Is Your Wife Maldita?

The income is for our son.  I draw disability and he draws 50 percent.  It comes to a bank account in her and his name.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrye83

• Paul

• Headshot

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well 8 pages of advise from a group of guys who for the most part have had more marriages then cars in their lives 

Cut off that Php 49,000 every month going to her, and I assure you, she will change her tune. 

How she is, I'm sorry to say, is - most likely, because of how much you let her get away with. Somewhere along the way, you gave her too much control.   I believe in the Golden Rule. He who has the

Posted Images

Half Baked

I can understand that the money isn't the main thing (being there for your little boy, IS)

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are going to really have it out with her as to who is the boss. Its a shame that its come to that,IMO. But I understand.

WAs the marriage here in PI? Was the baby born in PI?

I think i understand what you are saying, with having a baby in the equation really makes it hard. I cant imagine my wife leaving with my baby girl.

The income is for our son.  I draw disability and he draws 50 percent.  It comes to a bank account in her and his name.

You should have been put as the custodial parent when you applied for his benefits. I would have never let her, or any woman, have control over that kind of money for a child - DEFINITELY not a Filipina. Most can't manage money. I hope she is doing so.

I am under the impression she is not an American Citizen. In that case, I would think that you can ring SSA any time you wish, and reroute the funds to a different account. Personally, I would do that, and make yourself the custodial parent. 

Edited by Paul
  • Like 5
Davaoeno

Lets face it - with an income that large she just doesnt need you anymore.  Which leaves you in a  position of having no leverage .  Definitely a rock and a hard place .  Can you talk to the parents without her and agree to get them to refuse to let her go home ?   That might work in the west, but in the Phil I dont think you have a chance in hell of that happening.  I dont envy you !! I lost a 2 1/2 year old son last year and it still hurts .  

• Like 3
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Im sorry but I see no other possibility than to  make a strong deduction that you drew the short straw with your wife. Whether you will realize that or what you do with it if you come to that realization is up to you. Time to play gorilla warfare. Or if she is smart enough to realize that her cut gets lessened if you split it with a new offspring, I'd be out living up to your name on the forum and dog around until she gets the minimum and get t-shirts printed saying "I went to the Philippines and all I brought back was half of my disability check."

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)

it comes down to the threatening .. if that is the only way she knows how to be .. communication just will not happen

a good woman can get her man to do things she wants him to do with out threats and arguments and such.. same goes for a good man and his woman

perhaps for my own peace of mind of would try every type of communication .. might even try to involve a priest or whatever respected person there may be in your given lives

only you can decide to what level you are willing to go to.. what amount of trouble and work saving the marriage is worth

• Like 7
Half Baked

DEFINITELY not a Filipina. Most can't manage money

Thank you for saying that Paul. From everything I've read, Filipinas "can expertly handle the bank accounts and really make a peso stretch".. BS! From my (limited) experience, Filipinas will spend 2,000,000 pesos at the drop of a hat for a STUPID "investment" and ten minutes later spend 3 hours to save 20 pesos!

Don't by mislead into thinking Filipinas (in general) are good with money. Keep an eye on your money!!!

• Like 3

I can understand that the money isn't the main thing (being there for your little boy, IS)

Unfortunately, it sounds like you are going to really have it out with her as to who is the boss. Its a shame that its come to that,IMO. But I understand.

WAs the marriage here in PI? Was the baby born in PI?

I think i understand what you are saying, with having a baby in the equation really makes it hard. I cant imagine my wife leaving with my baby girl.

Both here in the P.I.  You're right, if it wasn't for my son, she would already be gone.

Here's what a friend of mine did when his girl started acting like this.

Tell her you got her and your son a visa to get to the US. Don't get her a visa. Say it's cheaper to buy tickets to the US in Hong Kong. Have a ticket to the US for you and your son. Fly together as a family to Hong Kong. Order some food at a resto, say you are taking son to CR. Go to flight, leave her there scratching her head, never look back.

• Like 5
Half Baked

Lets face it - with an income that large she just doesnt need you anymore.  Which leaves you in a  position of having no leverage .  Definitely a rock and a hard place .  Can you talk to the parents without her and agree to get them to refuse to let her go home ?   That might work in the west, but in the Phil I dont think you have a chance in hell of that happening.  I dont envy you !! I lost a 2 1/2 year old son last year and it still hurts .

I'd hate that to happen to me. Sorry for that, Ian.

Edited by Half Baked

Cebudog, DO NOT DO WHAT I DID, I waited 46 years and finally said I can't take this any longer.

Now I feel like crap because I'm leaving a 66 year old woman. 12 mil P in settlement and 400K a year still doesn't take away guilt for waiting so long. Wasn't so much PW'd as didn't care. When out house working it was doable. Being together 24 /7 for 2 years did it for me.

You have to decide if you're are willing to lose her. If not, she'll sense it and not change. If you try and are only bluffing it will be worse.

BossHog

How many cokes a day are you drinking? And why doesn't she want you drinking them?

I mean if you were pounding 4-5 liters of Red Horse every afternoon, that's something else.

Btw, don't forget to send her a text while on the plane. "where are you?! The plane is getting ready to take off!"

• Like 2

How many cokes a day are you drinking? And why doesn't she want you drinking them?

I mean if you were pounding 4-5 liters of Red Horse every afternoon, that's something else.

I like to have maybe 3 to 4 8oz of coke per day.  Not any great amount.  I've cut back from 2 litres per day.  Don't drink alcohol at all.

I waited 46 years and finally said I can't take this any longer.

Well, with my heart, there is zero chance of us being together that long.

Btw, don't forget to send her a text while on the plane. "where are you?! The plane is getting ready to take off!"

Jesus! You are a cold hearted fecker. 

With that said, I imagine that would work. 

• Like 1