• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Britishandproud

• udonthani

• hyaku

• Wrye83

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was about 20 mins at the shop, her last message before I went shop was "she's doing something on the net" so I left her to it.   I came back with messages of her being in a little strop, Which I fo

good thing the OP finds it amusing. what's not amusing is him referring to this chatter as his girlfriend. 

Obviously  she was sitting there waiting for you to talk to her and you are absolutley indifferent to her  needs . I think she needs to find a new boyfriend      And I think  your publicizing priva

Posted Images

Headshot

Here is my girlfriend getting in a strop for no reason at all lol.

You need to read the Maldita thread. It is exactly what will happen if you marry this girl. She is already letting you know who is boss, and you aren't even married yet.

Britishandproud

Here is my girlfriend getting in a strop for no reason at all lol.

You need to read the Maldita thread. It is exactly what will happen if you marry this girl. She is already letting you know who is boss, and you aren't even married yet.

I was reading that thread when I was chatting to her lol. But she doesn't control me. She knows ill tell her to go if she said she was gonna leave and all that shit.

I don't think she believes you will send her packing. She believes she is in control.

• Like 1
udonthani

amusing that this guy thinks that Filipinos are going to understand what 'strop' means, when even loads of native English speakers are not going to have a clue.

however 'she went into a strop when I went to the shop', does at least rhyme.

• Like 1

amusing that this guy thinks that Filipinos are going to understand what 'strop' means, when even loads of native English speakers are not going to have a clue.

however 'she went into a strop when I went to the shop', does at least rhyme.

I had to look it up after reading this thread. I know a lot of British slang, but had never heard that one before.

udonthani

I had to look it up after reading this thread. I know a lot of British slang, but had never heard that one before.

I am not sure exactly what the regional spread of strop is, but I think it is mainly confined to the north - Lancashire, Yorkshire, around there. So it might turn up on the northern tv soap, Coronation Street, but not the London one, Eastenders. I know straight away what it means but I think even many Brits, would not.

Britishandproud

I am not sure exactly what the regional spread of strop is, but I think it is mainly confined to the north - Lancashire, Yorkshire, around there. So it might turn up on the northern tv soap, Coronation Street, but not the London one, Eastenders. I know straight away what it means but I think even many Brits, would not.
She understands what it means. And I live in Liverpool and heard it used often.
udonthani

She understands what it means.

maybe you don't understand that when a Filipino nods their head, or says yes then that doesn't mean anything. Strop is a regional slang word even many Brits would not understand just like that.

Britishandproud

She understands what it means.

maybe you don't understand that when a Filipino nods their head, or says yes then that doesn't mean anything. Strop is a regional slang word even many Brits would not understand just like that.
I know what you are saying but I mean I've used it before with her and told her what it means.
udonthani

maybe it never occured to you that it is actually better to imitate their dialect, than have them imitate yours.

Britishandproud

I don't think she believes you will send her packing. She believes she is in control.

If she started threatening to leave etc then I would obviously not want her to. But I wouldn't put up with it, I'd tell her to go.

In my situation it be easier than the other thread because there's a kid involved.

made me giggle .. 

however I wont judge her after what I have seen in this ..

She could have had a shit day and been waiting for you a long time and from what I see it is 8 in the evening for you and that = 1 or 2 after midnight for her ? 

she is tired and feeling insecure

.. her family i.e dad ask money for renovations , mom ask money for food and a dress ,sister 1 ask money for her bedspacer upgrade, sister 2 also want an upgrade, brother 1 wants a 125 moped and so on and so on :D 

I dont know .. but if this happens on a regular basis I'd have myself a hard look at the pros and cons of dating this one ..

R :D

• Like 1
Headshot

If she started threatening to leave etc then I would obviously not want her to. But I wouldn't put up with it, I'd tell her to go.

In my situation it be easier than the other thread because there's a kid involved.

Quicksand doesn't kill instantly. You sucks you in a little bit at a time until you can no longer escape. She has already shown you the future, and it is very unlikely that you will be able change her to be what you want. It will just get worse and worse until you are left with very few choices.

• Like 3