Is Your Wife Maldita?

ThomsonJr

If someone threatens to leave me I would also help them pack. It's a natural reaction, this means that deep inside her she doesn't give a feck about you, that's why she threatens you with that. Someone who really loves you would not threaten you with that.  I don't like giving advice to anyone about love and relationships because i'm not a pro in it, but for me, if someone threatens me with that, then it's already too late for her. 

It's time YOU tell her to go back to the provinces, tell her you are who you are and that's not going to change. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul

• Wrye83

• Cebudog

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well 8 pages of advise from a group of guys who for the most part have had more marriages then cars in their lives 

Cut off that Php 49,000 every month going to her, and I assure you, she will change her tune. 

How she is, I'm sorry to say, is - most likely, because of how much you let her get away with. Somewhere along the way, you gave her too much control.   I believe in the Golden Rule. He who has the

Posted Images

Davaoeno

I would just take the kid (if you care about it i mean, not just out of spite or something) and go to a new country.

Such a simple solution - I cant believe no one else suggested it !!    Yup- just buy a plane ticket for you and him and off you go .

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

bahalina buong

If someone threatens to leave me I would also help them pack. It's a natural reaction, this means that deep inside her she doesn't give a feck about you, that's why she threatens you with that. Someone who really loves you would not threaten you with that.  

Good advice, but maybe a bit idealistic. How many Filipinas "really love" their foreigner husbands?  It's typically just an appreciation for helping pull her and her family out of their poverty and squalor and giving them all a better life.  Filipinas usually "love" what their hubby is doing for them, but their actions and motives should never be confused with those of a woman that "really loves" someone, IMO.  And, yeah, I would help her pack also.   

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

How many Filipinas "really love" their foreigner husbands? 

at least 1

• Like 2
USCebuana

Hey OP, maybe your wife really cares for you. If you have had heart attacks then you shouldn't be drinking too much sugar drinks and eating fatty foods. Maybe she wants you around longer for your son to know his father. She may not express her concern for you that well but the fact that she wants you to live a healthier lifestyle might mean that she cares. Be glad that somebody is looking out for you. Also, maybe you are spending too much time together. 

Edited by USCebuana
  • Like 3
Headshot

I don't know about maldita, but here are some of our wives from when a bunch of us went up to Borussia in Sogod last weekend. Are they maldita? I don't know...you be the judge.

post-6379-0-53528100-1381543399_thumb.jpg

:ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:  :ROFLMAO:

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
rainymike

Hey OP, maybe your wife really cares for you. If you have had heart attacks then you shouldn't be drinking too much sugar drinks and eating fatty foods. Maybe she wants you around longer for your son to know his father. She may not express her concern for you that well but the fact that she wants you to live a healthier lifestyle might mean that she cares. Be glad that somebody is looking out for you. Also, maybe you are spending too much time together. 

Agree. While it may seem that she's infringing on his 'rights', the reality is that in any relationship you make compromises about your 'rights.' It's not just about yourself anymore. It's about your partner and in this case, a child. Often pinays are in a 'powerless' role in the relationship and don't control the economic power. Threatening to leave may be the only card to play.

I can't really judge the OP's situation. But he comes off sounding a little self-serving in my opinion. Oh yeah, I had to go through that myself. I was a bachelor for a long time. And at my age, I was kinda used to having things my way. Took some effort to find the middle ground for the good of the relationship.

• Like 1

Good advice, but maybe a bit idealistic. How many Filipinas "really love" their foreigner husbands? It's typically just an appreciation for helping pull her and her family out of their poverty and squalor and giving them all a better life. Filipinas usually "love" what their hubby is doing for them, but their actions and motives should never be confused with those of a woman that "really loves" someone, IMO. And, yeah, I would help her pack also.

Isn't that what women everywhere have been doing since men went out clubbing mammoths and dragging them back to the cave for supper?

• Like 1
bahalina buong

at least 1

You know you're special and I'm sure you got my point.  :)  The average expat here cannot expect love (as he knows it), but at the same time, he should not tolerate disrespect from his wife.  Unfortunately, the western world conditions us men to just bend over and take it. 

• Admin (Retired)
broden

You know you're special

they've been telling me that since my old school days

• Like 2

Hate to put personal business on a forum but I'm at my wits end.  My wife is driving me absolutely crazy.  She wants to control every aspect of my life...from how many cokes I drink per day to how many cigs I smoke and everything in between.  She wants to tell me how to dress, what to eat, you name it and she wants to make the decision.  If I don't agree with her she threatens to go back home to the province and take my son with her.  Any advice on how to get her to let me make my own decisions on the little things.  I don't mind her putting her two cents in on the big stuff but hey, I didn't get married at this age to have another mama.  Help me out here.

Haha, same thing happened to me. But I had no kids so I gave her some money, not alot and sent her home to her family. Most women are like this in my experience. If you read the dating profiles for Filipinas, they invariably say: I want a SERIOUS relationship leading to marriage to my soul mate or similar to that. What the means in my translation is: I want your b*lls in my hand at all times and I own you. That's the nature of most women in my experience. Not all. I had a Latin g/f who gave me complete freedom. I give freedom to a woman and I expect freedom in return.

Jesus! You are a cold hearted fecker. 

With that said, I imagine that would work. 

ha, if she has half a brain all she has to do is ask to look at her ticket. But I suppose you could just photoshop that. Course you're creating an enemy for life, not a good thing to do.

I would warn you against going alone to talk about your problems with third parties---like this forum. That always leads others to saying, "You are right, you are so right." If your family is important to you, go with your wife to a marriage counselor and work things out together. I once heard a priest of fifty years experience say that what broke up marriages the most was third parties approached in this way, to complain about the partner. He said it broke up more marriages than affairs. 

Do you actually love this woman still? DOesn't sound like it to me; in which case I'd try to get rid of her. I don't think diverting the funds back to you will work. Nor do I think it's a good idea to do what wyeth suggested. Find some way to take the kid away from her so her threats become idle. Do not lose your life to this woman, since your time is short

I would rather be happy and independent alone, than unhappy in a marriage where I am bossed around by any woman, no matter how good she looks. 

I have had 3 marriages, and God only knows how many relationships. I am still happy - and no woman is telling me how many cokes I can drink per day. feck that, Robert. What kind of life can a man have if he is living it according to what someone else wants? 

You may have forgotten that he stated he has already had several heart attacks. Now, it is up to him if he wishes to live his remaining years unhappy with a woman bitching at him all the time. Or, if he wishes to live a life where he can lay on the sofa watching whatever sports he wants, in his underwear and with a beer in his hand.

Exactly what I think. Plus the stress he is having to endure from such a woman cannot be doing anything beneficial for his bad heart.

My main goal is to try to keep my wife and my son with me.  The advice I wanted was how to save my marriage.  I know that walking away is an option and I used that option with my second wife.  I  don't want to have my son grow up calling someone else daddy and I love my wife but she's driving me crazy.

I had a talk with her the other day and told her if she didn't love me anymore to leave and believe it or not, the last two days have been much better.  No fights and she's keeping her mouth closed.  Thanks for all the advice guys.  I'm willing to work on this if she is but my fuse is a lot shorter now.  I'll let you guys know how it progresses.

Ok now that you've clarified it, go for marriage counseling, but I would not expect that to work; the results will probably be the same, except then you will be without your boy.