125 moped and so on and so on :D

I dont know .. but if this happens on a regular basis I'd have myself a hard look at the pros and cons of dating this one ..

R :D

It doesn't happen often, her family get no money from me. They all work. She's a nurse, dads a policeman, mom owns a shop, gran retired major in police force, uncle is the head of traffic or something In Davao, sister is in college doing phycology (or how ever you say it) little sis in school and bro training to be in police force too. They don't need money off me (I ain't got any anyway)

She's a great girl and this thread was something to laugh about because it was funny to me.

• Like 2

It doesn't happen often, her family get no money from me. They all work. She's a nurse, dads a policeman, mom owns a shop, gran retired major in police force, uncle is the head of traffic or something In Davao, sister is in college doing phycology (or how ever you say it) little sis in school and bro training to be in police force too. They don't need money off me (I ain't got any anyway)

She's a great girl and this thread was something to laugh about because it was funny to me.

and with this all that needed to be said has been said and most of us got a giggle out of the OP.

Now it can sink in to the archives :D 

• Like 2
udonthani

just in case anybody is interested I have just discovered that 'strop' is not at all a northern British expression like I thought it was.

it appears the expression is in use in the southern section of Britain too. However nobody seems to know precisely where it comes from.

there are two strops. One strop is a slang word, for strap and that has an ancient etymology that goes back to the 14th century. But strop as in sulk, nobody has a clue where it comes from.

• Like 2

We use stroppy in Oz, as in why the hell are you getting so stroppy? Maybe It's a slang term for people being given the strap and sulking afterwards.

• Like 1
udonthani

thanks for that, you saved me the trouble of asking on an Aussie forum. I would have guessed that yes the word would not be unknown in Strine, but in US speak probably would be.

Edited by udonthani

just in case anybody is interested I have just discovered that 'strop' is not at all a northern British expression like I thought it was.

it appears the expression is in use in the southern section of Britain too. However nobody seems to know precisely where it comes from.

there are two strops. One strop is a slang word, for strap and that has an ancient etymology that goes back to the 14th century. But strop as in sulk, nobody has a clue where it comes from.

i thought a strop was the leather thing barbers used to sharpen the razors on, but im not going to google it

udonthani

it looks like it just might one of those man and horse ones and it is strop as in strap  : it  might have its origin is a horse "throwing a strop", or coming loose from one of its bindings, and then becoming uncontrollable.  Horses were like cars are now, in the old days. They inspired a whole lexicon of new expressions.

It was funny to some of us to, mate. Thanks for sharing. 

To me, it was no different than you posting a conversation you may have had with her, that would have been humorous to westerners. 

To these other nitwits who are making more of it, go find something else better to do, like pick on me downstairs, or something. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the - err, um, non-English lesson, whippy. :D

mikejwoodnz

Stropping was also a euphemism for masturbation when I was a schoolboy. 

udonthani

Stropping was also a euphemism for masturbation when I was a schoolboy. 

there can't be many members like you, from the Pitcairn Islands.

We use stroppy in Oz, as in why the hell are you getting so stroppy? Maybe It's a slang term for people being given the strap and sulking afterwards.

Lol, It's because your ancestors brought it over. It's Cockney slang meaning difficult to deal with.