Sign in to follow this  
liquido

Banana Moon Cantina

liquido

Been talking to this one girl in Mactan and she told me the Banana Moon is closed now?

panther

maybe have to wait on some of the mactan boys to toddle over there to confirm it .

JamesMusslewhite

I believe you are right. My friend Jay went there last week and it was closed, when he asked a local they told him they had not opened in a while. Damn shame to as they had really good Tex-Mex style food. Too bad they were not able to keep afloat, for it is a loose to the Cebu expat community.

• Like 1

mexiwi

I dropped by when I was there on the weekend of 10th August and it was closed, had been for the week before as well.

My gf said it has been closed since. She talked to a friend who works there and she said was no customers.

Pity, it was a good bar to drink at, whether you got on with Neal or not.

I met my gf there too :)

JasonEcos

We went by twice in the last 3 weeks and both times it was closed and locked.

panther

a couple of reasons on the closure could be its location being right next to the grand mall where you can choose from many outlets to eat in airconditioned comfort .there is nothing worse than eating in a hot sticky resto with mossies buzzin around you like when I ate there .There is also a very busy philippino resto directly opposite which opened last year.I found the interia of banana moon very dull and badly laid out .when me and the g f went to eat we were the only ones there and the meals took a long time to come out and did,nt all come out at once which is a pet hate of mine here .I had finished my meal before my g f ,s meal came out thats why one of the reasons I never went back .  

For Real

The place has been there for a while - before Banana Moon it was Cadillac Cafe - until it got shut down 

MikeMS

Say it ain't so!

samatm

awe shucks....maybe he is just takin a break ... I get the feeling Neal marches to the beat of his own drum... and will reopen when he feels like it.     Chili was good,  Music was great.

Edited by samatm
  • Like 1

MikeMS

I called there last night. Got a girl not sure who, she said the hostel is still open and that maybe the restuarant will open again. But not sure who I was speaking to or how accurate the info is.

panther

The best thing about banana moon is their presentation video on youtube sadly it does,nt match the experience IMO

mexiwi

I always enjoyed it as a place to go have a beer. Certainly a lot better than some bars around.